Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 30 Guests

The truth of hillsborough

This thread currently has 27,414 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
September 12, 2012, 9:04am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from RoboCod

You're probably right. I'm sure all of the above will be rehashed and picked apart again next April on every forum. Todays findings are for the families though, and it's been a long time coming. Regardless of individuals views I hope that they are at least satisfied with todays report. I think satisfied is the best you could hope for after all of this time.

2:30pm they are made public, the families see them before us which is understandable

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 173
nightrider
September 12, 2012, 9:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Theyve still not learnt from Hillsborough. At the final in Athens their fans were jumping barriers, forging tickets and generally running riot. Thousands got in without tickets.
Luckily they'd only held the Olympics there a couple of years before, everthing was new so safety was good.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 173
newfootballer
September 12, 2012, 10:36am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
  Was working at L.O.R Refinery at the time of the tragic football match and the store lad was a valiant Liverpool supporter went to every match he could a  happy go lucky lively young man.

When I heard about the disaster I was praying that he was not caught up in the area where it all happened, so I was releived to see him in his usual space in his store the next day.

He was very quiet and subdued as you could understand,  the true story had not come out about how the Police had handled the whole situation when he did speak he could only say a few words and burst into tears the guy had to be sent home because he was obviously deeply traumatised.

Do you know he has never got over it when he came back to work was not the same guy at all and would not talk about it at all it really was that upsetting to him.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 173
Maringer
September 12, 2012, 10:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from BIGChris

One father of victim said in a TV interview this morning that an apology wont make any difference to him. It cannot change anything. He did say however that if one family got closure then it would be a good thing.

I understand that some of the various families involved are expecting that there will be enough damning information released to have an inquest opened, which could lead to prosecutions...

This thing is going to rumble on for some time yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 173
codcheeky
September 12, 2012, 11:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
The biggest question to ask now is why in a supposedly open democratic society it has taken so long for facts to become available, this is not a matter of national security and there is no reason whoever was to blame for anything said or done at the time to be kept secret... on the contrary if the mistakes are hidden how can things be made safer in the future
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 173
roundballovalhole
September 12, 2012, 11:37am
Guest User
All of this talk about fans arriving late, drunk and in large numbers was dispelled by the Taylor report and identified as a red herring.

When you recogniose the over involvement of News International with the police which has come to light over the last year through Leveson, you have to wonder whether the incorrect headline that LFC fans were robbing the pockets of the dead that day printed in the sun had anything to do with the police aswell!!!

There will be evidence that the police have doctored paperwork coming out later today as detailked in thnis morning's independant, papers have gone missing and all for the police to protect their own. The guardian are suggetsing that there will come to lighgt evidence about a 'black-ops' police department set up purely to media-spin against these fans and others in society.

We are living in a police state, Tomlinson was an absolute sham, the policing of demonstrations by police officers with their numbers removed from their shoulders as far back as the miners strike is all too common place nowadays.  Police officers who are under investigation for misdemeanours at work typically go off sick and are retired before any investoigation in to their conduct takes place.

Will the families get closure after today?  In my opinion, it is very unlikely.  I think their will be more anger when it comes to light that there has been a masisve attempt by the police to cover up the truth and smear the Liverpool supporters for what happened on that terrible day.
Reply: 45 - 173
cod.gtfc
September 12, 2012, 12:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
So the report is pretty damning on the police and their big coverup then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 173
RoboCod
September 12, 2012, 12:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
It's looking very bleak for the police behind the original enquiry. Some have said there were further revelations to come, but 164 statements 'significantly altered' ? The dead tested for alcohol, those with none in their system were then checked against a national crime database. Just on pure decency alone it's awful to think anyone would attempt to sully the reputations of so many men, women and children in an effort to wriggle off the hook, but how on earth could they have made it ring true anyway.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 173
FishOutOfWater
September 12, 2012, 12:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 1054
All of this talk about fans arriving late, drunk and in large numbers was dispelled by the Taylor report and identified as a red herring.

When you recogniose the over involvement of News International with the police which has come to light over the last year through Leveson, you have to wonder whether the incorrect headline that LFC fans were robbing the pockets of the dead that day printed in the sun had anything to do with the police aswell!!!

There will be evidence that the police have doctored paperwork coming out later today as detailked in thnis morning's independant, papers have gone missing and all for the police to protect their own. The guardian are suggetsing that there will come to lighgt evidence about a 'black-ops' police department set up purely to media-spin against these fans and others in society.

We are living in a police state, Tomlinson was an absolute sham, the policing of demonstrations by police officers with their numbers removed from their shoulders as far back as the miners strike is all too common place nowadays.  Police officers who are under investigation for misdemeanours at work typically go off sick and are retired before any investoigation in to their conduct takes place.

Will the families get closure after today?  In my opinion, it is very unlikely.  I think their will be more anger when it comes to light that there has been a masisve attempt by the police to cover up the truth and smear the Liverpool supporters for what happened on that terrible day.

I've got to say as much as you wind people up on here RBOH, imho this has to be your best ever post. Can't fault your logic at all...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 173
aaron rattray
September 12, 2012, 12:58pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
a fantastic statement by david cameron and ed miliband, david cameron said that no blame is attached to liverpool fans, FINALLY JUSTICE FOR THE 96!

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 173
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.