Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

Brexit deal agreed

This thread currently has 24,758 views. Print
55 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
January 31, 2021, 11:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from aldi_01
Meanwhile we continue to bury our heads and point fun at the EU whilst the equivalent of £10k a day since the Bronze Age has been wasted on a track and trace system that still doesn’t work...and many billions more handed out to folk with no knowledge of PPE or anything do the sort but happen to be mates with tories...cronyism at its finest.

Well, we can solve that, if enough people agree with you, by voting them out of office can't we?
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 545
Humbercod
January 31, 2021, 2:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
So many so upset that Brexit proving to be the correct decision!
That they’re even regurgitating old news damming their own country’s handling of the pandemic, in a pathetic attempt to try and counteract the EU shame.

How embarrassing 😕
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 545
KingstonMariner
February 1, 2021, 11:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It’s great being an independent country. Well at the price of giving up a chunk of territory. Abandoning those people in NI who consider themselves to be British are a small price to pay eh?

We’ll be even more independent when the Scots leave.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 545
lew chaterleys lover
February 2, 2021, 10:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It’s great being an independent country. Well at the price of giving up a chunk of territory. Abandoning those people in NI who consider themselves to be British are a small price to pay eh?

We’ll be even more independent when the Scots leave.

You should have stopped after the first sentence!

Of course, there are always difficulties in any direction of travel; I felt aggrieved when the Maastricht and Lisbon treaties were signed giving more and more power to the EU, but you have to take things in the round.

Brexit was, after all, a democratic process and vote, and that is the only way we can decide such things.

Regarding Scotland, if they wish for their future to be outside of the UK, and if they vote in favour that is what they should have. Whether the EU will want them as another non-contributing member is hard to judge.
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 545
Sandford1981
February 2, 2021, 3:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
http://chng.it/6yP5kxyNMC

May be of interest to some.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 545
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2021, 9:36pm
Meths Drinker
I see those Europeans continue to cave in to our demands. Looks like this thing is going to work. If what you want is another nail in the coffin of the fishing industry.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-55903599

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 545
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2021, 9:38pm
Meths Drinker

You should have stopped after the first sentence!

Of course, there are always difficulties in any direction of travel; I felt aggrieved when the Maastricht and Lisbon treaties were signed giving more and more power to the EU, but you have to take things in the round.

Brexit was, after all, a democratic process and vote, and that is the only way we can decide such things.

Regarding Scotland, if they wish for their future to be outside of the UK, and if they vote in favour that is what they should have. Whether the EU will want them as another non-contributing member is hard to judge.

How many difficulties in the direction of travel does it take to make you accept the direction is taking you over a cliff?! Our country is breaking up. Own goal by British nationalists. Or was this an English nationalist revolution?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 545
DB
February 3, 2021, 2:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,970
Gold Stars: 386
Re Scottish nationalism. I believe the Scots have more spending per head than other parts of the UK. It's alright for them wanting independence but have they thought where there income is going to come from.

Renewables is the buzz word for energy so Oil is/will become dead, you can only drink so much whisky (It's good trying to help them) and what about the defence of the realm? Ship building is dead and tourism is not going to fill the coffers.

Wanting something and paying for something are two different ball games. Would the EU really want to saddle themselves with another country whose net contribution would be a deficit? I don't think so.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 545
lew chaterleys lover
February 3, 2021, 10:06am
Whiskey Drinker
The EU has gone full-on Morecambe and Wise.

According to failed German politician Ursula von der Leyen, who is quite naturally the EU Commission President, the "EU was not too slow in authorising the coronavirus vaccines, the UK had been too fast.."    
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 545
Humbercod
February 3, 2021, 11:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
And now Macron😂
I never thought I’d enjoy the EU but they’re are giving me more laughter than Friday night goggle-box at the minute. Careful as you pass Ursula von der Leyen on that humiliating climb down ladder😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 545
55 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.