Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Brexit deal agreed

This thread currently has 25,037 views. Print
55 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
codcheeky
December 24, 2020, 10:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from promotion plaice

We can now catch MORE of our own fish than we could when we where in the EU.

You'll never please the remoaners Boris mate, those that insisted we get a deal.

Whose a remoaner,I voted to leave to get our waters back, Johnson has completely failed in this, they are even allowed to fish within our 12 mile limit. If you want to see it’s a a positive it’s your choice, the fact is we caved in on fishing to get a deal, we have our sovereignty but not our waters. Norway have a much better deal no one but them can fish their seas without permission. So we got back a tiny bit of our own fish wow
Not interested in who won or lost, this is not much different to Mays deal, but I am sure the spin will be different. I would expect the local MPs to vote against because it sold the fishing industry down the river, However it seems Starmer will back it so it should sail through
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 545
LH
December 25, 2020, 12:41am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,515
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from promotion plaice

We can now catch MORE of our own fish than we could when we where in the EU.

You'll never please the remoaners Boris mate, those that insisted we get a deal.

All them British fish getting to passport control at the edge of British waters on NYD are going to be fuming aren’t they?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 545
ginnywings
December 25, 2020, 12:49am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from grimsby pete

It was the remainers on here started saying we are going to lose and not get a deal. It did not matter how many times I said we would it was just doom and gloom all the time.

We are going to be better off out you wait and see.

We were always going to get "a deal" of some sort. The question is, is it a good deal? We haven't "won" anything. You think 660 billion sounds impressive because it's a big number. It's a flipping drop in a very large ocean. An ocean we can no longer sail in.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 545
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 25, 2020, 10:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

We were always going to get "a deal" of some sort. The question is, is it a good deal? We haven't "won" anything. You think 660 billion sounds impressive because it's a big number. It's a flipping drop in a very large ocean. An ocean we can no longer sail in.

We don’t have either the trawlers or the fishermen to sail any oceans anyway Ginny. Disgraceful as it is, the time of trawling from Grimsby has gone for good. However good or bad the deal, sadly that is the reality we have to live with after 50 odd years of being sold down the river by different governments and screwed by every French president since De Gaulle. My deceased fishing relatives will be spinning in their graves whichever way it turns out.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 545
grimsby pete
December 25, 2020, 1:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings

We can sail on our bit.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 545
KingstonMariner
December 25, 2020, 1:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Pete. That £660 billion pounds isn’t new business. It’s the £660billion we would be doing anyway tariff free. We’re no better off . In fact worse off because in the Single Market EU countries can’t put up all sorts of little blocks to our exports. Plus there’s all the extra bureaucracy. Business has to recruit an extra 50,000 non-productive people to handle the paperwork = lower profits = less tax. The government is having to employ more customs and excise staff (imagine that, all those extra Swins 😉) which taxpayers have to cover. The finance industry (one of our big export earners) isn’t protected to the same degree, so again we lose profitable business and taxes.

As Ron pointed out, we don’t have the capacity in our fishing industry to benefit so that extra ‘British’ fish will be caught by foreign fishermen in foreign owned boats sailing under a flag of convenience.

You’ve been had if you think this is good deal.

Oh and we have a customs boarder between GB and NI. Good work Boris you lying cûnt!

Still I can get a blue passport next year. Whoop-defucking do!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 545
Ipswin
December 25, 2020, 2:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

It was the remainers on here started saying we are going to lose and not get a deal. It did not matter how many times I said we would it was just doom and gloom all the time.

We are going to be better off out you wait and see.

Forgive me if I fail to recognise your foresight Pete, after all you followed 'In Jolley we trust' with 'In Ollie we trust' The new bloke must be shitting himself that you will approve of him

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 545
ginnywings
December 25, 2020, 4:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from grimsby pete

We can sail on our bit.

We could before.

Truth is, Boris lied (surprise) and is now parading the agreement like he's won the World Cup.

The extra fishing quotas will be sold to the highest bidder like the last lot were.

Then there is the work time directive, which we will scrap and our workers will be back to being the most poorly treated in Western Europe. Turkeys voting for Christmas.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 545
ginnywings
December 25, 2020, 4:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Some of you missed my analogy. The Ocean I referred to was Europe, not the actual sea. I just used a nautical reference to make it topical.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 545
grimsby pete
December 25, 2020, 6:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
Some of you missed my analogy. The Ocean I referred to was Europe, not the actual sea. I just used a nautical reference to make it topical.

I know that Ginny hence my wink.

We are free to make our  own deals now and we will make them on better terms.

Stop being so defeatist .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 545
55 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.