Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 258 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,554 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
realist
January 5, 2015, 9:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
I've seen it all now.
We all done the drunken post and made the embarrassing apology the next day, but to continue in the same vane and slag the fans off again is too much. Whilst you are leaving the forum, leave the club and take your clueless manager with you. Hopefully the players won't get too upset, the sensitive souls that they are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 201
fleabag1970
January 5, 2015, 9:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from GrimRob

If the manager, players and directors all look elsewhere then we'll be looking back on this as a glorious era.

There will always be a " Grimsby " with or with out them ....................  It will never be a Glorious era it is ashit state of affairs !!  I went to watch Clee and the football wasn't a lot different tbh .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 201
carrot top
January 5, 2015, 9:53pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GrimRob

If the manager, players and directors all look elsewhere then we'll be looking back on this as a glorious era.

As I said earlier in the thread, they need to man up. The supporters, and there are still many of them even at this low level deserve better. All we ask is that the players put a proper shift in and that the Manager can get them in the right frame of mind to perform.
I'm sorry Rob but it is very boring watching Town at home on too many occasions

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 201
lew chaterleys lover
January 5, 2015, 9:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GrimRob

You might be right, funnily enough.

But I bet there are managers, directors and players and new fans out there who would like a shot at reviving this great football club.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 201
chaos33
January 5, 2015, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,927
Gold Stars: 356
I agree with you BC, and might I add what a tawdry f@cking mess this whole thing is. Pathetic. If Town would only stop being sh1t, then we could avoid all of these ugly and unnecessary conflagrations.

I will repeat something I have often said - Grimsby Town are very, very lucky to receive the level of support that they do. If it weren't for the perpetual failures and the insulting comments and lack of commitment, BP would be bustling and rocking. What angers and saddens me is that it is all there for the taking. If only we had people with real ability employed in key positions at the club, and were doing the business on the pitch then this would be some club to play for - going up and going places, instead of sinking like a f***ing stone and cutting our nose off to spite our face.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 201
lee65
January 5, 2015, 9:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,482
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from GrimRob

Sorry Rob, can't buy this.  I agree with the idea that we are in a good position in the Conference, but is that a great place to be?
The fighting between the fans, major shareholder, the way Paul acts in interviews (I have no personal gripe, but I think he puts a downer on things, even after a good result) all mean that I'm falling out of love with the whole thing.  I get more enjoyment from watching my sons Sunday League team these days.
Having said that, I'm trying to manufacture a reason to be in the Eastleigh area on the 27th  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 201
Marinerz93
January 5, 2015, 10:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
Dear Fishes.

I have decided to never post or visit the fishy again due to the extreme and unfair interpretations of some of my posts. Not to mention the vile and abuse I endure.

Never once have I blamed the fans for anything.

Like it or not, BP is hostile for the home-side according to some players.

Only yesterday, I'm told by a lady who brought her two children to a recent game, that the swearing and vile behaviour of some around, would stop them from coming again.

These are facts.

I understand the frustrations and passion of fans, as heck I am just another.

Very happy as always to meet any number of you, with other directors as you may wish, to hear your views, concerns and ideas. Accordingly contact Ian Fleming at the club to arrange.

Otherwise, hope to see you all in fine voice with positive passion..

Best wishes John UTM

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2e4w75l.gif[/IMG]

Always sorry to hear that fellow Mariners decide against posting.  The problem with posting on a forum is that you don't have the power to control what people think.  You have no comfort zone on here and people will generally tell you how it is, this has truly got under your skin.

You have goaded fans and laughed about it, or have you forgotten the thread that you and your executive chums watched with glee that went to over 2,000 hits.  You never did say who your 7 mathey Fenty bathers were did you but you always stated it when you wanted to score points.

More have stopped coming to BP because of the poor standard of football, and league we are in, let alone vile behaviour or swearing. Which. if you sit in the cheap seats at the majority of clubs in the league, fans slag players off, swear with some vile behaviour thrown in. The fans at Scunthorpe drove a player out at Glanford Park, the fans at Mansfield when they were relegated from the league attacked the Chairman. You have surrounded yourself with yes men that your view has become insular.

BP is a partisan crowd, only Sunday league players would say it is hostile.

I hope I haven't hurt your feelings.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 201
BIGChris
January 5, 2015, 10:00pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from lee65

Sorry Rob, can't buy this.  I agree with the idea that we are in a good position in the Conference, but is that a great place to be?
The fighting between the fans, major shareholder, the way Paul acts in interviews (I have no personal gripe, but I think he puts a downer on things, even after a good result) all mean that I'm falling out of love with the whole thing.  I get more enjoyment from watching my sons Sunday League team these days.
Having said that, I'm trying to manufacture a reason to be in the Eastleigh area on the 27th  

Yeah, you and me both!
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 201
barralad
January 5, 2015, 10:05pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,289
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from BIGChris

Yeah, you and me both!

I have a mate who is flying down from Aberdeen to Southampton to be there!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 201
chicaneuk
January 5, 2015, 10:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Sorry to read that John. A rare opportunity for the fan base to make use of, which has now been lost. Real shame.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 201
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.