55 Pages Prev ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
December 9, 2023, 11:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
I see no brexiteers have stuck their heads above the parapet and answered my question about regrets in leaving, despite the feeling among the populace now swinging back to wanting closer ties with the EU.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news.....9de74a46b4&ei=13
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 540 - 545
DB
December 9, 2023, 12:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 387
The vote in 2016 was just over 51% in favour of leaving. It was suggested that many "elderly" were in favour of leaving which swung the vote that way.

Unfortunately, some of the elderly proportion who voted to stay have died over the last 7 years, which will result in a swing to rejoin the EU; given that some of the elderly population now were younger at the time of the vote and assume that their vote will not change. Also, the new young voters will probably vote to join as they know no different.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 541 - 545
chaos33
December 9, 2023, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Astonishingly, I’m still waiting for 1 Brexiteer to show me 1 Brexit benefit.
They can’t, because there aren’t any. Fact.

Remember- the half a dozen or so prominent Brexiteers all had and sold a different and personalised version of Brexit - Johnson, Farage, Hannan, Davis, Rees-Mogg, Duncan-Smith, Gove….and all the rest of the big mouths and client journalists…….Pritti Patel declaring with triumphant glory that “this is the end of  ‘freedom of movement”, without reminding you it was the end to your freedom of movement too. Immigration has absolutely rocketed, with chronic labour shortages………. all these stupid fevered egos, with their own perception and calibration of Brexit. Parliament is sovereign….always has been, still is. The EU never had the power to ‘impose’ a single law on us. Some sold you leave but stay in the single market and customs union, They sold Norway style, Swiss style, hard Brexit, leave means leave, easy trade deals, more money for the NHS, control of our borders….all the rest of it. All palpable b0llocks. Compassion for decent, hard working, caring Brits who wanted change and something better and were duped, but anyone who understands data and economics was right, and anyone still clinging on to some idiotic perception that it has been anything other than an act of calamitous and boneheaded self harm is, frankly, an absolute f***ing idiot.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 542 - 545
Sandford1981
December 9, 2023, 2:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from ginnywings
I see no brexiteers have stuck their heads above the parapet and answered my question about regrets in leaving, despite the feeling among the populace now swinging back to wanting closer ties with the EU.

I have done on multiple occasions. I deeply regret voting to leave. I was a naive flipping idiot!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 543 - 545
Manchester Mariner
December 9, 2023, 3:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from ginnywings

A Brexit voter, yesterday:

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 544 - 545
Humbercod
December 9, 2023, 8:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ginnywings

The Guardian ffs🤯
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 545 - 545
55 Pages Prev ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Brexit deal agreed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.