Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 212 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,561 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
gytone
January 5, 2015, 10:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,020
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from pontoonlew
John,

Over the past 2-3 seasons, this football club has drained the absolute life out of me. I'll support this club through thick and thin, I travel a 400 mile round trip just to make a home game. I've properly supported this club since that famous day in 98, since then i've seen little success but I tell you what I've seen some passion, some grit and i've been entertained. I've seen players like Pouton bust a bollock for the club, I saw Jevons score 'that' goal at Anfield, I've seen Andy Todd grab the club from certain relegation and I've seen a team do us stupidly proud by over achieving in the Championship year after year. I think deep down we all knew the clubs standing in the Championship wouldn't last forever, I can accept where we are now.

What I cannot accept, is the passion and grit that has been ripped away from it all. The entertainment that the current manager has drained from it, I don't like going to games anymore, I chose to do different things and I feel robbed of the club that I originally fell in love with. I don't really care if i've missed a 1-0 home win against Dover, the chances are I wouldn't had enjoyed it anyway! Then you come on here, you goad the fans who have stuck with this club through everything, you goad those fans who DARE to say they're sick of it. For a club who have fallen so far it's stunning that we're even this patient but I for one am totally sick of it now. I'm sick of going to a game, travelling 400 miles to get there and back, to see a toothless, heartless performance and then to top it all off, the manager comes on the radio and tells me it's my fault! It's my fault he's drained all the entertainment from the club i've supported for the majority of my life, it's my fault he sits back and plays shite, negative boring football week in week out. You and others at the club seem to think that we should just accept that? Who bloody cares if we 'got the result' when the fun isn't there anymore? Unless something changes we'll not have enough to get out of this league.

I have defended you for years, I dread to think where we'd be without you. But to blame the fans after the absolute shite you've overseen in the past 10 or so years is an absolute flipping insult to the time, effort, money and pain i've invested supporting the rubbish currently on show.

That post is from the heart and exactly how I feel, although I don't travel that far and live locally I've only been to 3 games this season, which for me is unheard of, i dont even listen to the radio anymore when we are away, partly because i cant be bothered to find it ! but I'm afraid I  can't take it,, unfortunately I will continue to pick and choose my games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 201
ivanosandwich
January 5, 2015, 10:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from BIGChris

Yeah, you and me both!

I'm planning on being there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 201
lee65
January 5, 2015, 10:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from barralad

I have a mate who is flying down from Aberdeen to Southampton to be there!

Well looking at the map I think the ground is very close to the airport.  I'm looking at a hotel only 0.4mils from the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 201
jonnyboy82
January 5, 2015, 10:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
You know your club is as about as low as it can be when the chairman seemingly likes to randomly log on and blame us for being excrement..

then logs on and blames the hostile fans ..

repeat repeat then logs on blames the fans and does a flounce!

flipping priceless.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 201
realist
January 5, 2015, 10:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from gytone

That post is from the heart and exactly how I feel, although I don't travel that far and live locally I've only been to 3 games this season, which for me is unheard of, i dont even listen to the radio anymore when we are away, partly because i cant be bothered to find it ! but I'm afraid I  can't take it,, unfortunately I will continue to pick and choose my games.

You are right - post of the year for me. Sums it all up nicely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 201
fleabag1970
January 5, 2015, 10:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from realist

You are right - post of the year for me. Sums it all up nicely

bang on the money , we are all slowly falling out of love with our club ........................................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 201
ivanosandwich
January 5, 2015, 10:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Quoted from fleabag1970

bang on the money , we are all slowly falling out of love with our club ........................................

You speak for yourself....not all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 201
fleabag1970
January 5, 2015, 10:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from ivanosandwich

You speak for yourself....not all.

Sorry ..............Most .  Although most of 3000  is not good which ever way you cook it up

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 201
barralad
January 5, 2015, 10:20pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from fleabag1970

I'd appreciate it if you didn't speak for me-drama prince!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 201
petethemariner
January 5, 2015, 10:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Quoted from chaos33
I agree with you BC, and might I add what a tawdry f@cking mess this whole thing is. Pathetic. If Town would only stop being sh1t, then we could avoid all of these ugly and unnecessary conflagrations.

I will repeat something I have often said - Grimsby Town are very, very lucky to receive the level of support that they do. If it weren't for the perpetual failures and the insulting comments and lack of commitment, BP would be bustling and rocking. What angers and saddens me is that it is all there for the taking. If only we had people with real ability employed in key positions at the club, and were doing the business on the pitch then this would be some club to play for - going up and going places, instead of sinking like a f***ing stone and cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Totally agree Chaos, GTFC is still a great club, a club of status and one with a history to be proud of, that level of pride can be restored
quickly  with the right people in the key roles, but that situation seems a million miles away, if the club isn't allowed to self destruct
it will return, but not under this regimes turgid footbalI IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 201
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.