Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 109 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,483 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
January 9, 2015, 3:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

say he says fook the loans im off........i realise unlikely

I'm sure that there are people who would take the club on if that where the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 201
OneLove
January 9, 2015, 4:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
On a serious note fenty, can you not see why the home crowd is hostile? The only time Ive seen town actually play as a team was in the fa cup last season, other than that, not really played many teams off the park and why....because we haven't got the manager to do so, to spear them on, to get under there skin when its not happening on the pitch, to not have issues with fans, you know this is were it all lies, and all you do is fall out with everyone. The club will never ever go anywhere Im afraid while your doing the picking and choosing, but heres a thought, look where we could of been if you didn't fall out with mike parker eh?

Long live the club thats loved, its not the fans issues its the clubs and the little hitlers involved with it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 201
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2015, 4:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Hindsight being the wonderful thing that it is, I wonder what would have happened if the Mariners Trust hadn't gifted those shares?
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 201
dapperz fun pub
January 9, 2015, 5:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,878
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Hindsight being the wonderful thing that it is, I wonder what would have happened if the Mariners Trust hadn't gifted those shares?

How many shares do the trust still have ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 201
dapperz fun pub
January 9, 2015, 5:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,878
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I'm sure that there are people who would take the club on if that where the case.

I can't think of any tbh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 201
Nelly GTFC
January 9, 2015, 5:42pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I seem to remember their was an ultimatum, "do this, do that, or else no more money being put in?"  Because they wanted over all control of the actual club.  Am I right?

Then  their was a vote, and it was decided to give the shares away to someone, so that everything could carry on as previously, and what is already in place.

Being careful with my wording, don't want the risk of my bottom being sued to kingdom come.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 201
Teestogreen
January 9, 2015, 6:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
Dear Fishes.

I have decided to never post or visit the fishy again due to the extreme and unfair interpretations of some of my posts. Not to mention the vile and abuse I endure.

Never once have I blamed the fans for anything.

Like it or not, BP is hostile for the home-side according to some players.

Only yesterday, I'm told by a lady who brought her two children to a recent game, that the swearing and vile behaviour of some around, would stop them from coming again.

These are facts.

I understand the frustrations and passion of fans, as heck I am just another.

Very happy as always to meet any number of you, with other directors as you may wish, to hear your views, concerns and ideas. Accordingly contact Ian Fleming at the club to arrange.

Otherwise, hope to see you all in fine voice with positive passion..

Best wishes John UTM

I think John is right not to post on this forum (and I understand he won't read this), but I think he should still visit the site. Unfortunately, there will, always be an 'ouch' when he does read some of the comments, but there are a lot of very good posters on here, that I believe are close to the belief of GTFC supporters in general, in terms of how to progress upwards.

I hope he can form a group of directors representative of Grimsby Town Fans and allow them in, to contribute to the club's  future. Otherwise, it appears to be one man in control, and he is a human being. Positive change has to be at the top, in this case, before we will see real positive direction in the future at the other lower levels within the club.

With a bit of luck, I'm totally wrong, and we re-admit the Football League this year.

Good luck to Paul Hurst and the team.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 201
BIGChris
January 9, 2015, 6:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Teestogreen

I think John is right not to post on this forum (and I understand he won't read this), but I think he should still visit the site. Unfortunately, there will, always be an 'ouch' when he does read some of the comments, but there are a lot of very good posters on here, that I believe are close to the belief of GTFC supporters in general, in terms of how to progress upwards.

I hope he can form a group of directors representative of Grimsby Town Fans and allow them in, to contribute to the club's  future. Otherwise, it appears to be one man in control, and he is a human being. Positive change has to be at the top, in this case, before we will see real positive direction in the future at the other lower levels within the club.

With a bit of luck, I'm totally wrong, and we re-admit the Football League this year.

Good luck to Paul Hurst and the team.

UTM

Like a supporters Trust perhaps?
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 201
Teestogreen
January 9, 2015, 6:55pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
Big tick for you Chris - I read you were embarrassed by John's outburst (if I interpret correctly). There must be a lot of pressure at the top of GTFC (much of it self inflicted). Our leader must engage properly with intelligent GTFC people to share the load - i.m.o.  

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 201
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2015, 9:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I seem to remember their was an ultimatum, "do this, do that, or else no more money being put in?"  Because they wanted over all control of the actual club.  Am I right?

Then  their was a vote, and it was decided to give the shares away to someone, so that everything could carry on as previously, and what is already in place.

Being careful with my wording, don't want the risk of my bottom being sued to kingdom come.

Just to clarify (at least how I remember it):
Mike Parker gifted the Trust 500,000 shares (face value £500,000) which made them the major shareholder.
The Trust were not represented on the Club Board. John Fenty said he couldn't continue to support the club when control rested outside the boardroom.
The Trust board thought about it and decided to put it to a vote of all Trust members. The Trust membership voted about 70:30 in favour of gifting 200,000 shares to John Fenty which would make him the major shareholder again. I think there were some strings - continued financial support for the Club by JF and some consultation with the Trust over budgets (I think the hope was to get the club to balance the books over a few years to prevent us getting into more debt).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 201
21 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.