Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 319 Guests

Jolley has to go, and go now.

This thread currently has 21,704 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 28, 2019, 10:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Croxton

Contrast with Neil Warnock's open admission that he played it wrong yesterday and said he only had praise for his players. All we got from MJ was 'players not doing their jobs'. Do Limbrick and Moore get a say in the debrief? Was it necessary to say that the team next season will be very different to the one that finishes this one? Rather mealy mouthed about the Wright/ Boston saga too.

It is only a feeling, I have no proof, but I sense the manager has more than a few off-field issues on his mind.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 155
ROKERITE
April 28, 2019, 10:53am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5

It is only a feeling, I have no proof, but I sense the manager has more than a few off-field issues on his mind.

Is that feeling based on anything? Are there rumours going around the Grimsby area that, being up on Wearside, I'm unaware of?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 155
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 28, 2019, 11:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ROKERITE

Is that feeling based on anything? Are there rumours going around the Grimsby area that, being up on Wearside, I'm unaware of?

No not really. I don't have contacts at the club. It is just his body language and the way his approach to interviews has changed over the past few weeks. There isn't the same openness and affability that we saw even under pressure last year.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 155
MuddyWaters
April 28, 2019, 11:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin

I have never cried 'give youth a chance', in fact with the exception perhaps of Clifton I don't think any of our youth are ready or good enough.

As far as Rose is concerned posters on here constantly refer to his speed. Sadly if that's all he's got he isn't going to be our star striker or even our star strikers partner.

We've invested a lot in him, waited for his clearance but I'm afraid he just hasn't got it and is massively over-rated

As far as Clifton is concerned 'performs well in moderate company' could well be applied to his performances this year. Next season will hopefully tell.

Worth noting that Harry Clifton has been playing with an injury for around 6 weeks.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 155
arryarryarry
April 28, 2019, 11:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116

No not really. I don't have contacts at the club. It is just his body language and the way his approach to interviews has changed over the past few weeks. There isn't the same openness and affability that we saw even under pressure last year.

My understanding from my contact is that there were several players involved in the Thomas affair at least one backed up MJ.

I was also informed he is not very well liked by some of the admin staff.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 155
April 28, 2019, 11:50am
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Worth noting that Harry Clifton has been playing with an injury for around 6 weeks.

Also worth noting rose is playing through an injury, he was clearly in a bit of pain last Monday, grimacing and feeling his leg etc , hence why he hasn't opened up the taps more. Anyone that has watched him play pre injury will know that he is indeed very fast, you could put the fastest player in the world in this team but unless you play the right Football you won't reap the rewards. Lumping aerial balls up to rose isn't how he should be played!
Reply: 85 - 155
promotion plaice
April 28, 2019, 11:50am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from arryarryarry

My understanding from my contact is that there were several players involved in the Thomas affair at least one backed up MJ.

I was also informed he is not very well liked by some of the admin staff.

It's Cloughy at Leeds all over again  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 155
jonnyboy82
April 28, 2019, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Fraud maybe a bit harsh but I'm struggling to see the progression under his non existent attacking football.

Serious questions to be had but being a a manager under this board must be like having herpes.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 155
mariner91
April 28, 2019, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,626
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
If budget guaranteed league position then County would be near the top so I dont get some of the comments, MJ has had a budget good enough to be competitive but you do have to question some of the signings and decisions this season,
Letting our two most creative wide players leave at Xmas, signing Welsh who reportedly was one of the highest wage earners and not playing him, extending Vernam and Cardwells contracts for another season when neither have shown anything near good enough this season to warrant being in a L2 side.
MJ is obsessed with playing a system that requires wing backs and pace and we lack both with this team, Today was a fine example of his lack of experience, Chopping and changing formation with no clear plan of how to break county down, How Woolford gets in the team in beyond me and playing Rose up front on his own then hoofing the ball over his head all the time just does not work.
Lastly do we ever practice corners or set pieces because for weeks we either hit them a foot off the floor or so deep they go straight out of play, County today looked worlds apart from us a set pieces which really does worry me.
One positive today was Max coming on near the end and showing why he was so highly thought of at Boston.

I do fear a bit what MJ will do next season with what ever budget he is given based on some of the signings he has made this season.

This is the bit that concerns me. He spent all pre-season trying to set us up for a formation that he didn't sign the right players to play. So either he doesn't fully recognise what's needed in the team for the formation to work or he's not pragmatic enough to play to the strengths of his squad. Both of these attributes are worrying.

I'm not calling for him to go as who else would come in? But he's got a lot to prove.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 155
golfer
April 28, 2019, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115

Could be on his final warning. May have been told that he had to improve on Bignot and Slade, so I presume he is a very worried man. Maybe already "laser lediga kolumner"in Sweden.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 155
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.