nickmariners
September 14, 2012, 9:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
Insightful article from When Saturday Comes - written at the time:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1152-september-2012/8991-post-hillsborough-disaster-editorial

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 173
RoboCod
September 14, 2012, 10:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from nickmariners
Insightful article from When Saturday Comes - written at the time:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1152-september-2012/8991-post-hillsborough-disaster-editorial

That's the best piece of journalism I've seen on the whole tragedy. Slightly unnerving to see it was written in 1989, but nobody was listening to the football fans. The piece about the police and their approach to football fans is spot on, it's hard to tell younger people brought up on Sky and all seating family stands but there was a distinctive 'us and them' feel between fans and police through the 70's and 80's and still a fair amount of it now. Thanks for the link.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 173
Garth
September 14, 2012, 11:01am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from ExLeightonMariner

You miss my point I feel.  If someone has deliberately committed a crime then I sincerely hope that justice prevails.  However, let's hope that justice is consistent and that it isn't just attributed to the easy targets. I.e. the police.

Not all that easy I would suggest, 20 + years of struggle by a commited few to unearth the truth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 173
Mrs Doyle
September 15, 2012, 7:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
    Quoted from ExLeightonMariner

"You miss my point I feel.  If someone has deliberately committed a crime then I sincerely hope that justice prevails.  However, let's hope that justice is consistent and that it isn't just attributed to the easy targets. I.e. the police."

YOU MISS THE POINT SPECTACULARLY.

Replace the word POLICE with football fans or "Animals" as the police called them at the time.

It's what happened twenty odd years ago.(FACT) have you not listened to any of it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 173
18 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.