January 10, 2015, 9:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Civvy at last

The likes of Mike Parker

.  Still. It's my toy and I won't share unless it's my terms !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 201
KingstonMariner
January 11, 2015, 12:02am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from BIGChris

A reasonably accurate recollection of events KM. I tried to keep it factual and neutral

Mike Parker retained,( & still does to my knowledge) in round figures, £500k of shares but his holding PLUS the Trust holding of approx £535k meant that control lay outside the boardroom. The club needed a cash injection to meet regular commitments I.e. Wages etc.

The Trust were not in a position to inject cash and Mike was not interested in doing so.

JF had cash but wouldn't do so because, in theory at least, the Trust acting in cahoots with Mike Parker had enough voting powers to remove him within 28 days by calling an EGM.

It is not unreasonable (IMO) that if you are to invest cash that you want a degree of control. Would anybody really expect to invest without a say? Agreed. But if he'd bought more shares instead of lending it would have given him control. And the debt owed to him gave him de facto control anyway.

A proposal was negotiated that in return for transferring £200k of shares from the Trust to JF, he would also invest a further £200k in cash by buying shares. This is often forgotten in that JF did receive the shares but critically the club received a cash injection of £200k too.

From memory JF now owns something in the region of 46% of the club shares  Mike Parker  20%+ and the Trust 13%. The remainder is in the hands of (mostly) individual fans

The vote was something like 84% in favour of the proposal.

Some  said the Trust should have called JF's bluff  Gulity as charged - if anything I'm even more convinced we should have.. The membership decided otherwise. The Trust ( in its current form)at that stage was in its infancy and certainly not in a position to play Russian roulette with the clubs very existence within a couple of months of being relaunched.

Most know I am no longer part of the Trust board but I remain totally committed to the fans, through a properly constituted Trust, having a major say in the running of their club. I will always try and answer any questions as honestly and openly as I can

UTM

Wasn't the plan also to remove the deficit within a couple of years so the debt stopped growing?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 201
21 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.