Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 170 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,340 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
December 4, 2021, 5:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Quagmire

A team outside of the relegation places who he managed to get relegated?

A team heading straight for them that the previous manager bottled on taking responsibility for the relegation.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 314
pen penfras
December 4, 2021, 5:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from OneLove
Well having gone from top of the league and a team that could put teams away with slick football and creating chances to a team that seem troubled, to me means off field antics having heard about a player whether its true or not but this along with sears maybe sum it up why we have gone off the rails.

What did you hear?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 314
dapperz fun pub
December 4, 2021, 5:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Quagmire

A team outside of the relegation places who he managed to get relegated?

He had plenty of time to turn it around last season ..he didn’t. He’s slowly turning us into a mid table level five team anyone who thinks that’s acceptable needs to wobble their head.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 314
ackomariner
December 4, 2021, 5:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Ridiculous.

Hurst is a class manager
that needs to be allowed his time to acquire, build, assess, adjust and acquire to build again

There are no quick fixes. You support your manager and accept that things take time with ups and downs

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 314
MarinerWY
December 4, 2021, 5:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,980
Gold Stars: 47
How quickly things change. I remember when Hurst took over there was popular posts on here stating (correctly imo) that if we go down, it's on Fenty and Holloway and definitely not Hurst, he inherited a shitshow that was in freefall.

Now we have had a bad run, and posters on this thread are digging into the past cos it bolsters their current narrative.

Hurst was not to blame for us being Relegated. That is absurd.

Moving to the here and now, I think it would be far too premature to sack Huest now. At start of the season I'd have settled for the play-offs in what is a tough National League this year. My hopes have been massively up for automatic promotion since we started so well, but that doesn't mean I'm forgetting the overall context. Playoffs in this current league would mean success, considering our start point post Fenty & Holloway. I still believe Hurst will get us there, at least.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 314
Ipswin
December 4, 2021, 5:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Neil Warnock anyone?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 314
quebec38
December 4, 2021, 5:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from sapper mariner
same old manager (insert name here) thread. Instead of just rambling on saying we need a team with fight etc etc  who would you like in charge and who is available. i am no way justifying the current run but it just gets my goat when people spout about change but offer up no solution.

Welcome to thefishy.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 314
pen penfras
December 4, 2021, 5:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MarinerWY
How quickly things change. I remember when Hurst took over there was popular posts on here stating (correctly imo) that if we go down, it's on Fenty and Holloway and definitely not Hurst, he inherited a shitshow that was in freefall.

Now we have had a bad run, and posters on this thread are digging into the past cos it bolsters their current narrative.

Hurst was not to blame for us being Relegated. That is absurd.

Moving to the here and now, I think it would be far too premature to sack Huest now. At start of the season I'd have settled for the play-offs in what is a tough National League this year. My hopes have been massively up for automatic promotion since we started so well, but that doesn't mean I'm forgetting the overall context. Playoffs in this current league would mean success, considering our start point post Fenty & Holloway. I still believe Hurst will get us there, at least.

If Hurst hadn't signed so much shite at the end of last season, then the starting point for this season would have been better. It certainly wasn't a universal opinion that Hurst was free from blame, and taking over a team that wasn't in the relegation zone then finishing bottom is hardly blameless. We were better when he stopped playing so many of his signings and brought players back in that he'd outcast a couple of months earlier. No wonder they weren't playing for him...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 314
dapperz fun pub
December 4, 2021, 5:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Ipswin
Neil Warnock anyone?

I’d have him in a heartbeat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 314
easypeersy
December 4, 2021, 5:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from chaos33
I would respect your view if you didn’t present it like an illiterate and peevish child.

I would respect anybody’s opinion whether they are professor of English language or someone with literacy problems from a special needs school.
I think it is you who are being childish trying to belittle someone who is only trying to express an opinion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 314
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.