Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

The truth of hillsborough

This thread currently has 27,611 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
ExLeightonMariner
September 12, 2012, 10:54pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / -6
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Yes he did blame the police due to the vast evidence proving their culpability in the events. The end wasn't full - there were big sections of empty space in the corner pens but the police continued to direct people to the hugely over-crowded middle section. The police weren't solely to blame but the fans have been proven not to be at fault.

If you're posting seriously and not on the wind up I suggest you do some basic research on what's been established about the events of that day as you're clearly extremely ignorant of it at the moment. You seem keen to stand up for the police. This is the same police who doctored 116 of 164 statements, who denied access to ambulances who could have saved potentially 40 lives due to 'fighting' that wasn't taking place, who deliberately engineered a narrative blaming Liverpool fans to cover their own culpability and who were completely unable to do the job they were employed to do that day and protect the people in that football ground.

I heard on the radio that there were 400,000 pieces of evidence, I didn't realise you'd read them all and come up with a solution that some of the finest legal minds in the country had been missed for 23 years.  Please accept my apologies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 173
Gary Haddock
September 12, 2012, 10:57pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from I am Um Bongo

How is me mentioning that you think throwing money at people who lost their relatives is the answer? Sounds like you can't come up with a reasonable response, and no you didn't tread on my ego, I never even posted in that thread, i just thought you made yourself sound like a massive ego who gloats on forums to try and make himself feel superior.

Hate to stick up for exleightonmariner but he did bring up a reasonable response to this though he does seem arogant to the new evidance. There are sick and twisted people out there who would use such situations to claim compensation, but not in this case, they just want the truth to be known, and those responsible to be brought to justice.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 173
Rodley Mariner
September 12, 2012, 10:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from ExLeightonMariner

I heard on the radio that there were 400,000 pieces of evidence, I didn't realise you'd read them all and come up with a solution that some of the finest legal minds in the country had been missed for 23 years.  Please accept my apologies.

Surprisingly I haven't but the panel who've announced their findings today have and I'm informed by what they've announced. What are you basing your assertion that it was drunk, ticketless fans on? Aaron Rattray and Gary Haddock have easily grasped what's been announced today and you're struggling to do so. That should concern you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 173
I am Um Bongo
September 12, 2012, 11:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Hate to stick up for exleightonmariner but he did bring up a reasonable response to this though he does seem arogant to the new evidance. There are sick and twisted people out there who would use such situations to claim compensation, but not in this case, they just want the truth to be known, and those responsible to be brought to justice.

Justice shouldn't necessarily be reflected by financial gain in this sort of situation though, unless News International are forced to pay compensation for those effected by the blatant lies they published, which wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 173
Gary Haddock
September 12, 2012, 11:03pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from I am Um Bongo

Justice shouldn't necessarily be reflected by financial gain in this sort of situation though, unless News International are forced to pay compensation for those effected by the blatant lies they published, which wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

I agree.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 173
ska face
September 12, 2012, 11:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,549
Gold Stars: 838
Quoted from ExLeightonMariner

No, but the Hillsborough Independant Panel have, and they've even summed everything up for you in a report: http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/

I suggest you have a flick through that, or a newspaper tomorrow, and come back once you've got half an idea what you're talking about.
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 173
I am Um Bongo
September 12, 2012, 11:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3
Quoted from ska face

No, but the Hillsborough Independant Panel have, and they've even summed everything up for you in a report: http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/

I suggest you have a flick through that, or a newspaper tomorrow, and come back once you've got half an idea what you're talking about.

If there was a like button, my pink feet would be pressing it right about now.

I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 173
marinette
September 12, 2012, 11:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

police...who denied access to ambulances who could have saved potentially 40 lives due to 'fighting' that wasn't taking place,  

Can't get my head around that.  Should be able to, because I've seen something kind of vaguely similar on a much, much smaller scale, but I can't understand it in these circumstances.  There was no fighting at Hillsborough.  Just to stand and watch people die and deny them access to medical help that was there and available?

Private Message
Reply: 137 - 173
Chrisblor
September 12, 2012, 11:16pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
It's depressing that even after today's comprehensive report there are still some idiots out there convinced Liverpool fans were to blame and we should just look the other way when faced with possibly the biggest cover-up this country has ever seen.

Honestly before I read a summary of the report today I thought the fans were at least partially at fault for the disaster. Now I know that is unequivocally not the case and my judgement was perverted by a disgusting establishment cover-up. Anyone with an ounce of sense should have the same realisation after today.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 173
The Yard Dog
September 12, 2012, 11:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
16 police officers received in total £1.5 million in compensation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 173
18 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.