Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

The truth of hillsborough

This thread currently has 27,412 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
September 11, 2012, 7:39am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I watched it on itv and as a Liverpool fan i shall be eagerly awaiting the verdict tomorrow, to be fair to pc david duckenfield he didn't mean for people to die and it isn't his fault he was so inexperienced, but he shouldn't of lied, also one person who lost his 2 daughters went to get a coffee and went into a side pen, that probably saved his life, reminds of alfreton away last season

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 173
Marinerz93
September 11, 2012, 8:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Overall blame lays with the Police for opening the gates no doubt but those pushing to get in and be honest it happened at every big game including ones for Town are to blame too.  I don't see why an inquiry was needed.  There is blame on both sides, partially with those fans who were saying heave and pushing and the majority of blame lays at the feet of the Police for not policing those out side the ground and opening the gates.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 173
Super Clive
September 11, 2012, 8:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Just argued on facebook with someone who still believes it was the fans fault. The fans just wanted to get in and out of the crush taking place at the gates. How is that their fault? They went where the police told them to go. And going by the documentary the police ignored cries for help before they opened the gates and even when they did open the gates they still ignored the cries for help. The truth needs to be told to let the people who still blame the fans know that it wasn't their fault at all. R.I.P. 96.

It seems you argue alot on Facebook, Jeremy Kyle's ideal guest?  

I agree though it was never the fans fault.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 173
RoboCod
September 11, 2012, 8:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Marinerz93
Overall blame lays with the Police for opening the gates no doubt but those pushing to get in and be honest it happened at every big game including ones for Town are to blame too.  I don't see why an inquiry was needed.  There is blame on both sides, partially with those fans who were saying heave and pushing and the majority of blame lays at the feet of the Police for not policing those out side the ground and opening the gates.

The serious issues need addressing, if it's what the families of those who lost loved ones want then that's a good enough reason for one I think. The blame that was laid at the fans feet which was later disproven, the missing CCTV tape, the awful conclusion that the fatalities had all stopped breathing by 3.15, later disproven, the decision to kick off on time while a huge crowd was still waiting to get in through an ancient turnstyle system into a ground lacking a valid safety certificate, the one single ambulance that made it through and a whole load of other mistakes and quite deliberate actions that compounded this tragedy all of which are now officially documented and viewable.

Hopefully this will all be finally addressed and the families at least can move on a little and the yearly blame game will stop. That's all that one can realistically hope for.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 173
Marinerz93
September 11, 2012, 8:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from RoboCod

The serious issues need addressing, if it's what the families of those who lost loved ones want then that's a good enough reason for one I think. The blame that was laid at the fans feet which was later disproven, the missing CCTV tape, the awful conclusion that the fatalities had all stopped breathing by 3.15, later disproven, the decision to kick off on time while a huge crowd was still waiting to get in through an ancient turnstyle system into a ground lacking a valid safety certificate, the one single ambulance that made it through and a whole load of other mistakes and quite deliberate actions that compounded this tragedy all of which are now officially documented and viewable.

Hopefully this will all be finally addressed and the families at least can move on a little and the yearly blame game will stop. That's all that one can realistically hope for.

Fair points RoboCod an excellently put across.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 173
Alfie
September 11, 2012, 8:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from aaron rattray
I watched it on itv and as a Liverpool fan i shall be eagerly awaiting the verdict tomorrow, to be fair to pc david duckenfield he didn't mean for people to die and it isn't his fault he was so inexperienced, but he shouldn't of lied, also one person who lost his 2 daughters went to get a coffee and went into a side pen, that probably saved his life, reminds of alfreton away last season

My lord, you're a moron.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 173
crusty ole pie
September 11, 2012, 10:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,311
Gold Stars: 62
I always feel that the main fault was the design of the stand limitless amount of people entering by a tunnel onto a top feeding stand pure recipe for disaster and the fencing fans were treat no better then convicts in those days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 173
louth_in_the_south
September 11, 2012, 10:48am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
One of the worst parts of the hillsborough tragedy was seeing hundreds , if not more , Liverpool fans jumping the turnstiles at the 2 European cup finals they got to after . I would've thought that Liverpool fans would've been the last to do this with such a tragedy in living memory for those fans .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 173
roundballovalhole
September 11, 2012, 11:10am
Guest User
It wasn't the Liverpool fans' fault. . .

Heysel. . . That was their fault!
Reply: 18 - 173
ROKERITE
September 11, 2012, 12:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +414
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from marinette
Of course, at the time, there was a fair bit of trouble surrounding football in general, relating to the behaviour of some so-called fans, so it's probably not surprising that the police were unsympathetic to people who wanted to get onto the pitch. It's clear to me that those police weren't aware of the seriousness of the situation or of the tragedy that was unfolding.  I think the main problem was lack of communication between the police / stewards outside the ground and those inside it.  But anyway, in my mind I relate Hillsborough to football violence - I see the two as interconnected, but not in an obvious way.  I detest the stupid glorification that we hear now of the violence surrounding football before Hillsborough - in my opinion, that violence led indirectly to real tragedy in the end.  If people (and I'm referring to the minority who were always looking for trouble) had behaved like civilised human beings, there would have been no need to put up those cages to segregate supporters and it would have been so much easier for the victims to escape from the Leppings Lane End.

A very sensible post Marinette.
It seems to me there is a vindictive desire amongst many to find someone (preferably the police or government) to blame for the tragedy.There isn't someONE to blame, there are many, and none had any idea of the horrific result of their actions.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 173
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.