Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

The truth of hillsborough

This thread currently has 27,692 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
September 12, 2012, 9:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from marinette
I'm surprised at some things that have come out of this.

I'm surprised that the cover-up has been exposed at all.  I would have thought that if documents had been falsified or destroyed then the perpetrators would have made a good job of it and no evidence or trace would have been left behind.  It kind of gives me hope that the truth has still managed to find its way out officially, in spite of everything.

The other thing that surprises me is that lives could have been saved if the emergency services had reacted more quickly.  I'm not naive about the police - I've witnessed police behaviour that has shocked me in the past, and I have direct experience of the way Liverpool fans were shoved around and treated like scum, but I  still cannot really believe that the police would deliberately deny access to medical attention when a large number of people were clearly dying right in front of their eyes.  Was it that there were not enough medical people / ambulances available at the time to deal with the numbers?  And if so, whose fault was that?

If there was a cover up over this - if the media and the state can collaborate in such a way to deliberately deceive the general population - how many other cover ups have there been that we don't know about?  Are things going to change and become more open?  

Liverpool fans, on the day, actually did more to save people's lives than the police, when the tragedy was first unfolding.  That is a fact.  And yet it was Liverpool fans who were forced to collectively take the blame.  I can understand that mistakes were made, I can understand why the authorities were afraid of the consequences - but I can't forgive them for dishonestly trying to apportion the blame onto others, who were suffering enough.  That's unforgiveable.

Well put Marinette
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 100 - 173
mariner83
September 12, 2012, 9:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from marinette
I'm surprised at some things that have come out of this.

I'm surprised that the cover-up has been exposed at all.  I would have thought that if documents had been falsified or destroyed then the perpetrators would have made a good job of it and no evidence or trace would have been left behind.  It kind of gives me hope that the truth has still managed to find its way out officially, in spite of everything.

The other thing that surprises me is that lives could have been saved if the emergency services had reacted more quickly.  I'm not naive about the police - I've witnessed police behaviour that has shocked me in the past, and I have direct experience of the way Liverpool fans were shoved around and treated like scum, but I  still cannot really believe that the police would deliberately deny access to medical attention when a large number of people were clearly dying right in front of their eyes.  Was it that there were not enough medical people / ambulances available at the time to deal with the numbers?  And if so, whose fault was that?

If there was a cover up over this - if the media and the state can collaborate in such a way to deliberately deceive the general population - how many other cover ups have there been that we don't know about?  Are things going to change and become more open?  

Liverpool fans, on the day, actually did more to save people's lives than the police, when the tragedy was first unfolding.  That is a fact.  And yet it was Liverpool fans who were forced to collectively take the blame.  I can understand that mistakes were made, I can understand why the authorities were afraid of the consequences - but I can't forgive them for dishonestly trying to apportion the blame onto others, who were suffering enough.  That's unforgiveable.

Well said!!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 101 - 173
ska face
September 12, 2012, 9:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from marinette

44 ambulances arrived at the stadium but police let only one onto the pitch. According to the ITV documentary last night, the ambulance crews were told by police that the fans were "still fighting" inside the ground, and were stopped from attending to the dying fans.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 173
ExLeightonMariner
September 12, 2012, 9:41pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / -6
I feel very very sad for the families of the 96.  I watched the dreadful scenes live on tv and it was truly horrific.  But here we are many many years on, is it really about closure or is it now about finding someone accountable so that massive compensation claims can be lodged?  That's a question by the way, not a statement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 173
ska face
September 12, 2012, 9:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
That's a fairly classless thing to say when there are families who had to bury their flipping children and have spent the last 23 years hearing how it was all their own fault.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 173
Gary Haddock
September 12, 2012, 9:49pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from ExLeightonMariner
I feel very very sad for the families of the 96.  I watched the dreadful scenes live on tv and it was truly horrific.  But here we are many many years on, is it really about closure or is it now about finding someone accountable so that massive compensation claims can be lodged?  That's a question by the way, not a statement.

I think for most, it's so that everyone knows the truth instead of being lead to believe lies. Liverpool fans had been made to look the villains, when it wasn't them at all and the cover ups, there was many laws broken, and the culprits should be brought to justice.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 173
ExLeightonMariner
September 12, 2012, 9:51pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Gary Haddock

I think for most, it's so that everyone knows the truth instead of being lead to believe lies. Liverpool fans had been made to look the villains, when it wasn't them at all and the cover ups, there was many laws broken, and the culprits should be brought to justice.

So there won't be a deluge of compensation claims then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 173
Rodley Mariner
September 12, 2012, 9:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177

It's a pretty horrible question. You're effectively asking if people are bothered about getting some justice for their dead children or are just after a bit of compo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 173
Gary Haddock
September 12, 2012, 9:53pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6

So there won't be a deluge of compensation claims then?

No

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 173
ExLeightonMariner
September 12, 2012, 9:56pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from ska face
That's a fairly classless thing to say when there are families who had to bury their flipping children and have spent the last 23 years hearing how it was all their own fault.

On the contrary, the police have been consistently blamed by the media.  It shouldn't be about blame, it was a fooking tragedy.  It should be about learning so that it can never happen again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 173
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.