Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 354 Guests

Jolley has to go, and go now.

This thread currently has 21,708 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
April 27, 2019, 10:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
2-1 wasn't it?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 155
davmariner
April 27, 2019, 10:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
I don’t understand the people saying he should be given 8-10 games next season. Why would we give him the whole budget to spend in the summer to bring his players in and then get rid after 10 games? Surely if we’re going to get rid it has to be now. Or we give him until at least jan.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 155
chaos33
April 27, 2019, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
There's no way he's going to be sacked. People need to get real. Let's just see who signs in the summer and go from there. It's alright talking about giving him 8-10 games next season, but every single manager would be under pressure if they had a bad run in that spell of games so  crack on I say...
Clear lessons from this season and a crying need for a better budget.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 155
Mrs Doyle
April 27, 2019, 11:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Please enlighten me where this new mesiah is coming from who can storm the league next season???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 155
promotion plaice
April 27, 2019, 11:22pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Mr Fenty admitted this seasons budget for players wasn't big enough......let's see if he is true to his word and backs Jolley a bit more in the summer.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 155
chicaneuk
April 28, 2019, 12:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
People fantasising about ousting Jolley have lost the plot, frankly. Yes, our form in the last few months has been frustrating and worrying.

But we took a gamble on a relatively young, inexperienced manager. It's clear that he's doing a lot of his learning in this job and that he's still rough around the edges.

But in Jolley we have, firstly, a clearly intelligent guy. Clearly a decent guy. He's taken a strong interest in local affairs. He is keen to promote youth into the club in a way that no manager has done years. Has tried to introduce some stability into the team with longer contract terms.

This season we've had some fantastic games.. the way we played at Palace will be forever etched into my mind, for example. The most passionate game of football I've seen town play in years. So clearly he's able to motivate the players, and put together a competitive team.. I think he's been the circumstance however of some bad luck, and some bad decisions. But he has to be given time to learn and improve. I'm more than happy for him to have next season and, if by Christmas we're in trouble, then we need to re-evaluate. But for me, at this point, sacking him would be an unfathomable and short sighted decision.

We were pretty terrible today though.. apart from a good spell at the start and of course the goal towards the end, we looked clueless. And as I say, I won't dispute these kinds of performances are rather concerning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 155
Northbank Mariner
April 28, 2019, 6:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from arryarryarry

You must have had a different view from where I was sat.

All I saw was a team that lost 2-1 to the poorest team in the league, could have been more.

Dreadful defending, a midfield that cannot create chances, not one player that can take a decent free kick or corner and no forwards that looks like they would get more than a couple of goals in a whole season and hoof ball tactics.

So, you didn't see Max Wright, Burrell, Grayson's curler go just over, Whitmore hardly putting a foot wrong, RHJ winning just about every header, Hess and Clifton battling,...
I know we weren't our best yesterday and Jolley got the contract extension of Cardwell completely wrong but there was enough to say that 2-3 players ie, striker, creative midfielder( in the Embleton mould) and, inmho, a keeper who can distribute the ball better or at the very least push Macca for the shirt...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 155
1mickylyons
April 28, 2019, 6:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Jolley does seem to over complicate and think things but I reckon he’s like most managers in the bottom half of L2 knows what he has to do to improve things but is held back by the resources and players he has to work with.

I’m sure he’ll be the first to admit that this season has been a massive learning curve for him on and off the pitch one that at times he’s not dealt to well.

I wonder if he sees the Season being a disapointment though like I do? Since we reagined league status I have felt league 2 has been very poor barring the odd decent side and any half capable side could achieve the play offs . Our first Season we had a squeak of a chance despite numerous changes etc and Bignot decided it wasnt for him and boosh the wheels came off a bit. This league is very poor and I dont see anything coming up or down that will change it and sadly I dont see Town getting any nearer to the Play Offs at this time under MJ . These losing streaks worry me also I would think if you lose 3 straight games most Manager`s would change something to ensure they avoid defeat and this lack of experience we have put it down to has now gone. The blokes had a full season after performing a miracle last he talks a good game so lets see him deliver.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 155
1mickylyons
April 28, 2019, 7:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Mr Fenty admitted this seasons budget for players wasn't big enough......let's see if he is true to his word and backs Jolley a bit more in the summer.

Why do I visualize JF with his hand down the sofa rooting about for a 50p piece?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 155
1mickylyons
April 28, 2019, 7:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

So, you didn't see Max Wright, Burrell, Grayson's curler go just over, Whitmore hardly putting a foot wrong, RHJ winning just about every header, Hess and Clifton battling,...
I know we weren't our best yesterday and Jolley got the contract extension of Cardwell completely wrong but there was enough to say that 2-3 players ie, striker, creative midfielder( in the Embleton mould) and, inmho, a keeper who can distribute the ball better or at the very least push Macca for the shirt...

Sounds great however our defence conceded 2 goals to a team so wretched it hasn`t got out the bottom two for Months and it took us over 90 mins to get a consolation goal.Not good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 155
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.