Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 206 Guests

Jolley has to go, and go now.

This thread currently has 21,706 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
April 29, 2019, 8:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Eddie Howe at Bournemouth  only experience of coaching had been their Under 18's when he was elevated to first team caretaker manager on New Years Eve 2008 and he was only 31. I'm sure he made a lot of mistakes and bad signings on the way but look where Bournemouth are now? Not that I'm saying MJ is another Howe but he has to be given chance to have a full squad who are ALL his signings and not some who are extensions to contracts just to ensure some stability.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 155
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2019, 11:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

The other point is location though, Leyton is not salubrious but it is well placed so there is a more obvious potential than Grimsby - not necessarily better but more obvious. The investment by the chairman’s pal makes you wonder why our owner seems to be Johnny-No-Mates.

It is compared to NEL nowadays. When we played there the other year you could see the area had gentrified since we rubbed shoulders with them a decade or three ago.

Your last sentance is a very interesting thought.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 155
hheh2
April 30, 2019, 12:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Jolley has to go.. get more decent high quality players.

I'd say we need two midfielders similar to Hess, one to help him out to go alongside Whitehouse or Clifton and the other as backup.

Two strikers that can effect games. An Amond/Matt type combo because we are league two and it works. Vernam/McCallum(Eastleigh)?

Danny Collins is not first team so a replacement is needed for him.

RHJ is cover for right wingback but who is cover for left wingback?

Loans to facilitate injuries.

Are we keeping the 532, does it work in league two?

End of the day if you have money you have the better players, having better players helps.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 155
Ipswin
April 30, 2019, 10:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from arryarryarry

Can't be certain but may be Foow was referring to his meltdown when at BP If I remember correctly a game was abandoned because of fog when his side were winning 1-0.

FFS who's going to remember, even less care, about that Anyway I'm not surprised at his attitude, quite understandable, be nice if Jolley was as animated sometimes

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 155
Ipswin
April 30, 2019, 10:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Edinburgh was not best pleased with our chairman as was

Bit like a lot of people on here then

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 155
sam gy
April 30, 2019, 11:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55

The other point is location though, Leyton is not salubrious but it is well placed so there is a more obvious potential than Grimsby - not necessarily better but more obvious. The investment by the chairman’s pal makes you wonder why our owner seems to be Johnny-No-Mates.

I live in Leytonstone/a ten minute walk from the ground…as others have mentioned both Leytonstone and Leyton are starting to get gentrified, like a lot of East London already has. It’s now seen as a nice area to live in…especially for first time buyers/younger professional couples

It’s in Zone 3 and on the Central Line. One stop to Stratford (massive Westfield Shopping Centre/Olympic Village – loads going on and right next to trendy Hackney Wick), 4 stops to Liverpool Street (Shoreditch/The City) and a few more stops then you’re in Tottenham Court Road/Oxford Circus/Soho/Covent Garden area. If you go east on the Central Line then you’re in the nice/desirable leafy areas of Essex.

I love Grimsby with all my heart, of course. But we haven’t got a leg to stand on in comparison, if we’re trying to tempt players/managers away from the likes of Orient, unless they actively want to move north, or we can offer more money....or we'remore successful than them!

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 155
devs
April 30, 2019, 12:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
I'd say we need two midfielders similar to Hess, one to help him out to go alongside Whitehouse or Clifton and the other as backup.

I think this is the last thing we need - more runners in the team
We need creativity, killer pass, service to forwards

More brain and less brawn!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 155
1mickylyons
April 30, 2019, 12:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS who's going to remember, even less care, about that Anyway I'm not surprised at his attitude, quite understandable, be nice if Jolley was as animated sometimes

The blokes a twit Swin he also got a Town fan in the Main Stand chucked out .JE offered the fan`s behind the dugout a fight when one came forward to take up his offer his bottle went and the fan got taken away by Police. Numerous other home supporters in that area then also got involved and make no mistake JE caused this and he was the one who should have been chucked out.Of course some people may have forgotten about this but luckily this serves as a reminder  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 155
chrissy
April 30, 2019, 12:51pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Quoted from sam gy

I live in Leytonstone/a ten minute walk from the ground…as others have mentioned both Leytonstone and Leyton is starting to get gentrified, like a lot of East London already has. It’s now seen as a nice area to live in…especially for first time buyers/younger professional couples

It’s in Zone 3 and on the Central Line. One stop to Stratford (massive Westfield Shopping Centre/Olympic Village – loads going on and right next to trendy Hackney Wick), 4 stops to Liverpool Street (Shoreditch/The City) and a few more stops then you’re in Tottenham Court Road/Oxford Circus/Soho/Covent Garden area. If you go east on the Central Line then you’re in the nice/desirable leafy areas of Essex.

I love Grimsby with all my heart, of course. But we haven’t got a leg to stand on in comparison, if we’re trying to tempt players/managers away from the likes of Orient, unless they actively want to move north, or we can offer more money.)

The last player we signed from Leyton Orient was Ronnie Foster he signed on the morning of the match we had in London, Maybe he had not visited the Grimsby area before     he did stay for a while and enjoyed it here and was a good player for us.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 155
rancido
April 30, 2019, 12:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Ipswin

You mean be more like Danny Cowley ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 155
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.