Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 28 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,432 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
March 29, 2019, 2:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
If May hadn't been over confident and hadn't called that snap general election in the mistaken view that she would win it with a decent majority none of this would be happening.

PMSL silly female dog.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 918
LH
March 29, 2019, 2:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,509
Gold Stars: 173
It appeared to me that the Tories did their best to throw that election so that Labour would win and then be forced to deliver Brexit or face the wrath of the gammons if they revoked article 50. Either way they proper copulated it.
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 918
Rodley Mariner
March 29, 2019, 4:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I think it's actually shown she was right to call that election. She'd have had all the same problems without it. Nice big majority and she could have copulated off the ERG and the nutty DUP would still be as irrelevant as we all wish they were. The mistake she made was running such a complacent, abysmal campaign.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 918
KingstonMariner
March 29, 2019, 4:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grim74

Couple of things firstly the £9M  pounds propaganda leaflet delivered to every home in the country spelled out exactly what was involved especially if we dared to vote leave.
Secondly we didn’t vote for a deal the mandate was to leave any deals could and would of taken care of themselves.

I take on board what you are saying but if you were at such a basic level of political understanding then I doubt there would be any change now and that goes for the leave and remain voters.

The only genuine option that respects the vote now is to just leave WTO I believe in my Country to pull through to be prosperous and free, I just cannot for the life of me understand why my fellow countrymen and women would want their once proud nation to be nothing more than a puppet state 😔

Where have you been since 1942? We've been at the Yanks beck and call since then. Suez in 56 should have made people realise where we stood.

This independence marlarkey is just a load of hot air. We haven't been and we won't be, and it's nothing to do with the EU.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 918
GrimRob
March 29, 2019, 4:42pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Ipswin
If May hadn't been over confident and hadn't called that snap general election in the mistaken view that she would win it with a decent majority none of this would be happening.

PMSL silly female dog.

Not sure that's true. She's over 50 votes away from getting her deal accepted. I think from memory she only lost about 20-30 seats.

She's been made a scapegoat. She was handed mission impossible and nobody else was willing to do the job. She approached it in totally the wrong way by not involving other parties. It was obvious the DUP would never agree to what she steered the negotiations towards, plus numerous of her own colleagues.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 324 - 918
Rodley Mariner
March 29, 2019, 5:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from GrimRob

Not sure that's true. She's over 50 votes away from getting her deal accepted. I think from memory she only lost about 20-30 seats.

She's been made a scapegoat. She was handed mission impossible and nobody else was willing to do the job. She approached it in totally the wrong way by not involving other parties. It was obvious the DUP would never agree to what she steered the negotiations towards, plus numerous of her own colleagues.

I think you're being very generous. There was sympathy towards her but she's lost it due to her complete inflexibility. A large number of labour MP's would have worked with her moderates to find a softer brexit that could have found a majority. Instead she's gone all out to find something to please 11 religious zealots and 25 dogmatic lunatics.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 325 - 918
GrimRob
March 29, 2019, 5:30pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I think you're being very generous. There was sympathy towards her but she's lost it due to her complete inflexibility. A large number of labour MP's would have worked with her moderates to find a softer brexit that could have found a majority. Instead she's gone all out to find something to please 11 religious zealots and 25 dogmatic lunatics.

Agreed but her colleagues knew what she was like when they installed her without even the need for a vote. She doesn't do compromise or collaboration, she's more or less hand-crafted the terms for this deal herself. It was so predictable in retrospect we would end up where we are today. MPs are more likely to revoke Article 50 than they are to accept No Deal. Besides those choices, the most likely outcome seems to be a very soft Brexit.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 326 - 918
Ipswin
March 29, 2019, 5:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
OK then as some on here want to cuddle up to May and tell her not to be upset how about blaming that twit Cameron. If he hadn't promised to hold a referendum in order to win his last general election we wouldn't be in this position now

Thank intercourse the Jocks didn't go for independence in their referendum, imagine all the excrement that would have caused

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 918
barralad
March 29, 2019, 6:42pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I think it's actually shown she was right to call that election. She'd have had all the same problems without it. Nice big majority and she could have copulated off the ERG and the nutty DUP would still be as irrelevant as we all wish they were. The mistake she made was running such a complacent, abysmal campaign.

I've said this all along. She needed to get herself some breathing space. Her advisors reckoned she'd get a 200 seat majority..the press backed it up. What nobody reckoned with was her level of incompetence. The current problems can be backdated to Friday 9 June 2017. The day her policy was effectively doomed.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 918
chaos33
March 29, 2019, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360

This

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.