Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,388 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
April 5, 2019, 11:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I bet if anyone is in the pocket of Putin in all of this they are probably Brexiteers. Qui bono?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 370 - 918
Marinerz93
April 6, 2019, 8:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Ludicrous for all these Tory Breixteers to call Corbyn a Marxist. They're just as extreme in their own way.

And Brexiteers are always telling us everyone is entitled to their opinion. Translation, 'everyone is entitled to their opinion if they want the same sort of Brexit that I want. And if I don't get it now I'll sthcweam and sthcweam and sthcweam.'

The vote to leave or remain was final and no going back, Translation the remoaners sthcweam and sthcweam and sthcweam, we need a people vote, well we had one cry baby in 2016.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 371 - 918
barralad
April 9, 2019, 7:01pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I "follow" on twitter one of the Hull M.P.s because I'm interested in whether opinions have changed on Brexit as time has gone on. She asked the question of her constituents as to what they wanted from Brexit and put up some of the responses. There were strong representations for SEVEN different Leave outcomes. Obviously some had similarities but virtually all were accompanied by the "you need to do what the people want". Her problem is that for her constituents there is no clear majority other than the majority which says we need to leave, despite this view that "Leave means Leave" I strongly suspect she isn't on her own.
I've never considered that people who voted Leave didn't believe they knew what they were voting for but I'd put my next months pension on the fact that Brexit means different things to different people.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 372 - 918
Grim74
April 9, 2019, 8:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from barralad
I "follow" on twitter one of the Hull M.P.s because I'm interested in whether opinions have changed on Brexit as time has gone on. She asked the question of her constituents as to what they wanted from Brexit and put up some of the responses. There were strong representations for SEVEN different Leave outcomes. Obviously some had similarities but virtually all were accompanied by the "you need to do what the people want". Her problem is that for her constituents there is no clear majority other than the majority which says we need to leave, despite this view that "Leave means Leave" I strongly suspect she isn't on her own.
I've never considered that people who voted Leave didn't believe they knew what they were voting for but I'd put my next months pension on the fact that Brexit means different things to different people.

The main goal was sovereignty everything else is a wish list that sovereignty would ultimately bring free trade deals, immigration control, return of our fishing waters etc,etc, still yet to meet anyone who voted for a claim on a bus 🙄.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 373 - 918
grimsby pete
April 13, 2019, 7:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
To ask the general public to vote on a subject so serious as Brexit was darn right stupid,

BUT

The man Cameron did ask and we answered and he fooked off and left someone else to clear up the mess.

Except we have no one in charge at the moment who can clear it up,

Maybe we should have an election and if that does not work we could have another one and then another one.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 374 - 918
barralad
April 14, 2019, 3:55pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Grim74

The main goal was sovereignty everything else is a wish list that sovereignty would ultimately bring free trade deals, immigration control, return of our fishing waters etc,etc, still yet to meet anyone who voted for a claim on a bus 🙄.

Well you obviously haven't tried very hard! The Remain campaign in Grimsby all but ceased once the bus was unveiled. It was an absolute master stroke from the Leave campaign and it resonated with voters across the country. It was the second biggest response I got on the doorstep after the business about fishing rights. Unashamedly populist but the pathetic Remain campaign couldn't counter it.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 375 - 918
Grim74
April 14, 2019, 9:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
I can honestly say that ive not met anyone who voted for Brexit solely on that basis, I work local entering properties and meeting people on a daily basis not a few weeks during a voting campaign!  And during all this time more often than not over the last few years the topic of conversation turns to brexit.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 376 - 918
grimsby pete
April 16, 2019, 7:13pm

Exile
The EU are not happy we gave the UK an extension and then they all go on holiday  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 377 - 918
FishOutOfWater
April 17, 2019, 1:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimsby pete
The EU are not happy we gave the UK an extension and then they all go on holiday  

They must have known the MPs would be having a well earned Easter break Pete after all the hard work that has gone on in to finding a solution to the impasse

I'm sure when the MPs return they will be firing on all cylinders again.... well until they have their summer recess that is and then you won't get to see them for months on end  

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking...  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 378 - 918
grimsby pete
April 17, 2019, 7:19pm

Exile
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

They must have known the MPs would be having a well earned Easter break Pete after all the hard work that has gone on in to finding a solution to the impasse

I'm sure when the MPs return they will be firing on all cylinders again.... well until they have their summer recess that is and then you won't get to see them for months on end  

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking...  

Just  between you and me Tim I have a sneaking feeling that  apart from Boris and his friends they don't want us to leave .

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 379 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.