Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 283 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,514 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 5, 2015, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from fleabag1970

bang on the money , we are all slowly falling out of love with our club ........................................

I'll never fall out of love with GTFC but I despair at the state it's in.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 201
fleabag1970
January 5, 2015, 10:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I just said sorry

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 201
jonnyboy82
January 5, 2015, 10:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from fleabag1970
I just said sorry

you dont have to apologise..

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 201
Mrs Doyle
January 5, 2015, 10:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from GrimRob

If the manager, players and directors all look elsewhere then we'll be looking back on this as a glorious era.

fcing hell it's hardly the great Roman Empire someone send for Brutus, Hail Brutus!!

GTFC was a once proud club with good honest players who would run through brick walls. Fenty is only a custodian I have supported this club over 50 years long before he was here seen the highs and lows but none as bad as the last few years. I WILL NOT GROVEL to anyone if they feck off it's to their faIlings Rob NOT THE FANS.  Certainly not a few on here.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 201
chicaneuk
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from pontoonlew
John,

Over the past 2-3 seasons, this football club has drained the absolute life out of me. I'll support this club through thick and thin, I travel a 400 mile round trip just to make a home game. I've properly supported this club since that famous day in 98, since then i've seen little success but I tell you what I've seen some passion, some grit and i've been entertained. I've seen players like Pouton bust a bollock for the club, I saw Jevons score 'that' goal at Anfield, I've seen Andy Todd grab the club from certain relegation and I've seen a team do us stupidly proud by over achieving in the Championship year after year. I think deep down we all knew the clubs standing in the Championship wouldn't last forever, I can accept where we are now.

What I cannot accept, is the passion and grit that has been ripped away from it all. The entertainment that the current manager has drained from it, I don't like going to games anymore, I chose to do different things and I feel robbed of the club that I originally fell in love with. I don't really care if i've missed a 1-0 home win against Dover, the chances are I wouldn't had enjoyed it anyway! Then you come on here, you goad the fans who have stuck with this club through everything, you goad those fans who DARE to say they're sick of it. For a club who have fallen so far it's stunning that we're even this patient but I for one am totally sick of it now. I'm sick of going to a game, travelling 400 miles to get there and back, to see a toothless, heartless performance and then to top it all off, the manager comes on the radio and tells me it's my fault! It's my fault he's drained all the entertainment from the club i've supported for the majority of my life, it's my fault he sits back and plays shite, negative boring football week in week out. You and others at the club seem to think that we should just accept that? Who bloody cares if we 'got the result' when the fun isn't there anymore? Unless something changes we'll not have enough to get out of this league.

I have defended you for years, I dread to think where we'd be without you. But to blame the fans after the absolute shite you've overseen in the past 10 or so years is an absolute flipping insult to the time, effort, money and pain i've invested supporting the rubbish currently on show.

Unquestionably one of the best posts I've ever read on here! Well said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 201
ivanosandwich
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from fleabag1970
I just said sorry

Yes and it was noted, cheers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 201
friskneymariner
January 5, 2015, 10:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from petethemariner

Totally agree Chaos, GTFC is still a great club, a club of status and one with a history to be proud of, that level of pride can be restored
quickly  with the right people in the key roles, but that situation seems a million miles away, if the club isn't allowed to self destruct
it will return, but not under this regimes turgid footbalI IMO

But before that can happen the people running it need to be able to develop some insight into the impact of their actions,do you think they have the ability to constructively reflect.I don't I consider that they have developed a siege mentality and this manifests itself in dogmatic defensive responses as we are currently witnessing.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 201
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 5, 2015, 10:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Does JF not see the contradiction here?

"Never once have I blamed the fans for anything.

Like it or not, BP is hostile for the home-side according to some players."

If that isn't blaming the fans I don't know what is.

The problem with him posting is that he chose the wrong name. Instead of GETYOURFACTSRIGHT it should have been ICANTFACETHEFACTS.

He has spent upwards of 10 years avoiding the issue that under his control the club has gone downhill at speed and has shown little sign of reversing the trend. I am sick and tired of the "let's accept we are in the Conference" and "automatic promotion is still possible" stuff. If the man was serious about improving things he would stop trying the run the club like his business and sit down with people who know how to plan football progress.

He would look back for guidance and see how Buckley made the marque signing of Garry Birtles when we were in the dumps and so inspired the crowd and players alike. He would storm into the manager's office and ask him why on earth he has wasted his money on yet another "promising" squad player. He would snap back at the sniping players and tell them that it was their job to build the support not the supporters and maybe they should start by buying a huge mirror for the dressing room wall.

He might think that leaving the Fishy as a poster is a good idea. Maybe it is. But it won't stop people who have supported the club through thick and thin and seen it suffer under his stewardship from reminding him of the facts even if he can't face them.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 201
Mariner16
January 5, 2015, 10:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
...but what about the orange?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 201
Badger57
January 5, 2015, 10:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from pontoonlew
John,

Over the past 2-3 seasons, this football club has drained the absolute life out of me. I'll support this club through thick and thin, I travel a 400 mile round trip just to make a home game. I've properly supported this club since that famous day in 98, since then i've seen little success but I tell you what I've seen some passion, some grit and i've been entertained. I've seen players like Pouton bust a bollock for the club, I saw Jevons score 'that' goal at Anfield, I've seen Andy Todd grab the club from certain relegation and I've seen a team do us stupidly proud by over achieving in the Championship year after year. I think deep down we all knew the clubs standing in the Championship wouldn't last forever, I can accept where we are now.

What I cannot accept, is the passion and grit that has been ripped away from it all. The entertainment that the current manager has drained from it, I don't like going to games anymore, I chose to do different things and I feel robbed of the club that I originally fell in love with. I don't really care if i've missed a 1-0 home win against Dover, the chances are I wouldn't had enjoyed it anyway! Then you come on here, you goad the fans who have stuck with this club through everything, you goad those fans who DARE to say they're sick of it. For a club who have fallen so far it's stunning that we're even this patient but I for one am totally sick of it now. I'm sick of going to a game, travelling 400 miles to get there and back, to see a toothless, heartless performance and then to top it all off, the manager comes on the radio and tells me it's my fault! It's my fault he's drained all the entertainment from the club i've supported for the majority of my life, it's my fault he sits back and plays shite, negative boring football week in week out. You and others at the club seem to think that we should just accept that? Who bloody cares if we 'got the result' when the fun isn't there anymore? Unless something changes we'll not have enough to get out of this league.

I have defended you for years, I dread to think where we'd be without you. But to blame the fans after the absolute shite you've overseen in the past 10 or so years is an absolute flipping insult to the time, effort, money and pain i've invested supporting the rubbish currently on show.

Post of the year!  Says everything a lot of us have been thinking for a good while.
Brilliant, well done mate!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 201
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.