Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

The truth of hillsborough

This thread currently has 27,687 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
September 12, 2012, 1:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Maringer

Anyway, as for the report, as expected the cause was a complete balls-up by the Police and other emergency services. What compounds the tragedy is that lives could have been saved even after the crush had the emergency services entered the stadium and tried to resuscitate some of the victims.

Reprehensible that the police attempted to cover their arses to shamelessly and the Tory MP, Patnick, sounds like a right piece of work.

This. I've heard a few people in recent months/weeks asking 'what truth exactly do these people want?' as if this enquiry was just something trivial in a world with an at-times trivial appeals system.  I think it was shown today. A few people need to look at themselves, a few should be questioned but the most upsetting part was that 59 fans could possibly have been saved. There's the truth, it was a cover up and vindication is now official but the details such as those, although rightly demanded can bring no comfort at all to the relatives.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 173
Rodley Mariner
September 12, 2012, 1:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Many on this thread are still propogating the myth that somehow Liverpool fans share responsibility for that day - hopefully that will now end and people will accept they were blameless innocents. There is no evidence at all to suggest criminality, violence, drunkenness or ticketlessness occurred in any significant manner.

I also wonder whether those who suggest today was pointless and that 'sleeping dogs should lie' still feel the same? Surely people have to be brought to account for there actions on the day. I find the widespread altering of statements and the conscious police attempt to shift blame onto the fans utterly reprehensible and those responsible should be dealt with through the correct legal channels.

I hope I never have to hear the suggestion that football fans caused the deaths that day ever again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 173
FishOutOfWater
September 12, 2012, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Hagrid

not at all he is a girl private! he has said what that female dog thatcher should have said 20 years ago,  

As she once famously said, "The Lady's not for turning"... especially when something didn't suit her, the Hillsborough cover up being a case in point.

There's no way she would have done a "U" turn and tried to get the truth and to the bottom of what happened
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 173
Gary Haddock
September 12, 2012, 1:43pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Will there be any charges? I mean isn't it conspiracy, negligence and obstructing of justice.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 173
grimps
September 12, 2012, 2:53pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,123
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

As she once famously said, "The Lady's not for turning"... especially when something didn't suit her, the Hillsborough cover up being a case in point.

There's no way she would have done a "U" turn and tried to get the truth and to the bottom of what happened

I suspect Thatcher like most of the rest of us back then wouldnt have thought it possible that an whole police force could lie and cover up for each other like the south yorkshire one did.The innocents of believing that our Bobbies are good people is long since gone.I know people might say that there are some good coppers ect but out of all those 100s on duty that day how many came forward and put their honest accounts to the inquiry or the public ?

The real scum was in uniform that day
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 173
Manchester Mariner
September 12, 2012, 3:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
I see that Kelvin MacKenzie is now offering his "profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool". what an absolute cretin.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 173
Gary Haddock
September 12, 2012, 3:30pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
I see that Kelvin MacKenzie is now offering his "profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool". what an absolute cretin.

I think he should stand in the middle of anfield in front of a packed scouse crowd, and let him apoligise then and see what the scouser think to his apoligy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 173
grimps
September 12, 2012, 3:40pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
[quote=293]I see that Kelvin MacKenzie is now offering his "profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool". what an absolute cretin.[/qu

Yeah he's a sharp object but he was only reporting the Police lies that he was being fed ,same goes for Thatcher.
As much as people would like to blame this on a right wing Tory cover up the real flilth are the flith.
Why did thye need to cover up and lie in the first place ?
If the had held their hands up straight away and admited they made some terrible mistakes that they would make sure would never happen again people probably could have forgive them.
Yes one or two of them would have been passed over for promotions and the odd one might have been fired for incompetence but now surely these people have to go to jail?
The police lied back in 1989 ,they will still lie today and the will lie tomorrow nothing well ever change there
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 173
psgmariner
September 12, 2012, 4:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

Boris Johnson has some apologising to do as well.

His article on Scousers certainly laid the blame at drunken fans and not the police. Still he is such a ruddy character isn't he?

Not sure singling the police out as the ones with sole responsibility for this is appropiate. Lots of contributing factors making the blame game very unjust.

Private Message
Reply: 68 - 173
grimps
September 12, 2012, 4:08pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

Boris Johnson has some apologising to do as well.

His article on Scousers certainly laid the blame at drunken fans and not the police. Still he is such a ruddy character isn't he?

Not sure singling the police out as the ones with sole responsibility for this is appropiate. Lots of contributing factors making the blame game very unjust.

Theres a diffrence between making stupid statements in a newspaper and perjury,I hope any of the Police that changed statements or even the ones that stood silent and said nothing die in jail
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 173
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.