Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Which side of the fence are you on?
In
Out
  View Results 306 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst in or out?

This thread currently has 16,082 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
chrissy
October 24, 2023, 10:16pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Back to the conference we go if he stays.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 215
MuddyWaters
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
I’m not sure what the problem is but something isn’t right. The squad that looked so able in pre season and the first few games have become a quivering wreck.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 215
GrimRob

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,423
Gold Stars: 113
Out. There may be a parallel universe somewhere where he stays on and guides us to promotion, but it seems an edge case. The players are mainly here for 2-3 years, give someone else the transfer window. I'd rather it was someone completely new, no former players/managers/coaches - just a total reset.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 215
Teestogreen
October 24, 2023, 10:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
When Town sign players - is there a chap who profiles them all as suitable to play for Town?  or is it all PH who signs them?’ Thought there was a profiler in the background ?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 215
geir
October 24, 2023, 10:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
I have been on the fence until now, but there obviously has to be a change. Thank you for so many great memories Mr. Hurst - you have done well and will always be remembered as one of the very best managers for the club. Unfortunately, the way football is, almost every manager has a sell-by date and the time has come for a new manager to get the best out of a team that is heavily underperforming. This team has shown in glimpses this season what they are capable of, and now is the time for someone to make good of the promise these players represents.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 215
immariner
October 24, 2023, 10:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Suspect i'll be on my own with this one but I remember that absolutely horrific run the season before last around the turn of the new year that felt eerily similar to this. Like now, we were in every single game, the better side in many, but we just kept losing by the odd goal. The calls for him to go were getting deafening. Now, obviously i'm not saying we're going to turn it around and end up in the play offs but neither am I worried about relegation either at this point. Yeah, we're not going to battle for the play offs and probably not the top half and that's disappointing but Hurst's got more than enough goodwill in the bank with me to be given the chance to turn this slump around as he did then and I'd like to think we can be an outlier in modern football and show a bit of loyalty and faith. Toxicity and vitriol certainly doesn't help anyone, we need to get behind him. There must be no one hurting more and more livid than PH right now. The players are letting him down, they need to show far more character than they currently are. I expect he'll look to ship a number out in January, if he's given the chance of course. I just really want him to succeed and i'm not willing to write him off yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 215
toontown
October 24, 2023, 10:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
I've been narrowly on the side of Hurst In over the last few weeks but that performance seals it for me - Hurst out.

The worst team for most of a home game against a side that has been in relegation battles for the last few years, is right down there again and is in an awful run themselves with a temporary manager. All that and we are playing 5 at the back and still concede twice even after being gifted an own goal for the ages to give us a head start. Sure we eventually managed to score ourselves and look interested for 15 minutes or so of the 90 but against a team as rank bad as that it's nowhere near good enough.

I don't think he has lost the dressing room as in players are rebelling against him, I just think they have no belief in his system, or themselves and no idea what they are being asked to do. No fight or desire in them at all apart from Holohan and Green, which is very very concerning. Regardless of what some people might think we are knee deep in a relegation battle now. Yet Colchester seemed to show more desire for their interim boss!

We've got 2 weeks after the Donny game before another league match - do NOT kick the can down the road. Hurst sadly needs to be let go tomorrow, with thanks for all that he's done for us last year and before. But we are in a worse position than when he took over us 3 years ago aren't we, and he couldn't turn it around then - this is a mess of his own making so even less chance of him making the changes necessary soon enough. Davies and Pearson can take care of the Donny Game, might even improve things with a new perspective, and it gives us two and a half weeks to get some one in for the Morecambe game. Whoever comes in has to be given time so they can act immediately in January. Hurst didn't have much time before January 3 years ago and then by the time he acted it was too late.

Like many others I'm a bit shell shocked at how it's gone so so badly wrong so quickly. These players looked far better than this at the beginning of the season but we are getting worse and worse, we have the stink of relegation about us now, we should all recognise the foul odour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 215
GollyGTFC
October 24, 2023, 10:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,984
Gold Stars: 356
I didn’t go tonight. I didn’t watch it. I didn’t listen to it either.

Despite the impression some of my posts might have given I was in the camp of giving Hurst until Doncaster at least. I no longer see the point in giving him Saturday.

Get rid now and we have 2 and a half weeks to find somebody else before we return to L2 after the FA Cup break.

If Ben Davies get us anything from Doncaster and we’re still in the Cup when a new manager is appointed that’s a bonus.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 215
toontown
October 24, 2023, 10:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from immariner
Suspect i'll be on my own with this one but I remember that absolutely horrific run the season before last around the turn of the new year that felt eerily similar to this. Like now, we were in every single game, the better side in many, but we just kept losing by the odd goal. The calls for him to go were getting deafening. Now, obviously i'm not saying we're going to turn it around and end up in the play offs but neither am I worried about relegation either at this point. Yeah, we're not going to battle for the play offs and probably not the top half and that's disappointing but Hurst's got more than enough goodwill in the bank with me to be given the chance to turn this slump around as he did then and I'd like to think we can be an outlier in modern football and show a bit of loyalty and faith. Toxicity and vitriol certainly doesn't help anyone, we need to get behind him. There must be no one hurting more and more livid than PH right now. The players are letting him down, they need to show far more character than they currently are. I expect he'll look to ship a number out in January, if he's given the chance of course. I just really want him to succeed and i'm not willing to write him off yet

The difference then was we were going on a slump from top of the table to 10th or so. This is more like when he took over with us what, 17th (?) and couldn't turn our form around enough and we ended up relegated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 215
immariner
October 24, 2023, 11:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from toontown

The difference then was we were going on a slump from top of the table to 10th or so. This is more like when he took over with us what, 17th (?) and couldn't turn our form around enough and we ended up relegated.

I don't think it's more like that, this squad has far more ability than the one he inherited from Hollowords and we weren't in games the way we are now, and as we all know, external factors meant he was left with not a lot of choice for bringing players in to try and turn it around. It's probably somewhere between the two situations to be fair. I just think he can get us out of it but ask me again closer to the January window, if we still can't buy a win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.