Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 185 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,569 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
mike_d
January 8, 2015, 2:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from supertown
Good By My Fishy Friends

Sorry to be pedantic but its goodbye.

I'd check your facts. Good-by is an acceptable alternative - the only thing he's potentially guilty of there is forgetting a hyphen. Not sure if that is acceptable.

[url]http://www.thefreedictionary.com/good-by[/url]

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 201
Biccys
January 9, 2015, 12:10pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
This is so sad.... John, you have fallen out with everyone throughout your 10 years in charge including radio Humberside (like him or loathe him, Dave Burns genuinely believes you are solely responsible for our plight), The Grimsby Telegraph and now the fans themselves.
You are unable to take any kind of difference of opinion, which has cost/is costing us dearly.
What a great partnership you and Mike Parker could have made but you couldn't take it.
For whatever reason, you keep a stranglehold on the control of the club, which I believe has been putting off other potential partners (big or small) and I know several.
I have always backed you but I am beginning to doubt your motives.
I will never, ever boo or abuse a player in a town shirt but to watch some of them just go through the motions, Arnold last game for example, is soul draining. Shake them up, not us, we will be there long after they've gone (I hope)

Hard to argue with anything here.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 161 - 201
lew chaterleys lover
January 9, 2015, 12:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
This is so sad.... John, you have fallen out with everyone throughout your 10 years in charge including radio Humberside (like him or loathe him, Dave Burns genuinely believes you are solely responsible for our plight), The Grimsby Telegraph and now the fans themselves.
You are unable to take any kind of difference of opinion, which has cost/is costing us dearly.
What a great partnership you and Mike Parker could have made but you couldn't take it.
For whatever reason, you keep a stranglehold on the control of the club, which I believe has been putting off other potential partners (big or small) and I know several.
I have always backed you but I am beginning to doubt your motives.
I will never, ever boo or abuse a player in a town shirt but to watch some of them just go through the motions, Arnold last game for example, is soul draining. Shake them up, not us, we will be there long after they've gone (I hope)

I agree with all of this and I think it is obvious an enormous ego is not matched with enormous ability to run a football club.

The stranglehold he has at the club permeates through everything unfortunately, and any potential investors (and yes they are out there) will wait till he finally admits defeat and / or gets his benign loans back.

Sometimes, even with the best will in the world, things just don't work out.
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 201
dapperz fun pub
January 9, 2015, 12:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Biccys

Hard to argue with anything here.

absolutely but say fenty reads this and other posts and thinks im off ive had enough off this, which in all honesty looks the case anyway how would the club survive? is there people locally who could take us on ?
my question is based on him not wanting anything money wise,just wants out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 201
headingly_mariner
January 9, 2015, 12:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

absolutely but say fenty reads this and other posts and thinks im off ive had enough off this, which in all honesty looks the case anyway how would the club survive? is there people locally who could take us on ?
my question is based on him not wanting anything money wise,just wants out.

I think that depends on whether the loans are written off or not. While they hang over the club nobody will take it on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 201
dapperz fun pub
January 9, 2015, 12:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I think that depends on whether the loans are written off or not. While they hang over the club nobody will take it on.

say he says fook the loans im off........i realise unlikely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 201
BIGChris
January 9, 2015, 1:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
From previous conversations i think JF would seriously consider stepping aside for a fraction of the money he is owed BUT subject to him being satisfied that the people taking over have the ability to take the club forward. If he felt the motives were suspect then there is no way he would hand over the club
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 201
dapperz fun pub
January 9, 2015, 1:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris
From previous conversations i think JF would seriously consider stepping aside for a fraction of the money he is owed BUT subject to him being satisfied that the people taking over have the ability to take the club forward. If he felt the motives were suspect then there is no way he would hand over the club

Cheers Chris.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 201
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2015, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from BIGChris

Thanks for the insight BC. Still worries me that a half (as a fraction) of the loan is still a big price tag for the privilege of taking over a non-league club with a largely out-of-date stadium in a largely poor area of the country.

I really hope that we can find a team that will take us out of this league and give us some positive momentum - this would in turn provide a justification for a new stadium which, ultimately, could re-ignite the club's finances.
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 201
headingly_mariner
January 9, 2015, 3:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from BIGChris

I think that the size of that fraction is they key issue for anyone who will want to take the club over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 201
21 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.