Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 187 Guests

Jolley has to go, and go now.

This thread currently has 21,698 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
hheh2
April 30, 2019, 10:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Nutsy
I agree with everything you're saying, apart from Jolley. He has to stay, we are not a big glamorous club that will attract Chinese Investors, we need to stick with a young manager, who in their first full season ensured a pretty dire team stay up in League football. We may not go up next season but all the good PR of him can't be all hot air.

We see who we recruit and how we do next season, chopping and changing managers is not the solution.

I didnt say Jolley has to leave, it's meant to read Jilley has to go get decent players

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 155
1mickylyons
May 1, 2019, 7:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from pen penfras

On balance, I agree that he should stay, but "has to stay" is pushing it. If he got sacked, then I don't think he could have too many complaints, his list of mistakes this season is huge. And the most unforgivable one as far as I'm concerned is spending the entire pre season setting up to play a formation that he didn't sign the players capable of playing this system. Not only that, but didn't sign the players to play virtually any attacking system. Then we got to February and the 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation that had seen us go on a good run gets ditched to go back to the system that we still don't have the players to fit into it, then go on another appalling run.

If Slade had done this, he would be wanted out by everybody. We were shite under Slade but we haven't been much better this season.

The lack of game time for Vernam my biggest gripe when he was along with Embleton our most creative player?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 155
Madeleymariner
May 1, 2019, 9:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The lack of game time for Vernam
my biggest gripe when he was along with Embleton our most creative player?

Who could have been sat on the beach last Saturday he was so anonymous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 155
arryarryarry
May 2, 2019, 1:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Who could have been sat on the beach last Saturday he was so anonymous

Woolford could have been on the beach next to him but it was Vernam who was taken off????

Woolford was garbage against Colchester and cost us the game, he was dropped for the next game but brought on and again was rubbish  and was crap again last Saturday. If he starts this Saturday then Jolley can sod off.
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 155
monkeyboy
May 2, 2019, 3:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
So based on some peoples theory on here there should be another 20 managers in league 2 that should be sacked this year because there team was not succesful?
It takes time and sometimes a fair bit of it to build a winning team, the budget is not great and i do not expect it to get much better next season so what do you do? yes you promote and grow from within the youth ranks.
When taking this route it takes time for your seeds to grow and seeing as we dont have an instant fix to buy and spend then this has to be the way forwards.
Jolley clearly sees this and is promoting the youth, lets face it some of the bigger wages this season have been wasted in what have been gambles, gambles in the shape of Welsh etc that on paper should have been leading lights in this division. its also unfortunate that Whitehouse has missed the entire season and that could have changed the season as for me the midfield has been the weakest part as we just never created from there.
Im finding Ipswins comments on Akheem Rose comical and cowardly to insult a young player who has been playing with injury and a urine poor service from the midfield. The lad has played less than a handful of games, clearly has something and does have pace but if you dont get the service what can you do? Denting their confidence before they have even started is rediculous.  About time you support the player rather than ridicule him.
I have looked at some of the performances this year and we have looked dreadful but then looked at some and we have been immense, its league 2 and its full of teams that are inconsistent. Once we find that couple of players in the team that can create a little we will be up there.
We have improved on last year the points tally indicates that plus the fact that foundations are being put into place is encouraging.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 155
rancido
May 2, 2019, 3:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,530
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from monkeyboy
So based on some peoples theory on here there should be another 20 managers in league 2 that should be sacked this year because there team was not succesful?
It takes time and sometimes a fair bit of it to build a winning team, the budget is not great and i do not expect it to get much better next season so what do you do? yes you promote and grow from within the youth ranks.
When taking this route it takes time for your seeds to grow and seeing as we dont have an instant fix to buy and spend then this has to be the way forwards.
Jolley clearly sees this and is promoting the youth, lets face it some of the bigger wages this season have been wasted in what have been gambles, gambles in the shape of Welsh etc that on paper should have been leading lights in this division. its also unfortunate that Whitehouse has missed the entire season and that could have changed the season as for me the midfield has been the weakest part as we just never created from there.
Im finding Ipswins comments on Akheem Rose comical and cowardly to insult a young player who has been playing with injury and a urine poor service from the midfield. The lad has played less than a handful of games, clearly has something and does have pace but if you dont get the service what can you do? Denting their confidence before they have even started is rediculous.  About time you support the player rather than ridicule him.
I have looked at some of the performances this year and we have looked dreadful but then looked at some and we have been immense, its league 2 and its full of teams that are inconsistent. Once we find that couple of players in the team that can create a little we will be up there.
We have improved on last year the points tally indicates that plus the fact that foundations are being put into place is encouraging.

How very dare you to come on this site with such a balanced and sensible post!!!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 155
16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.