Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 194 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,517 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 7, 2015, 3:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from RoboCod

Great.
I'm in no camp, I'm just utterly bewildered as to how suddenly the struggle of the club has been passed to the negativity of the home fans. Is this blame retrospective? Have the home fans been a bit grumpy for the past 10 years? Because I remember them turning out in great force in that period of time in an effort to stop us sinking from THREE League divisions.
And maybe the AWAY fans were a bit mardy on THAT day in Burton and should take the blame for a change, when the GTFC players AGAIN failed to put in anything like the level of commitment required and crashed us out of the League?

I'd better stay away, I'm in no mood to happily clap the same old error-ridden attempts at football, I'll come back to BP and be positive when these LONG TERM problems have been addressed.

Keep me updated on important stuff such as WHEN WE HAVE GOT THE HANG OF TAKING F*****G CORNERS

Can I copy and paste please? This is about where I am.
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 201
Marinerz93
January 7, 2015, 4:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from newfootballer

I use to look forward to every home game in my career at Blundel Park, the fans were that brilliant behind us.
So lets get behind the lads once again for the final push to get out of this horrible league.
Dave Boylen

Before we crashed out of the league I asked you to go and speak to the players and tell them what staying in the league meant to us.  Sadly that fell on their deaf ears at the time.

I ask again, to go and have a meeting with the players Dave and tell them about your time at the club, explain to them how to win us over if they feel we are against them.  We have had a decade of players going through the motions and if you are honest in your review of past games some players are guilty of this.  The fans are desperate to get on side, it's down to the players.  If after your speech the players aren't motivated than no blame can ever be laid at the fans feet.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 201
MuddyWaters
January 7, 2015, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from newfootballer

What you have said regarding what John Fenty has maybe picked up maybe from the players regarding the home crowd attitude to the players is really a key point.

If John feels he has got to make a plea to the home supporters, well so be it, yes we have had two disappointing Xmas home games but we are still in with a genuine chance to push our mighty Mariners up for better results in the new year.

I personally feel that now we are coming up to the last third of this season, and we have got remarkable supporters especially away fans this is where we need really good support at Blundell Park.

I use to look forward to every home game in my career at Blundel Park, the fans were that brilliant behind us.
So lets get behind the lads once again for the final push to get out of this horrible league.
Dave Boylen

There's no emotional connection any more, Dave. I know you aren't originally from the town but you lived here and knew how much the club means to us. The current squad might come here in July, never live in the town and leave again in May. How can they be expected to understand the pride and passion that many of the fans have - I'm afraid that for many players who've been here in the past 10 years, we're just another pay cheque - that said, I'd love to be proved wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 201
Mrs Doyle
January 7, 2015, 5:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I'm not in anybody's camp we should NOT be dividing the club like this it's suicide, your never going to please everyone certain players will always get moaned at always have done it is nothing new. Bobby Mitchell use to get annihilated by some fans I still remember that from years ago.

I hope the players look at this and think right i show the ba******ds and put in a shift Hurst might not kick behind and be satisfied with mediocrity but it's clear a lot of fans are not so forgiving we are use to battlers at this club always have been.      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 201
Cod Cheeks
January 7, 2015, 8:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
This is so sad.... John, you have fallen out with everyone throughout your 10 years in charge including radio Humberside (like him or loathe him, Dave Burns genuinely believes you are solely responsible for our plight), The Grimsby Telegraph and now the fans themselves.
You are unable to take any kind of difference of opinion, which has cost/is costing us dearly.
What a great partnership you and Mike Parker could have made but you couldn't take it.
For whatever reason, you keep a stranglehold on the control of the club, which I believe has been putting off other potential partners (big or small) and I know several.
I have always backed you but I am beginning to doubt your motives.
I will never, ever boo or abuse a player in a town shirt but to watch some of them just go through the motions, Arnold last game for example, is soul draining. Shake them up, not us, we will be there long after they've gone (I hope)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 201
jonnyboy82
January 7, 2015, 8:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
This is so sad.... John, you have fallen out with everyone throughout your 10 years in charge including radio Humberside (like him or loathe him, Dave Burns genuinely believes you are solely responsible for our plight), The Grimsby Telegraph and now the fans themselves.
You are unable to take any kind of difference of opinion, which has cost/is costing us dearly.
What a great partnership you and Mike Parker could have made but you couldn't take it.
For whatever reason, you keep a stranglehold on the control of the club, which I believe has been putting off other potential partners (big or small) and I know several.
I have always backed you but I am beginning to doubt your motives.
I will never, ever boo or abuse a player in a town shirt but to watch some of them just go through the motions, Arnold last game for example, is soul draining. Shake them up, not us, we will be there long after they've gone (I hope)

Its mike parkers fault he left .

Its david burns fault we fell out with bbc humberside.

Its ITV digitals fault we got relegated time and time again.

Its the fans fault we are still shite.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 201
chaos33
January 7, 2015, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from RoboCod

Great.
I'm in no camp, I'm just utterly bewildered as to how suddenly the struggle of the club has been passed to the negativity of the home fans. Is this blame retrospective? Have the home fans been a bit grumpy for the past 10 years? Because I remember them turning out in great force in that period of time in an effort to stop us sinking from THREE League divisions.
And maybe the AWAY fans were a bit mardy on THAT day in Burton and should take the blame for a change, when the GTFC players AGAIN failed to put in anything like the level of commitment required and crashed us out of the League?

I'd better stay away, I'm in no mood to happily clap the same old error-ridden attempts at football, I'll come back to BP and be positive when these LONG TERM problems have been addressed.

Keep me updated on important stuff such as WHEN WE HAVE GOT THE HANG OF TAKING F*****G CORNERS

Really good post mate.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 201
fleabag1970
January 8, 2015, 1:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Who owns Chelsea?

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 201
supertown
January 8, 2015, 1:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Good By My Fishy Friends

Sorry to be pedantic but its goodbye.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 201
fleabag1970
January 8, 2015, 1:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Not another one ................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 201
21 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.