Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Which side of the fence are you on?
In
Out
  View Results 306 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst in or out?

This thread currently has 16,349 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
October 25, 2023, 10:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,703
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from Pontoon bill
That said the vile shouting at Eastwood, that he obviously heard ,from the Pontoon was well out of order.

Going on for a few weeks.   Was some moron at Stockport literally red in the face from screaming over and over again at Eastwood how he was as useless girl private.  

That'll help him.

Hurst taking a few C Bombs on Twitter today/last night as well.  He's not doing the job we hoped he would this season and without even going down the path of respect owed for what he's done, just show a bit of respect.  He's not a girl private, far from it.  He's a genuinely decent bloke.  I honestly despair at the sheer amount of empty air between the ears of some of our fanbase.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 215
grimsby pete
October 25, 2023, 11:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from diehardmariner

Hurst taking a few C Bombs on Twitter today/last night as well.  He's not doing the job we hoped he would this season and without even going down the path of respect owed for what he's done, just show a bit of respect.  He's not a girl private, far from it.  He's a genuinely decent bloke.  I honestly despair at the sheer amount of empty air between the ears of some of our fanbase.

Whatever the outcome Hurst deserves some respect we should all keep our opinions polite. Yes I want him gone
but instead of calling him I thank him for all his hard work and just say it has not worked for us this time.You only have to look at our home form since we have been back in the league  that alone deserves the sack.
Sorry to see you go Paul but like Buckley mk3 you have been here too long go now before it gets really toxic on here as I said you don't deserve that.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 215
Poojah
October 25, 2023, 11:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from diehardmariner

Going on for a few weeks.   Was some moron at Stockport literally red in the face from screaming over and over again at Eastwood how he was as useless girl private.  

That'll help him.

The joke’s on them at the end of the day. Hurst is emotionally intelligent to realise that, and that a few idiots don’t speak for the majority (even if the view of the majority seems to be that things need freshening up).

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 215
ska face
October 25, 2023, 11:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
I honestly don’t get the dread and fear around appointing a new manager. Jumping the gun a bit, admittedly, but I’d see it as a positive, a clean slate for the whole squad, a fresh approach and new ideas.  

This would/could be the first appointment not made by Fenty for going on 20 years. I’m failing to remember a manager that hadn’t been tainted with the stain of the former leadership for one reason or another - cheap option, easy option, Holloway’s bizarre investment plans & ulterior motives, returning losers, short-termism, etc.

I can’t remember a time where all the fans were united behind a manager and board - there always seemed to be an issue somewhere, whether it was living under the yoke of the old regime or a negative view of the incoming manager.

We’re under new ownership with a new approach and decent prospects. A chance to freshen things up should be relished by all.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 215
October 25, 2023, 11:42am
Guest User
I vote in, but that vote, and all the others on here mean absolutely nothing.  Do you think the owners read and take notice and act on what a very small minority of town fans say on a public forum?
Reply: 64 - 215
Poojah
October 25, 2023, 11:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from 123614
I vote in, but that vote, and all the others on here mean absolutely nothing.  Do you think the owners read and take notice and act on what a very small minority of town fans say on a public forum?

They offer an insight into the general sentiment amongst the fanbase, albeit based on a sample of ~5% of match going fans. Incidentally, the results have gradually improved in Hurst’s favour, from 1 in 10 backing him immediately after the game last night, to 1 in 5 first thing this morning, to 1 in 4 as of right now.

Given where are we are, 25% still wanting him in seems pretty decent, and a bit higher than I had anticipated.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 215
gtfc_chris
October 25, 2023, 11:53am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ska face
I honestly don’t get the dread and fear around appointing a new manager. Jumping the gun a bit, admittedly, but I’d see it as a positive, a clean slate for the whole squad, a fresh approach and new ideas.  

This would/could be the first appointment not made by Fenty for going on 20 years. I’m failing to remember a manager that hadn’t been tainted with the stain of the former leadership for one reason or another - cheap option, easy option, Holloway’s bizarre investment plans & ulterior motives, returning losers, short-termism, etc.

I can’t remember a time where all the fans were united behind a manager and board - there always seemed to be an issue somewhere, whether it was living under the yoke of the old regime or a negative view of the incoming manager.

We’re under new ownership with a new approach and decent prospects. A chance to freshen things up should be relished by all.

I genuinely don't think we ever will either. Call me cynical but there has always been - and will always be - a small group of fans who get high off negativity. We could appoint De Zerbi or Guardiola and they wouldn't have the track record at this level to do well. We could appoint an up and coming manager who steers us to a miraculous 2nd place finish, but the board haven't delivered a training ground yet. We could reach the FA Cup Semi Final next season and the following year, when we haven't signed some Championship regular we'll be lacking in ambition.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 215
lew chaterleys lover
October 25, 2023, 12:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from gtfc_chris

I genuinely don't think we ever will either. Call me cynical but there has always been - and will always be - a small group of fans who get high off negativity. We could appoint De Zerbi or Guardiola and they wouldn't have the track record at this level to do well. We could appoint an up and coming manager who steers us to a miraculous 2nd place finish, but the board haven't delivered a training ground yet. We could reach the FA Cup Semi Final next season and the following year, when we haven't signed some Championship regular we'll be lacking in ambition.

It's human nature Chris. A friend of mine is a season ticket holder at Man City and is bemoaning the fact they've lost a couple of games.

That is the attitude to have to be honest; perfection should be the aim even if it is unattainable.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 215
pontoonlew
October 25, 2023, 12:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
The silence from the club today is deafening, it felt inevitable he’d be sacked last night and now it feels inevitable he’ll be given yet another lifeline.

It must be brilliant knowing not matter what you do in your job, you’re almost certain to remain in it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 215
October 25, 2023, 12:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
The silence from the club today is deafening, it felt inevitable he’d be sacked last night and now it feels inevitable he’ll be given yet another lifeline.

It must be brilliant knowing not matter what you do in your job, you’re almost certain to remain in it.

I don't know what 'silence from the club is deafening' means when the club is pretty much silent most of the time.  The fact that there is still 5 months left of the season to play out gives PH time to get to the bottom of the problem currently, and fix it.

Reply: 69 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst in or out?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.