Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 310 Guests

Jolley has to go, and go now.

This thread currently has 21,707 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
April 27, 2019, 9:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Why not look at the common denominator Fenty and the board. Lack of investment is stagnated this club for years. What decent manager will come here knowing that? At least the youth are getting a look in unlike the other jokers in charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 155
arryarryarry
April 27, 2019, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Has just taken Norwich up to the premier league, under pressure at the end of last season, sold his best players, brought in freebies and outcasts, he had zero experience of the championship and the board stuck by him and allowed him time to get it sorted... does it ring any bells?!

We stuck by Woods and where did that get us?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 155
Northbank Mariner
April 27, 2019, 10:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from arryarryarry

We stuck by Woods and where did that get us?

He took on a poisoned Challis at the time...we we're in a downward spiral that no one could stop... we'd tried sir Alan and he failed...all I'm saying is at the moment we are relatively stable, maybe this season MJ has learned not just how this league works but more importantly, how GTFC work.. I saw enough today to think we'll be okay next season ..as long as he f@cks Woolford off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 155
sydney
April 27, 2019, 10:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Have to give him 10 games next season but if there isn’t a big improvement in playing style and he is still trying to talk his way out of things in the post matches then time to bring to change
What about that fella who was sacked at Scunny as Manager when they was in the play offs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 155
sydney
April 27, 2019, 10:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Graham Alexander
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 155
Mariner_09
April 27, 2019, 10:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
What Jolley needs is proper backing and based on what JF said at the Trust Q&A is that he’ll be trusting Jolley with a bigger budget and I hope he keeps his word. 10-12 games into next season is when we can really judge Jolley as he will have a squad fully assembled by him and had 18 months to have tried to instill his methods, tactics and motivation on this squad. If we show some improvement (meaning top 10 or thereabouts) then I think we can say there’s reason to continue to back him. There’s still a huge amount of rubbish in that squad. For me, Macca, Hendrie, RHJ, Ohman, Hess, Vernam and arguably Clifton, Davis and Cook (as sporadic squad players) are good enough but the midfield desperately needs more creativity and physicality, the defence needs more athleticism and composure on the ball, the left wing back needs more of everything (pace, energy, defensive awareness and delivery) and most important the strikers need to be able to score more goals and offer an outlet better! We may have more players contracted for next season but some still aren’t good enough. I still believe Jolley has the capacity to sign some gems that nobody’s ever heard of but if we’re still messing around in 17th and below I’d happily hold my hands up and say he just isn’t cut out for it. It’s a big summer for everyone!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 155
sam gy
April 27, 2019, 10:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Ipswin
I don't know about Wright and the other youngsters but if we have to rely on Rose (or even if he is just part of a striker partnership next season) then God help us

Ah, here we go.....

“Give the youth a chance” they cry.

Fast forward a few games and it appears that, shock horror, the youth won’t set the world alright instantly.

“The youth aren’t good enough.”

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 155
psgmariner
April 27, 2019, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
If Jolley hadn’t kept us up last season and this was his first season at Grimsby then he would be gone by now. His great escape has kept him in a job.

Statistically he has been terrible and his signings have been more miss than hit. Welsh being the obvious mistake but the imbalanced squad and persisting with a system that doesn’t work are a a huge concern for me.

I think he has lots to learn as a manager and is far from the messiah but would give him next season. We are not going to attract a better manager in our current state so should stick with him and pray he keeps us up again.

Private Message
Reply: 57 - 155
davmariner
April 27, 2019, 10:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
If budget guaranteed league position then County would be near the top so I dont get some of the comments, MJ has had a budget good enough to be competitive but you do have to question some of the signings and decisions this season,
Letting our two most creative wide players leave at Xmas, signing Welsh who reportedly was one of the highest wage earners and not playing him, extending Vernam and Cardwells contracts for another season when neither have shown anything near good enough this season to warrant being in a L2 side.
MJ is obsessed with playing a system that requires wing backs and pace and we lack both with this team, Today was a fine example of his lack of experience, Chopping and changing formation with no clear plan of how to break county down, How Woolford gets in the team in beyond me and playing Rose up front on his own then hoofing the ball over his head all the time just does not work.
Lastly do we ever practice corners or set pieces because for weeks we either hit them a foot off the floor or so deep they go straight out of play, County today looked worlds apart from us a set pieces which really does worry me.
One positive today was Max coming on near the end and showing why he was so highly thought of at Boston.

I do fear a bit what MJ will do next season with what ever budget he is given based on some of the signings he has made this season.

Sums up my worries.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 155
arryarryarry
April 27, 2019, 10:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

He took on a poisoned Challis at the time...we we're in a downward spiral that no one could stop... we'd tried sir Alan and he failed...all I'm saying is at the moment we are relatively stable, maybe this season MJ has learned not just how this league works but more importantly, how GTFC work.. I saw enough today to think we'll be okay next season ..as long as he f@cks Woolford off

You must have had a different view from where I was sat.

All I saw was a team that lost 2-1 to the poorest team in the league, could have been more.

Dreadful defending, a midfield that cannot create chances, not one player that can take a decent free kick or corner and no forwards that looks like they would get more than a couple of goals in a whole season and hoof ball tactics.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 155
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.