Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 227 Guests

Jolley has to go, and go now.

This thread currently has 21,713 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
April 27, 2019, 9:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
We had the bare bones of a squad for today's game, with no experience whatsoever up top. I'm not going to judge Jolley on today's performance or result.

I think there are (quite rightly) question marks over his performance as manager throughout the season. I don't think he should go because I'm still unsure how that'll change the bigger picture. What we need is a miracle worker because the next manager will only face the same issues - a weak budget while reporting to a board with no vision and no succession planning.

You can ask why Jolley did business in such a way that it left us with the depleted squad we have today. You can ask whether he is tactically astute enough to succeed in this game. I don't blame fans for questioning his abilities.

But please can we be mindful that we've been here before. One failed manager leaves, another sorts out his mess and then gets the heave-ho for the next in line to sort out. Rinse and repeat.

It's this that's getting boring - never mind our recent brand of football - and there comes a point where you just have to say 'no, let's stick this time' because to keep twisting out of blind hope is no way to run a football club.

There is literally no other manager out there right now who will realistically come to Grimsby Town and guarantee improvement. Frankly, I'm getting tired of reading the same topics, the same rants, the same discussions that all eventually lead to you-know-who's stranglehold on the club, and until that changes our fortunes will remain the same.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 40 - 155
Rob_in_Grimsby
April 27, 2019, 9:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
If budget guaranteed league position then County would be near the top so I dont get some of the comments, MJ has had a budget good enough to be competitive but you do have to question some of the signings and decisions this season,
Letting our two most creative wide players leave at Xmas, signing Welsh who reportedly was one of the highest wage earners and not playing him, extending Vernam and Cardwells contracts for another season when neither have shown anything near good enough this season to warrant being in a L2 side.
MJ is obsessed with playing a system that requires wing backs and pace and we lack both with this team, Today was a fine example of his lack of experience, Chopping and changing formation with no clear plan of how to break county down, How Woolford gets in the team in beyond me and playing Rose up front on his own then hoofing the ball over his head all the time just does not work.
Lastly do we ever practice corners or set pieces because for weeks we either hit them a foot off the floor or so deep they go straight out of play, County today looked worlds apart from us a set pieces which really does worry me.
One positive today was Max coming on near the end and showing why he was so highly thought of at Boston.

I do fear a bit what MJ will do next season with what ever budget he is given based on some of the signings he has made this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 155
HertsGTFC
April 27, 2019, 9:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from moosey_club

Then he has to adapt what he wants to do....Notts County looked shite today in general play....for all the budget and profile players they have they still look like a Sam Allardyce/ Kev Nolan style side that plays for free kicks and corners...and then deliver those into dangerous areas...score a goal and then just disrupt play at every opportunity.....its awful to watch but their players knew what to do.....with our 2/3 different formations and systems today we didnt look like we knew what we were doing and resulted to lumping it up to a small inexperienced striker.

Like I say over thinking it rather than getting the ball and numbers Forward quickly

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 155
arryarryarry
April 27, 2019, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
If budget guaranteed league position then County would be near the top so I dont get some of the comments, MJ has had a budget good enough to be competitive but you do have to question some of the signings and decisions this season,
Letting our two most creative wide players leave at Xmas, signing Welsh who reportedly was one of the highest wage earners and not playing him, extending Vernam and Cardwells contracts for another season when neither have shown anything near good enough this season to warrant being in a L2 side.
MJ is obsessed with playing a system that requires wing backs and pace and we lack both with this team, Today was a fine example of his lack of experience, Chopping and changing formation with no clear plan of how to break county down, How Woolford gets in the team in beyond me and playing Rose up front on his own then hoofing the ball over his head all the time just does not work.
Lastly do we ever practice corners or set pieces because for weeks we either hit them a foot off the floor or so deep they go straight out of play, County today looked worlds apart from us a set pieces which really does worry me.
One positive today was Max coming on near the end and showing why he was so highly thought of at Boston.

I do fear a bit what MJ will do next season with what ever budget he is given based on some of the signings he has made this season.

I agree.

One win in 12 is it? That must be relegation form, if after 10 games next season with his new players and we are in the same form then he surely has to go.

We can not have another Woods situation.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 155
Mrs Doyle
April 27, 2019, 9:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from The Boys Paddock
A fraud, a total fraud.

FFS Have a day off pal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 155
Northbank Mariner
April 27, 2019, 9:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
I'll mention one name in all this .. Daniel farke!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 155
HertsGTFC
April 27, 2019, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 155
SomeSanity
April 27, 2019, 9:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
For me MJ has done a good job with a meagre budget.

It has been a big learning curve for him, his first full season of first team management. At times he has got us playing some good football and other times bloody awful.

Where I think he has been naive is the formation. FGR opening game of the season we lined up exactly as England did in the WC and we all saw it didn’t work. He changed and we played relatively well, and we went back to it and for the second time .... it didn’t work .. what we didn’t have was a plan B. No wingers in the squad which is proven to work in L2..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 155
FishOutOfWater
April 27, 2019, 9:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

What about him?

Do you have him in mind to replace Jolley when the witch-hunt forces him out of Town?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 155
Northbank Mariner
April 27, 2019, 9:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from HertsGTFC

?

Has just taken Norwich up to the premier league, under pressure at the end of last season, sold his best players, brought in freebies and outcasts, he had zero experience of the championship and the board stuck by him and allowed him time to get it sorted... does it ring any bells?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 155
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.