Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 146 Guests

Good By My Fishy Friends

This thread currently has 28,487 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
January 5, 2015, 9:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Drunken ramblings then self-enforced exile? Getyourfactsright = BP Vicar II.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 201
MuddyWaters
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

Reading between the lines there have been some interesting observations in what he has said. Even in this final post most people have overlooked a key point. John speaks to the players none of us do, if some of them are saying the crowd are a problem for them, then shouldn't we stand up and take note? Rob Scott lost it with a supporter, PH has come close to snapping in some of his interviews, now JF has reached some final straw with the relentless criticism. What hope have we got if the people who actually run and play for the club are losing faith with the supporters?

So he talks to the players? Well Sherlock, he pays their wages through the money we put through the turnstiles! So he should tell them,when he grows a set, that the fans deserve respect, commitment and appropriate effort for their continued support in spite of the years of failure under his tenure.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 201
lee65
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
I cant truly believe that the actual John Fenty can't spell "Goodbye".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 201
carrot top
January 5, 2015, 9:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GrimRob

Reading between the lines there have been some interesting observations in what he has said. Even in this final post most people have overlooked a key point. John speaks to the players none of us do, if some of them are saying the crowd are a problem for them, then shouldn't we stand up and take note? Rob Scott lost it with a supporter, PH has come close to snapping in some of his interviews, now JF has reached some final straw with the relentless criticism. What hope have we got if the people who actually run and play for the club are losing faith with the supporters?

I have heard it all now. Losing faith in the supporters. If that us the case then maybe they should look elsewhere to ply their trade. It is the supporters who are reaching the final straw. Wake up!

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 201
friskneymariner
January 5, 2015, 9:43pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Gets more like a Shakespearian tragedy everyday.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 201
lew chaterleys lover
January 5, 2015, 9:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,648
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from GrimRob

I didn't hear anyone complaining when we are out of our seats cheering our heads off or standing in our hundreds on a cold windswept non league ground hundreds of miles away.

I don't know what you are getting at. What other fans would remain loyal and in reasonable humour after what we have endured?

You should have seen the Luton forum before they got it together - it was xxx rated.

Private Message
Reply: 45 - 201
fleabag1970
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I think the Full time pro that said this should go get another job and play for Hyde

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 201
GrimRob

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from carrot top

I have heard it all now. Losing faith in the supporters. If that us the case then maybe they should look elsewhere to ply their trade. It is the supporters who are reaching the final straw. Wake up!

If the manager, players and directors all look elsewhere then we'll be looking back on this as a glorious era.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 201
BIGChris
January 5, 2015, 9:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GrimRob

I hope that non of our poor little players ever end up playing for Millwall or similar. They would then know a hostile home crowd!

I don't condone abuse of home players but when someone puts in the sort of half arsed performance like one in particular did in the 2nd half on NYD then i totally understand fans giving them some abuse.

Players have to realise that even at this level it isnt all 'unlucky chaps', What is demanded is heart on the sleeve effort. Give your all for every second you are on the pitch and the BP crowd will back the players to the hilt and make it an even more hostile environment, for the opposition!

No player will get any abuse if they are seen to be giving their very best ALL of the time

My view is that the decision to stop posting is totally the correct one in the best interests of JF and the professionalism of the club. I was always of the view that the director/major shareholder/ex chairman should never have even considered coming on an unofficial site in the first place but clearly others disagree.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 201
MuddyWaters
January 5, 2015, 9:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from BIGChris

I hope that non of our poor little players ever end up playing for Millwall or similar. They would then know a hostile home crowd!

I don't condone abuse of home players but when someone puts in the sort of half arsed performance like one in particular did in the 2nd half on NYD then i totally understand fans giving them some abuse.

Players have to realise that even at this level it isnt all 'unlucky chaps', What is demanded is heart on the sleeve effort. Give your all for every second you are on the pitch and the BP crowd will back the players to the hilt and make it an even more hostile environment, for the opposition!

No player will get any abuse if they are seen to be giving their very best ALL of the time

My view is that the decision to stop posting is totally the correct one in the best interests of JF and the professionalism of the club. I was always of the view that the director/major shareholder/ex chairman should never have even considered coming on an unofficial site in the first place but clearly others disagree.

Sensible stuff BC, but he decided to put his head over the parapet.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 201
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good By My Fishy Friends

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.