Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 184 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,568 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
SpudUDontLike
January 6, 2015, 11:06pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
I think it was a very good idea for John to come on this site unfortunately a few misguided posts and also him raising to the bait turned it all sour.

I do think we need to all get behind the players and hope we can get recent results improved and quickly. I really would like Hurst to 'go for it' on Saturday put out an attack minded team and those players to give a 100%. I would much rather see a 4-3 loss giving it a good go than losing 1-0 in a whimper.

UTM

I'm not John Fenty re-registering under a new name to avoid further embarrassment, but if I was I would no doubt be wholeheartedly agreeing that results need to improve, Hurst should go for it, and the players should give 100%.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 201
forza ivano
January 6, 2015, 11:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from SpudUDontLike

I'm not John Fenty re-registering under a new name to avoid further embarrassment, but if I was I would no doubt be wholeheartedly agreeing that results need to improve, Hurst should go for it, and the players should give 100%.

Welcome back john
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 201
SpudUDontLike
January 6, 2015, 11:43pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from forza ivano

Welcome back john

Curses. I should've known I'd never sneak that past you lot.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 201
newfootballer
January 7, 2015, 11:53am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from GrimRob

Reading between the lines there have been some interesting observations in what he has said. Even in this final post most people have overlooked a key point. John speaks to the players none of us do, if some of them are saying the crowd are a problem for them, then shouldn't we stand up and take note? Rob Scott lost it with a supporter, PH has come close to snapping in some of his interviews, now JF has reached some final straw with the relentless criticism. What hope have we got if the people who actually run and play for the club are losing faith with the supporters?

What you have said regarding what John Fenty has maybe picked up maybe from the players regarding the home crowd attitude to the players is really a key point.

If John feels he has got to make a plea to the home supporters, well so be it, yes we have had two disappointing Xmas home games but we are still in with a genuine chance to push our mighty Mariners up for better results in the new year.

I personally feel that now we are coming up to the last third of this season, and we have got remarkable supporters especially away fans this is where we need really good support at Blundell Park.

I use to look forward to every home game in my career at Blundel Park, the fans were that brilliant behind us.
So lets get behind the lads once again for the final push to get out of this horrible league.
Dave Boylen

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 201
fleabag1970
January 7, 2015, 12:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Blackpool owner Owen Oyston   , thinks he owns the club ..........................and is suing a fan  ( a co- owner) .......................................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 201
nightrider
January 7, 2015, 12:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Whats the man supposed to do - Were 4th, he isn't going to sack him and risk a chance in the playoffs.
If a new man comes in, he isn't going to magically win us the league is he. In fact, he might do worse.
Sit tight for six months. Paul Hurst will definitely be sacked if we don't go up via the playoffs. If anything, other than having to watch them (which like me, you don't have to do) ,you can't lose. We get promoted, everybody is happy. We don't get promoted, he leaves and everybody is happy

Mind you, I think I predicted he'd definitely be gone last season if we failed.....

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 201
promotion plaice
January 7, 2015, 12:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from fleabag1970
Blackpool owner Owen Oyston   , thinks he owns the club ..........................and is suing a fan  ( a co- owner) .......................................

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/spo.....d-Oyston-family.html

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 201
fleabag1970
January 7, 2015, 12:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
After having some " Debate" with some of you guys on here . iam now in the JF camp ..................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 201
RoboCod
January 7, 2015, 12:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from fleabag1970
After having some " Debate" with some of you guys on here . iam now in the JF camp ..................

Great.
I'm in no camp, I'm just utterly bewildered as to how suddenly the struggle of the club has been passed to the negativity of the home fans. Is this blame retrospective? Have the home fans been a bit grumpy for the past 10 years? Because I remember them turning out in great force in that period of time in an effort to stop us sinking from THREE League divisions.
And maybe the AWAY fans were a bit mardy on THAT day in Burton and should take the blame for a change, when the GTFC players AGAIN failed to put in anything like the level of commitment required and crashed us out of the League?

I'd better stay away, I'm in no mood to happily clap the same old error-ridden attempts at football, I'll come back to BP and be positive when these LONG TERM problems have been addressed.

Keep me updated on important stuff such as WHEN WE HAVE GOT THE HANG OF TAKING F*****G CORNERS

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 201
ginnywings
January 7, 2015, 12:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from fleabag1970

That'll be a fun Christmas party.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 201
21 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.