Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 354 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,564 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
January 6, 2015, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,626
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from fleabag1970
It's not " Our " club ...........It is his !!  To do with what he wants . When AFC Grimsby start up then it will be OUR club

Clubs belong to no individual, they belong to the fans. Without the fans a club is nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 201
barralad
January 6, 2015, 5:50pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Can't accept appalling - he has clearly tried (but failed) to do his best for the club and, as a fan, it must hurt like hell to see where the club stands at present.

Personally, I would like to see some humility, maybe an acceptance that it has gone wrong under his leadership. Maybe he should provide a clear, unequivocal statement of what he means by benign. Are these loans preventing others from coming to take over? I guess we'll never know.

What he must now accept is that he has lost the trust of many fans - even some who have been supportive in the past realise that he has overstepped the mark by criticising the very people who have kept his club, no, our club, afloat. I guess many watched AFC Wimbledon last night and were reminiscing of nights like that at BP where we had the place rocking and I wonder whether we'll ever see that again.

I pray we do but fear we won't.

Well we agree on some things...I'd say fans of Darlington, Hereford etc. have a much better understanding of the word appalling                

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 201
barralad
January 6, 2015, 5:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from fleabag1970
It's not " Our " club ...........It is his !!  To do with what he wants . When AFC Grimsby start up then it will be OUR club

Be careful what you wish for....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 201
grimsby pete
January 6, 2015, 6:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from mariner tommy
Thias is ridiculous, If "get your facts right" is John Fenty them I'm a dutchman.

Has anybody thought why he would choose a pseudonym like that and post on The Fishy ?

And do you think he would really address this post using all capital letters for each word, and then spelling "goodbye" as "Good By"

If people believe that then they will believe anything.

UTM

Sorry Tom but he is John Fenty,

Grim Rob has confirmed that John joined the fishy under that name,

Also I have spoken to John about the fishy at a couple of away games,.

John like me is a little dyslextic so his spelling and grammar  like mine is not always right.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 201
MuddyWaters
January 6, 2015, 6:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Thias is ridiculous, If "get your facts right" is John Fenty then I'm a dutchman.

UTM

Alright Ruud?
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 201
lew chaterleys lover
January 6, 2015, 7:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

Well we agree on some things...I'd say fans of Darlington, Hereford etc. have a much better understanding of the word appalling                

And I would say the fans of Rotherham, Doncaster, Swansea, Bournemouth, Chesterfield, Fleetwood, Crawley, etc. have a much better understanding of the word "progress"
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 201
headingly_mariner
January 6, 2015, 7:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
This is ridiculous, If "get your facts right" is John Fenty then I'm a dutchman.

Has anybody thought why he would choose a pseudonym like that and post on The Fishy ?

And do you think he would really address this post using all capital letters for each word, and then spelling "goodbye" as "Good By"

If people believe that then they will believe anything.

UTM

I'd like it not to be!!!
My worry is about the decisions made at the club over the last 10+ years, you have to wonder what sort of quality debate went into making them. Criticism is a powerful tool to improve things that have not gone quite to plan.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 201
headingly_mariner
January 6, 2015, 7:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113

And I would say the fans of Rotherham, Doncaster, Swansea, Bournemouth, Chesterfield, Fleetwood, Crawley, etc. have a much better understanding of the word "progress"

Add in Phoenix clubs like Wimbledon and halifax, they have managed to start again and still be at the same or a higher level than us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 201
jock dock tower
January 6, 2015, 7:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I mentioned on here a number of years ago that the way forward would be fan ownership.

We now have representation of fans on the board by the Trust, so here's a question for you John. If you really passionately believe in the club why don't you forego your loans that you've made to the club and help the fans set up a body that can take over the club by having 51% of the shares, and starting from a sound financial basis?

You're a businessman, and if this was a business you'd have either got rid of it long time since, or restructured it from top to bottom to help sustain it. We could even make you a life president in recognition of your services to the club.

You could even go in the Main Stand at games and eff and blind at the players to your heart's content.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 201
MuddyWaters
January 6, 2015, 7:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from jock dock tower
We could even make you a life president in recognition of your services to the club.

You could even go in the Main Stand at games and eff and blind at the players to your heart's content.

That's stretching it a bit!  
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 201
21 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.