Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 149 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,485 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
January 5, 2015, 10:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,974
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Badger57

Post of the year!  Says everything a lot of us have been thinking for a good while.
Brilliant, well done mate!

Would get my vote  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 201
lew chaterleys lover
January 5, 2015, 10:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,645
Gold Stars: 234
Does JF not see the contradiction here?

"Never once have I blamed the fans for anything.

Like it or not, BP is hostile for the home-side according to some players."

If that isn't blaming the fans I don't know what is.

The problem with him posting is that he chose the wrong name. Instead of GETYOURFACTSRIGHT it should have been ICANTFACETHEFACTS.

He has spent upwards of 10 years avoiding the issue that under his control the club has gone downhill at speed and has shown little sign of reversing the trend. I am sick and tired of the "let's accept we are in the Conference" and "automatic promotion is still possible" stuff. If the man was serious about improving things he would stop trying the run the club like his business and sit down with people who know how to plan football progress.

He would look back for guidance and see how Buckley made the marque signing of Garry Birtles when we were in the dumps and so inspired the crowd and players alike. He would storm into the manager's office and ask him why on earth he has wasted his money on yet another "promising" squad player. He would snap back at the sniping players and tell them that it was their job to build the support not the supporters and maybe they should start by buying a huge mirror for the dressing room wall.

He might think that leaving the Fishy as a poster is a good idea. Maybe it is. But it won't stop people who have supported the club through thick and thin and seen it suffer under his stewardship from reminding him of the facts even if he can't face them.

I hope Getyourfactsright reads this post.

We need leadership on and off the pitch, no doubt about it.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 201
forza ivano
January 5, 2015, 10:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,127
Gold Stars: 265
Don't suppose I will ever get my question re thermos flasks answered now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 201
ackomariner
January 5, 2015, 11:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
;
Quoted from forza ivano
Don't suppose I will ever get my question re thermos flasks answered now

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 201
moosey_club
January 5, 2015, 11:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,196
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from barralad

I have a mate who is flying down from Aberdeen to Southampton to be there!

Driving all the way to Aberdeen just to fly to Southampton??  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 201
kevikov
January 5, 2015, 11:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 13
Best thing you've decided to do since the idea of posting on here first flew into your head John. I don't think it was ever going to end well, I prefer my "major shareholders" not posting on a general forum and concentrating on the important running of the club business. Plus in my opinion, you're really not that good with the whole PR thing, Disaster waiting to happen and the almost incredible ability to say the wrong thing at the worst time. As someone else said earlier, leave the PR to those that are paid to do it. Fair play for trying if that is what you wanted but not for me. Now go tell whichever cry baby it was in the dressing room to man up, play with a bit of pride and drive some passion into him. Show us you care and we'll show you we do too. UTM.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 201
LongEatonMariner
January 5, 2015, 11:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ivanosandwich

You speak for yourself....not all.

The new latest post of the year (in my opinion but I'm not forcing anyone else to agree with how I think)!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 201
louth_in_the_south
January 6, 2015, 12:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
Some players find it  hostile ?! Boo blo.ody hoo the poor little wall flowers . Fook off back to where you came from playing in front of 1000 fans or whatever . Don't waste our time . Let's sign some players who don't roll over when the going gets tough or well be down here forever

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 201
jaymariner
January 6, 2015, 7:43am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
I have never been PH's biggest fan but I have been happy to give him a chance but I have had enough of his negative attitude, tactics and preparation. He has single handedly taken the fight and battle out of the players and the club IMO. Yes we have probably our best squad ability wise since we came down to the conference but something is going wrong somewhere to turn them into a downtrodden looking bunch of players and to blame the fans for this is completely wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 201
1mickylyons
January 6, 2015, 7:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
So Jan 6th and were at this stage are we?

Dear John,

Just concentrate on the job in hand ie securing promotion if the little darlings Mr Hurst have signed don't like playing at BP then tell them to fook off and the same to Mr Hurst with little bells on.I have seen some rubbish over the years but any negativity associated with BP at present I would boldly suggest you look at the teams Manager rather than the fans because that is the problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 201
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.