Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,395 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
May 12, 2019, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Marinerz93

Wouldn't  trading with African countries help them better than sending millions in aid that doesn't seem to be distributed to where it is needed the most.

I have no desire to help them in any shape or form be it through trade or through aid. Most of them have become skint basket cases since they got the independence they craved from us, France, Belgium etc. Rhodesia (sorry Zimbabwe) was known as the 'bread basket' of Africa due to its outstanding agriculture under colonial rule. Aid? Not from me mate, and as far as trade is concerned they've got nowt we want (or money to pay us for any exports we make to them)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 400 - 918
Grim74
May 13, 2019, 10:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Ipswin

I have no desire to help them in any shape or form be it through trade or through aid. Most of them have become skint basket cases since they got the independence they craved from us, France, Belgium etc. Rhodesia (sorry Zimbabwe) was known as the 'bread basket' of Africa due to its outstanding agriculture under colonial rule. Aid? Not from me mate, and as far as trade is concerned they've got nowt we want (or money to pay us for any exports we make to them)

Thought you was just ignorant at first but it’s now  clear that you’re really stupid, an absolute idiot. Even the remoaner’s on here must be shaking their heads.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 401 - 918
grimsby pete
May 13, 2019, 12:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
If you look at most of the African  countries that are struggling it is because of war greed and draught,

You have to feel sorry for the normal people and kids but the leaders are all corrupt and most of the money you and I send in aid does not reach the people it was aimed at.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 402 - 918
Marinerz93
May 13, 2019, 10:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Ipswin

With the right investment they could have something valuable to trade with, from small acorns and all that.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 403 - 918
Grim74
May 14, 2019, 8:03am
Cocktail Drinker
This from an ardent outspoken EU supporter -

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....-africa-donald-trump

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 404 - 918
Grim74
May 14, 2019, 8:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
If you look at most of the African  countries that are struggling it is because of war greed and draught.

You’re not wrong Pete but it’s not the whole story the EU lets its farmers dump all their excess and cheap farm produce on African markets, forcing African farmers to sell their products for fxxk all or leave the market altogether. All whilst having the nerve to push for ever more foreign aid to Africa! The EU also imposes stiff tariffs on African agricultural imports, making it impossible for Africa to trade itself out of poverty, which ends up with the poverty war famine and diseases you alluded to it’s a vicious circle.

Corruption and human rights abuse are obvious factors we know most of Africa is run by tinpot dictators, but this scale of human tragedies was unheard of before the trading EEC became the superstate which is the EU.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 405 - 918
barralad
May 17, 2019, 7:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Grim74

You’re not wrong Pete but it’s not the whole story the EU lets its farmers dump all their excess and cheap farm produce on African markets, forcing African farmers to sell their products for fxxk all or leave the market altogether. All whilst having the nerve to push for ever more foreign aid to Africa! The EU also imposes stiff tariffs on African agricultural imports, making it impossible for Africa to trade itself out of poverty, which ends up with the poverty war famine and diseases you alluded to it’s a vicious circle.

Corruption and human rights abuse are obvious factors we know most of Africa is run by tinpot dictators, but this scale of human tragedies was unheard of before the trading EEC became the superstate which is the EU.

If ever an issue cut across party politics it is Brexit. I have many friends to the left of me who cite exactly the situation described in that article and your post as reasons to vote to leave.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 406 - 918
KingstonMariner
May 17, 2019, 10:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Grim74 at home

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 407 - 918
LH
May 26, 2019, 10:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Four results in and it’s already very clear that there should have been a single party who should have been nominated as the remain tactical vote for the whole country. He might be a complete cunnt but he’s a clever cunnt that Farage cause the headlines will all be about 40% Brexit Party votes.
Private Message
Reply: 408 - 918
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2019, 11:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Brexit party on 31% and LD on 21% and Green on 12%. Remainers slightly ahead.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 409 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.