Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 125 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,484 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Bradford Mariner
January 6, 2015, 8:45pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from pontoonlew
John,

Over the past 2-3 seasons, this football club has drained the absolute life out of me. I'll support this club through thick and thin, I travel a 400 mile round trip just to make a home game. I've properly supported this club since that famous day in 98, since then i've seen little success but I tell you what I've seen some passion, some grit and i've been entertained. I've seen players like Pouton bust a bollock for the club, I saw Jevons score 'that' goal at Anfield, I've seen Andy Todd grab the club from certain relegation and I've seen a team do us stupidly proud by over achieving in the Championship year after year. I think deep down we all knew the clubs standing in the Championship wouldn't last forever, I can accept where we are now.

What I cannot accept, is the passion and grit that has been ripped away from it all. The entertainment that the current manager has drained from it, I don't like going to games anymore, I chose to do different things and I feel robbed of the club that I originally fell in love with. I don't really care if i've missed a 1-0 home win against Dover, the chances are I wouldn't had enjoyed it anyway! Then you come on here, you goad the fans who have stuck with this club through everything, you goad those fans who DARE to say they're sick of it. For a club who have fallen so far it's stunning that we're even this patient but I for one am totally sick of it now. I'm sick of going to a game, travelling 400 miles to get there and back, to see a toothless, heartless performance and then to top it all off, the manager comes on the radio and tells me it's my fault! It's my fault he's drained all the entertainment from the club i've supported for the majority of my life, it's my fault he sits back and plays shite, negative boring football week in week out. You and others at the club seem to think that we should just accept that? Who bloody cares if we 'got the result' when the fun isn't there anymore? Unless something changes we'll not have enough to get out of this league.

I have defended you for years, I dread to think where we'd be without you. But to blame the fans after the absolute shite you've overseen in the past 10 or so years is an absolute flipping insult to the time, effort, money and pain i've invested supporting the rubbish currently on show.

What a great post. Sadly it sums up the feelings of many fans I speak to.

If JF chooses to ignore these sentiments he's not living in the real world.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 201
fleabag1970
January 6, 2015, 8:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
You wouldn't think JF would have done all this mess by himself ...........after all he doesn't own the club so why is it just down to Him ?  The other 1000's of Co Owners should have done something

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 201
fleabag1970
January 6, 2015, 8:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Oh hang on ............. None of the 1000's want to get their hands dirty , just Key board warriors !  Could it be that Mr F was right all along ??  Fans ehhh who'd have em

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 201
Jaws
January 6, 2015, 9:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
I think everyone concerned with the club needs to grow a pair, knuckle down and show everyone what we all know they are capable of.

I think the main discontent amongst the fans is simply that we're performing nowhere near our potential.

Our form has been indifferent, we have destroyed teams without breaking a sweat but then seemingly not turned up against some teams who are nothing more than a joke.

No-one ever gets anywhere through b*tching and moaning, only one way to win the support back and it's by giving us 3 points and exicitng football.

Despite it's success this site does not represent the full fan-base, nor does the booing at full-time. If we have lost to a team no-one is going to cheer, any booing will always drown out any other response.
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 201
mariner91
January 6, 2015, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,563
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from fleabag1970

Do cricket fans own their club ? Do rugby fans own Their club ??  Just because you shop at Tesco does that mean you own them too ??

He Owns it , lock stock and barrel   !!!!  Along with whoever else has money tied up in the club !

Like myself then as my Dad bought me some shares in the club when I was a kid?

And what would happen to this club that Mr Fenty supposedly owns if everyone suddenly decided to stop going? How long do you think it would last then? The fans are the lifeblood of any club. Without them, it does not exist.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 201
gaz57
January 6, 2015, 10:13pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from pontoonlew
John,

Over the past 2-3 seasons, this football club has drained the absolute life out of me. I'll support this club through thick and thin, I travel a 400 mile round trip just to make a home game. I've properly supported this club since that famous day in 98, since then i've seen little success but I tell you what I've seen some passion, some grit and i've been entertained. I've seen players like Pouton bust a bollock for the club, I saw Jevons score 'that' goal at Anfield, I've seen Andy Todd grab the club from certain relegation and I've seen a team do us stupidly proud by over achieving in the Championship year after year. I think deep down we all knew the clubs standing in the Championship wouldn't last forever, I can accept where we are now.

What I cannot accept, is the passion and grit that has been ripped away from it all. The entertainment that the current manager has drained from it, I don't like going to games anymore, I chose to do different things and I feel robbed of the club that I originally fell in love with. I don't really care if i've missed a 1-0 home win against Dover, the chances are I wouldn't had enjoyed it anyway! Then you come on here, you goad the fans who have stuck with this club through everything, you goad those fans who DARE to say they're sick of it. For a club who have fallen so far it's stunning that we're even this patient but I for one am totally sick of it now. I'm sick of going to a game, travelling 400 miles to get there and back, to see a toothless, heartless performance and then to top it all off, the manager comes on the radio and tells me it's my fault! It's my fault he's drained all the entertainment from the club i've supported for the majority of my life, it's my fault he sits back and plays shite, negative boring football week in week out. You and others at the club seem to think that we should just accept that? Who bloody cares if we 'got the result' when the fun isn't there anymore? Unless something changes we'll not have enough to get out of this league.

I have defended you for years, I dread to think where we'd be without you. But to blame the fans after the absolute shite you've overseen in the past 10 or so years is an absolute flipping insult to the time, effort, money and pain i've invested supporting the rubbish currently on show.

Well said it's a shame the person who needed to read what you put probably didn't see it. I would be interested to know if he had his say and never bothered to read the reaction from the fans of our great club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 201
dapperz fun pub
January 6, 2015, 10:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,878
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from gaz57

Well said it's a shame the person who needed to read what you put probably didn't see it. I would be interested to know if he had his say and never bothered to read the reaction from the fans of our great club.

I'd wager hes had a look on here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 201
ackomariner
January 6, 2015, 10:40pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from fleabag1970
Oh hang on ............. None of the 1000's want to get their hands dirty , just Key board warriors !  Could it be that Mr F was right all along ??  Fans ehhh who'd have em

Give your head a wobble

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 201
Fcukthescunts
January 6, 2015, 10:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
I think it was a very good idea for John to come on this site unfortunately a few misguided posts and also him raising to the bait turned it all sour.

I do think we need to all get behind the players and hope we can get recent results improved and quickly. I really would like Hurst to 'go for it' on Saturday put out an attack minded team and those players to give a 100%. I would much rather see a 4-3 loss giving it a good go than losing 1-0 in a whimper.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 201
dapperz fun pub
January 6, 2015, 10:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,878
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
I think it was a very good idea for John to come on this site unfortunately a few misguided posts and also him raising to the bait turned it all sour.

I do think we need to all get behind the players and hope we can get recent results improved and quickly. I really would like Hurst to 'go for it' on Saturday put out an attack minded team and those players to give a 100%. I would much rather see a 4-3 loss giving it a good go than losing 1-0 in a whimper.

UTM

I'd like him to be more positive as well but I don't think its in his nature he strikes me as a guy who over thinks things and then reverts to caution
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 201
21 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.