Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 132 Guests

Jolley has to go, and go now.

This thread currently has 21,590 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
April 28, 2019, 7:05am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
When was the last time sacking a manager had a positive effect? MJ is doing better than his predecessor although the last few months doesn't feel like it.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 70 - 155
1mickylyons
April 28, 2019, 7:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from GrimRob
When was the last time sacking a manager had a positive effect? MJ is doing better than his predecessor although the last few months doesn't feel like it.

I still think he`s worth a shout personally but he needs to hit the ground running a bad start and the knives will be out Rob.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 155
Northbank Mariner
April 28, 2019, 7:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Sounds great however our defence conceded 2 goals to a team so wretched it hasn`t got out the bottom two for Months and it took us over 90 mins to get a consolation goal.Not good enough.

In all fairness their first goal was more luck than bad defending, it flicked off , I think Davis's leg, and fell to a striker who is far better than league 2.. the second was calamitous I'll give you that..but given we did miss Ohman in the centre of that defence who no doubt would have got his head on that....
Still maintain Jolley needs some guidance, he has the brains but seems to be somewhat unable to see his own mistakes...poor substitutions and a lack of a workable plan B...
I would say 75% of this squad are good league 2 players and 25% are conference level at best and if MJ can't get a tune out of them, then he has to admit to himself that for all his badges and ambition he just hasn't got what it takes to be a football league manager and maybe go back to coaching the young guns...
What I will not accept is that he never, ever admits to getting it wrong..even yesterday in his post match interview he laid the blame at the players feet...but who bought/signed them,set them up and sent them out on to the pitch?..yes, MJ... he's got it wrong more times than he's got it right and needs to hold his hands up and admit it...a good tradesman never blames his tools,...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 155
1mickylyons
April 28, 2019, 8:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

In all fairness their first goal was more luck than bad defending, it flicked off , I think Davis's leg, and fell to a striker who is far better than league 2.. the second was calamitous I'll give you that..but given we did miss Ohman in the centre of that defence who no doubt would have got his head on that....
Still maintain Jolley needs some guidance, he has the brains but seems to be somewhat unable to see his own mistakes...poor substitutions and a lack of a workable plan B...
I would say 75% of this squad are good league 2 players and 25% are conference level at best and if MJ can't get a tune out of them, then he has to admit to himself that for all his badges and ambition he just hasn't got what it takes to be a football league manager and maybe go back to coaching the young guns...
What I will not accept is that he never, ever admits to getting it wrong..even yesterday in his post match interview he laid the blame at the players feet...but who bought/signed them,set them up and sent them out on to the pitch?..yes, MJ... he's got it wrong more times than he's got it right and needs to hold his hands up and admit it...a good tradesman never blames his tools,...

The last 3-4 games though have been free hits for Town they knew they had 1200 fans at yesterdays game we not be bold and adventurous. They had done the hard part keeping it to 0-0 after 20 mins and flattening the crowd we should have been at their throats and took them on in an end to end game.The football is boring and predictable and when you put the results on top of that it`s all very disheartening I watch for new signings hoping for a miracle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 155
Northbank Mariner
April 28, 2019, 8:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The last 3-4 games though have been free hits for Town they knew they had 1200 fans at yesterdays game we not be bold and adventurous. They had done the hard part keeping it to 0-0 after 20 mins and flattening the crowd we should have been at their throats and took them on in an end to end game.The football is boring and predictable and when you put the results on top of that it`s all very disheartening I watch for new signings hoping for a miracle.

Absolutely I agree with you and the fault has to lay at Jolleys door...if he doesn't change his approach, which I doubt he will, I honestly believe a more attacking minded manager could get thus squad firing.
All I am saying is the majority of our squad are not bad players, to me, they are just badly played..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 155
1mickylyons
April 28, 2019, 8:44am
Special Brew Drinker

Absolutely I agree with you and the fault has to lay at Jolleys door...if he doesn't change his approach, which I doubt he will, I honestly believe a more attacking minded manager could get thus squad firing.
All I am saying is the majority of our squad are not bad players, to me, they are just badly played..

I agree I think we have some good players and mostly young but they are not being played to their strengths at present.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 155
Ipswin
April 28, 2019, 8:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from sam gy

Ah, here we go.....

“Give the youth a chance” they cry.

Fast forward a few games and it appears that, shock horror, the youth won’t set the world alright instantly.

“The youth aren’t good enough.”

I have never cried 'give youth a chance', in fact with the exception perhaps of Clifton I don't think any of our youth are ready or good enough.

As far as Rose is concerned posters on here constantly refer to his speed. Sadly if that's all he's got he isn't going to be our star striker or even our star strikers partner.

We've invested a lot in him, waited for his clearance but I'm afraid he just hasn't got it and is massively over-rated

As far as Clifton is concerned 'performs well in moderate company' could well be applied to his performances this year. Next season will hopefully tell.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 155
Ipswin
April 28, 2019, 8:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

I do fear a bit what MJ will do next season with what ever budget he is given based on some of the signings he has made this season.

Which is a good reason (in Fenty's mind) not to give him a lot of money. Would you risk a larger budget on Jolley? If he blows it all and felicitations it up there won't be anything left for the new man in January

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 155
Hagrid
April 28, 2019, 9:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from Ipswin

I have never cried 'give youth a chance', in fact with the exception perhaps of Clifton I don't think any of our youth are ready or good enough.

As far as Rose is concerned posters on here constantly refer to his speed. Sadly if that's all he's got he isn't going to be our star striker or even our star strikers partner.

We've invested a lot in him, waited for his clearance but I'm afraid he just hasn't got it and is massively over-rated

As far as Clifton is concerned 'performs well in moderate company' could well be applied to his performances this year. Next season will hopefully tell.

Spot on for me Ipswin, i havent seen anything from Rose thus far, yes maybe we as fans expect too much too soon but he isnt 17 years old, he’s near enough 21, has to be showing more for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 155
Croxton
April 28, 2019, 9:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31

Contrast with Neil Warnock's open admission that he played it wrong yesterday and said he only had praise for his players. All we got from MJ was 'players not doing their jobs'. Do Limbrick and Moore get a say in the debrief? Was it necessary to say that the team next season will be very different to the one that finishes this one? Rather mealy mouthed about the Wright/ Boston saga too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 155
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.