Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 280 Guests

Jolley has to go, and go now.

This thread currently has 21,712 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
April 27, 2019, 6:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from The Boys Paddock

plenty, what part of appalling man management by Jolley do you not understand?

Erm I never made any comment on how he has been managed in fact on what I have seen this season I don't rate Jolley as a manager and based on today's pile of crap it wouldn't bother me if he left.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 155
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
April 27, 2019, 6:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,694
Gold Stars: 72
I believe in him, I think his biggest mistake this season was mid-season when we were in good form and he thought he could take advantage of that by switching to the style of play that he wanted to, with our transfer business being in that mindset and not signing anyone for an alternative style should that fail and leaving us overeliant on Embleton and Thomas for creativity and goals.

Its only something I can comment on in hignsight though, he could've pulled it off and I remember a few games where we looked like we might take to it and do well. We also don't know who he tried to sign and didn't get.

It could only take 2 or 3 signings to unlock the potential in the team its just whether we find them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 155
Bristol Mariner
April 27, 2019, 6:19pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
A fraud, a total fraud.

You Twit

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 155
Bristol Mariner
April 27, 2019, 6:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79

we didnt have a budget last year, Slade was sacked, why is this clown being given the benefit of the doubt?  

How are you Russell?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 155
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 27, 2019, 6:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
There are two sides to this.

Today ought not to be taken as typical for the simple reason the team on the park was picked partly because of absentees and partly to let the kids show what they can and cannot do in the real world of L2. It would be unreasonable to judge a team, players or manager in that situation especially when the other side were desperate for points.

On the other hand if you look at the season as a whole the manager has not impressed where it matters, on the playing side. People excuse him as being inexperienced but then say he is bright. Someone with his qualifications and intelligence should not take a full season to produce what looks something like he promised - pressing, urgent football aimed at creating chances. 40 odd games he has had to do that and let’s be honest if his name was Slade he would only have got 20 the way his side has played.

Yes, there have been several minutes of good football as some posters have said, involving some of the newer signings, is it really enough?

But it is all academic, Jolley will not be sacked. He will be allowed to sign players and start again in August. Unless things continue to go pear shaped for the first 10 games, he will be secure again until Christmas at the soonest.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 155
HertsGTFC
April 27, 2019, 6:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Jolley does seem to over complicate and think things but I reckon he’s like most managers in the bottom half of L2 knows what he has to do to improve things but is held back by the resources and players he has to work with.

I’m sure he’ll be the first to admit that this season has been a massive learning curve for him on and off the pitch one that at times he’s not dealt to well.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 155
lew chaterleys lover
April 27, 2019, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
...because he has also had us playing some of the best football we've played for ages at times. He also made a lot more decent signings than previous managers (Hess, Hendrie, Davis, Ohman, Embleton, Vernham and Thomas). Yes, he's made mistakes but it is his first full year as a manager, he's a bright guy imho and will have learnt a lot through the season.

I don't think that is right at all.

All of our better football is in areas that doesn't harm the opposition.

Players come and go, and on paper some are reasonable signings but no more than that.

Old matches come up on my You Tube feed all the time, and some of the players in there (in the league and the Conference) are a lot better than the current crop. If we could keep 11 that have passed through our hands in the last 10 years we would have a League 1 team at least.

A lot of this is not Jolley's fault, but the team he has assembled does not remotely look like the sort of team he promised. A huge re think is needed and most importantly of course a new boardroom of people who can get things done.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 155
Ipswin
April 27, 2019, 6:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I don't know about Wright and the other youngsters but if we have to rely on Rose (or even if he is just part of a striker partnership next season) then God help us

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 155
Heisenberg
April 27, 2019, 6:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,048
Gold Stars: 93
He needs backing by us, the fans, and the club financially. I personally have faith. The spine is there. We need a creative midfielder (or two) and at least one striker. Maybe more, but we’ll improve next season.

Release Woolford and Collins, re-sign Whitmore and Davis.

Improvement absolutely demanded and expected next season. Jolley deserves a bigger budget, though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 155
moosey_club
April 27, 2019, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Jolley does seem to over complicate and think things but I reckon he’s like most managers in the bottom half of L2 knows what he has to do to improve things but is held back by the resources and players he has to work with.

I’m sure he’ll be the first to admit that this season has been a massive learning curve for him on and off the pitch one that at times he’s not dealt to well.

Then he has to adapt what he wants to do....Notts County looked shite today in general play....for all the budget and profile players they have they still look like a Sam Allardyce/ Kev Nolan style side that plays for free kicks and corners...and then deliver those into dangerous areas...score a goal and then just disrupt play at every opportunity.....its awful to watch but their players knew what to do.....with our 2/3 different formations and systems today we didnt look like we knew what we were doing and resulted to lumping it up to a small inexperienced striker.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 155
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.