Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

The truth of hillsborough

This thread currently has 27,688 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 12, 2012, 7:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 1054

Those that have broken the law. . . Thats sort of how the legal system works!

Perverting the course of justice, involuntary manslaughter, abuse of power in public office. . . That's how the law works. . . Not by garnering the opinion of posters on a messageboard!

Agreed. But could you be specific? Which individuals do you think were guilty of these crimes? Some seem obvious but there must be a good few dead or hidden away. To establish that will need something like the Bloody Sunday investigation. That took years and cost millions. Mind you I did notice Michael Mansfield was involved in that as well.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 173
Mrs Doyle
September 12, 2012, 7:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
At long last the police and government have admitted this was a complete cover up now to get those verdicts overturned and those accountable brought to justice.

To Rupert Murdoch and his shitrag paper the Scum your time is over pal you are finished hang your head in shame .  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 173
RoboCod
September 12, 2012, 7:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
At long last the police and government have admitted this was a complete cover up now to get those verdicts overturned and those accountable brought to justice.

To Rupert Murdoch and his shitrag paper the Scum your time is over pal you are finished hang your head in shame .  

Coming so quickly on top of the phone hacking story you really would hope that a tabloid or two would go under. Getting this country back on its feet would start with a cleansing of our despicable press imo.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 173
Mrs Doyle
September 12, 2012, 7:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from aaron rattray
my respect for david cameron has gone up through the roof as i suspect many others will regard david cameron much higher now

Don't be so naive aaron Camoron knew the way this was going he simply got advised to go along with it to increase his popularity.

Thatcher was in power at the time she was probably advised to go along with the false views at the time.

whether she was fully aware of the truth will never be revealed I suspect.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 173
ska face
September 12, 2012, 8:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from grimps
[quote=293]I see that Kelvin MacKenzie is now offering his "profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool". what an absolute cretin.[/qu

Yeah he's a sharp object but he was only reporting the Police lies that he was being fed ,same goes for Thatcher.

Dogshit - http://www.independent.co.uk/n.....h-story-8117772.html
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 173
kingofthekippers
September 12, 2012, 8:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from grimps

I dont know what justice they are seeking now mate ?
nobody who got up that morning wanted anybody to die later in the day,the only comfort these people can take now is that they know it can never happen again.
Id have been more drunk off if i had lost family in the Ibrox disaster which resulted in nothing changing and the same things happening again.

Justice is not about seeing the truth being revealed; that should be a given and in this case was something that took 23 years to happen. Justice is about seeing those responsible for their actions being brought before a court of law.

Someone mentioned the missing CCTV tape of the gates being opened - that was discovered in the archives of Yorkshire Television in 1995. To this day no one knows how it got there.

Whatever happens at least everyone now knows what some of us had always strongly suspected - South Yorkshire Police lied that day to cover their own failings.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 173
FishOutOfWater
September 12, 2012, 8:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Don't be so naive aaron Camoron knew the way this was going he simply got advised to go along with it to increase his popularity.

Thatcher was in power at the time she was probably advised to go along with the false views at the time.

whether she was fully aware of the truth will never be revealed I suspect.

The truth and Thatcher.....I just don't see the two going together
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 96 - 173
FishOutOfWater
September 12, 2012, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from RoboCod
I'm pretty sure a dossier of names could be made up from all of those documents and those people made to account for their stories.
Personally I'd start with Irvine Patnick, the Sheffield MP of the time who I'm pretty certain began the chain of lies that certain parts of the media grabbed hold of. He was very certain of what he had believed to have happened, even going as far as to say he'd met police officers who'd told of the fans beating up police officers, that he'd seen the bruises on them to back this up, and that these officers had confirmed the fans were all in a drunken state. I'd just like to see if he would be prepared to repeat what he said on oath.
He certainly should be accountable for his very damaging words that day.  

Funny that I should just have read this then....

The 82-year-old refused to speak to reporters as he left his home in the south-west of Sheffield this afternoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 97 - 173
marinette
September 12, 2012, 9:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
I'm surprised at some things that have come out of this.

I'm surprised that the cover-up has been exposed at all.  I would have thought that if documents had been falsified or destroyed then the perpetrators would have made a good job of it and no evidence or trace would have been left behind.  It kind of gives me hope that the truth has still managed to find its way out officially, in spite of everything.

The other thing that surprises me is that lives could have been saved if the emergency services had reacted more quickly.  I'm not naive about the police - I've witnessed police behaviour that has shocked me in the past, and I have direct experience of the way Liverpool fans were shoved around and treated like scum, but I  still cannot really believe that the police would deliberately deny access to medical attention when a large number of people were clearly dying right in front of their eyes.  Was it that there were not enough medical people / ambulances available at the time to deal with the numbers?  And if so, whose fault was that?

If there was a cover up over this - if the media and the state can collaborate in such a way to deliberately deceive the general population - how many other cover ups have there been that we don't know about?  Are things going to change and become more open?  

Liverpool fans, on the day, actually did more to save people's lives than the police, when the tragedy was first unfolding.  That is a fact.  And yet it was Liverpool fans who were forced to collectively take the blame.  I can understand that mistakes were made, I can understand why the authorities were afraid of the consequences - but I can't forgive them for dishonestly trying to apportion the blame onto others, who were suffering enough.  That's unforgiveable.

Private Message
Reply: 98 - 173
mariner83
September 12, 2012, 9:08pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 99 - 173
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.