Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
lukeo and 21 Guests

Brexit deal agreed

This thread currently has 24,229 views. Print
55 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
DB
January 7, 2021, 12:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,884
Gold Stars: 383
The only lie by the elite was on the vote join the EU. It was put as this " Do you want to trade with the EU, 20 miles away having a free trade agreement, or continue as we are trading with the commonwealth etc., who are 1,000's miles away.

No Maastricht treaty, no common currency, no Lisbon treaty no EU Parliament or politicians. I could go on and on about what happened after we joined, which at the   time of the vote was not suggested; it was just a trading union. I like many voted to join "No brainer". Then the goalposts widened and heightened and guess what we never got to vote on that.

Red blue and yellow politicians all conned us. It was a democratic vote but the subject matter was well and truly hidden until decades later. I voted to leave but again what I voted for has not happened.

The choice was "do you want to stay or leave". I do not recall being asked to vote on any deal! It was leave with no conditions attached. Again the Westminster machine changed what we voted for. The elite has conned us once more in the name of democracy.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 545
Maringer
January 7, 2021, 12:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,143
Gold Stars: 180
Personally, I really enjoyed spending 30 minutes today filling in the customs declarations for the orders we sent to EU customers. Heaven only knows what I'd have done with the extra 25 minutes of time if we'd remained in the EU! Nothing productive, I'm sure.

From April, I'll similarly appreciate filling in customs declarations when sending orders to customers in Northern Ireland (part of our own country at present, don't forget). More time spent during which I don't need to worry about being productive. At busy times of the year, I'm looking forward to working additional time in the evenings, filling in the customs declarations. Who needs free time, eh?

Still waiting to see if the coming devaluation of the pound will affect our business with our many EU customers in a positive manner. The devaluation after the Brexit vote certainly didn't seem to. Sales were impacted despite the fact that our goods became cheaper for customers, probably due to the negative sentiment. It doesn't help that we also sell a fair amount of stuff from EU countries which is going to become more expensive for us as well.

But, hey, "Sovereignty!", "Fish!", "Up Yours, Delors" etc etc.

It will be interesting to see which (if any) of the benefits promoted by those running the various 'Leave' campaigns actually come to fruition...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 545
Chrisblor
January 7, 2021, 1:37pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Yeah I'd just like to echo the above - since returning to work this week I've had to spend far too much time paying attention to customs requirements and discovering things like DHL planning to charge us an extra £4.50 Brexit induced customs surcharge every time we want to send something to Europe. Can someone who is pro Brexit please explain to me how these needless additional costs we have to now incur are meant to be good for UK based businesses? Thanks!

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 545
KingstonMariner
January 7, 2021, 1:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod

Heroic in the sense we were told there would be mass job losses and an immediate recession in the event of a leave win. Heroic in the sense we ignored the threats from the bankers, the globalists, the elites, the media even our own government and their propaganda leaflets everything and the kitchen sink was thrown at us.

What a proud day, a day I will never forget when 17,410,741 of my fellow heroic Countrymen finally stood up to the elites and said... NO we are leaving your corrupt union and we are taking our country back 🇬🇧

So what you mean then is “not heroic”.

It’s not frigging World War II. It isn’t even heroic in the sense that the Charge of the Light Brigade was heroic.  Nothing heroic about ignoring people who know what they’re talking about.

Taking our country back! You’re 70 years too late for that (Suez for example). We found out that exactly how independent we are when Joe Biden phoned Boris to tell him not to have a customs border between NI and the Irish Republic.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 545
grimsby pete
January 7, 2021, 2:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Maringer
Personally, I really enjoyed spending 30 minutes today filling in the customs declarations for the orders we sent to EU customers. Heaven only knows what I'd have done with the extra 25 minutes of time if we'd remained in the EU! Nothing productive, I'm sure.

From April, I'll similarly appreciate filling in customs declarations when sending orders to customers in Northern Ireland (part of our own country at present, don't forget). More time spent during which I don't need to worry about being productive. At busy times of the year, I'm looking forward to working additional time in the evenings, filling in the customs declarations. Who needs free time, eh?

Still waiting to see if the coming devaluation of the pound will affect our business with our many EU customers in a positive manner. The devaluation after the Brexit vote certainly didn't seem to. Sales were impacted despite the fact that our goods became cheaper for customers, probably due to the negative sentiment. It doesn't help that we also sell a fair amount of stuff from EU countries which is going to become more expensive for us as well.

But, hey, "Sovereignty!", "Fish!", "Up Yours, Delors" etc etc.

It will be interesting to see which (if any) of the benefits promoted by those running the various 'Leave' campaigns actually come to fruition...

You was one of the most vocal on here who said we would not get a deal.

So instead of moaning you have got more work to do think of this.
Be thankful you have a job and if you spend less time on here you will manage your extra work easily .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 545
ska face
January 7, 2021, 2:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,372
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from grimsby pete

You was one of the most vocal on here who said we would not get a deal.

So instead of moaning you have got more work to do think of this.
Be thankful you have a job and if you spend less time on here you will manage your extra work easily .

If that doesn’t sum up the Brexit mentality I’m not sure what does. A pensioner who’s enjoyed all the benefits of EU membership for the last 40 years telling someone they’re lucky to have a job (for how much longer is anyone’s guess) after voting to make that job less productive and the company less competitive.

We are truly blessed to have such caring generations come before us.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 545
grimsby pete
January 7, 2021, 2:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Sorry if I come across a bit grumpy but there are a few on here who are saying how bad it's is already and will only get worse.

Guys we are in the middle of a pandemic half the country have not been to work half the year yet we are still here.

You do not know and neither do I If we will make a success of this.

But

One thing for sure we not know for a year a so when things have returned to some normality whether we are better off out of we should have stayed in.
I will not comment on the subject until then when I will say I told you we would be alright.
The same as I told you we would get a deal and we did  
So on this subject it's Pexit for now.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 545
DB
January 7, 2021, 2:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
When I was a lad we exported and exporters filled in forms by hand using ink. No computers, no laptops, no tablets or mobile phones to record data on and low and behold the system worked. The country sold goods abroad, no problem. Now we have technology to replace all this form filling by ink. Click a button and names address's etc. are instantly  filled in; however the positive is a person doing this does have a job; and more could be employed to assist the clicking of buttons!

You may also like to bare in mind the more important issue of our health, life or death. Thanks to Brexit we started the vaccination program before our ex EU members. So as far as I am concerned fill in the forms and keep me alive.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 545
ska face
January 7, 2021, 3:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,372
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from DB
When I was a lad we exported and exporters filled in forms by hand using ink. No computers, no laptops, no tablets or mobile phones to record data on and low and behold the system worked. The country sold goods abroad, no problem. Now we have technology to replace all this form filling by ink. Click a button and names address's etc. are instantly  filled in; however the positive is a person doing this does have a job; and more could be employed to assist the clicking of buttons!

You may also like to bare in mind the more important issue of our health, life or death. Thanks to Brexit we started the vaccination program before our ex EU members. So as far as I am concerned fill in the forms and keep me alive.

Just more garbage, absolutely reams of it. For a start, you’re wrong on the assertion that Brexit sped up the vaccination programme (which the Tories are fuccking up) -

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-vaccine-brexit/

Secondly, what happened when you were a lad is irrelevant. The world has moved on, you may wish to observe it for yourself at some point. You’ve just had someone tell you they spent 30 mins filling out paperwork they didn’t need to last month. If they do that everyday it’s 130 hours a year - or about 3 & a quarter weeks - they’re doing something that didn’t need doing. Over 3 weeks a year wasted when they could have been doing something more productive, putting more into the economy, growing the business etc.

The entitlement just oozes out of your post. “Fill in the forms, keep ME alive”. So screw everyone else, your businesses, you personally, your families & communities - just keep my haggard old shell rattling around for a few more years. You’ll quickly find that you are of little concern, except where the govt can squeeze every last penny out of you, and will be at the back of the queue. Maybe people will be too busy filling in forms to be bothered about keeping you alive.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 545
DB
January 7, 2021, 4:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Firstly Ska I was making a comparison not a statement.

Secondly You seem to think, from your comments, that money is the be all of everything and human life is nothing. In other words you have contempt for human life and place wealth and money before life. Given this you must have very little respect for human life which obviously must include your own!

Lastly Ska YOU will also, one day, may be a "haggard old shell rattling around" and may just want some help, help to feed yourself, help to breath, help to have as normal a life as possible having paid all your due's and demands to which ever governments wants your money. Or there is an alternative for you Euthanasia.

Grow up and respect the views of others.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 545
55 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.