Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

The truth of hillsborough

This thread currently has 27,685 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Gary Haddock
September 12, 2012, 11:19pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from The Yard Dog
16 police officers received in total £1.5 million in compensation

Compensation for what?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 173
lawless29
September 12, 2012, 11:26pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
Quoted from aaron rattray

but he has apologised, he wasnt forced too!

why wasnt he forced it had intercourse all to do with him he apolgised due to his partys mistakes not because he flipping cares

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 173
lawless29
September 12, 2012, 11:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
if ppl behaved at football matches. there would of been no need for fences

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 173
The Yard Dog
September 12, 2012, 11:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
I have read the summary of Hillsborough Indenpdent Panel Report (see below) and it stated 16 police officers had received in total £1.5 million in compensation.  There was no breakdown or details in the summary, maybe more details in the full 389 page report.  

Chapter 7. Civil litigation
The documents disclosed to the Panel show that SYP sought to avoid any admission of
liability in the settlement of compensation claims and in contribution proceedings against other organisations. SYP officers who claimed compensation were pressured within the Force to withdraw their claims.
91. The decision by SYP to settle certain categories of compensation claims from the injured and bereaved in November 1989 was sudden and taken for legal and tactical reasons. It was made deliberately without any admission of liability so as not to prejudice the position of any police officers subsequently under criminal investigation.
92. Following legal action by SYP, other organisations agreed to contribute to the payment of compensation to the injured and bereaved as follows:• Sheffield Wednesday Football Club – £1.5 million• the Club’s engineers Eastwood & Partners – £1.5 million• Sheffield City Council – £1 million.
93. It was estimated that total compensation to the injured and bereaved might reach£12 million, suggesting that SYP would have accepted two-thirds of the liability and the other organisations one-third. Ultimately the cost of compensation rose to£19.8 million. SYP’s public liability insurance cover was limited to £8.5 million. The remainder of the total was paid from the Police Authority’s financial reserves and through special payments from the Home Office.
94. Compensation claims from SYP officers caused considerable tension within the Force. Senior officers viewed the claims with ‘great concern’ and junior officers felt ‘immense pressure’ from the Force to withdraw them. SYP accepted internally that they had ‘no defence’ in relation to a category of claims in late 1992, but did not agree to make payments until mid-1995. This was a strategic decision to deter‘copy-cat’ claims. Those claims not settled were successfully defended in court.£1.5 million was ultimately paid out by SYP to 16 officers. The costs were met from the Force’s employers’ insurance cover.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 173
Mrs Doyle
September 13, 2012, 12:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Compensation for what?

I  remember this they were awarded compensation for traumatic stress at the horrific scenes being directly involved.

What about the hundreds of fans that helped by making make shift stretchers out of advertising hoardings and assisting in helping the dying and injured.

Even Bruce Grobler and Stevie Nicole was helping fans before they were ushered away.

Bruce said on radio today he still sees their faces crushed against those death trap fences after all these years it does not go away.

Must have been horrific I remember the Forest fans at the other end jeering at the Liverpool fans about coming on the pitch and stopping the game.

They were obviously oblivious at that time that people were dying as soon as they realized they ran across to help.

One of the worst days in football along with Bradford, Hysel and Ibrox it is the reason why  those fences were torn down and all seater more room stadia we now sit in with lower attendance were introduced.

That ground was unfit for the purpose from the start (and may be before) it was obvious that the capacity was no where near enough.

I wonder if the FA will face any charges after this, after all it was the FA cup along with the polices total lack of "duty of care"
to the public the FA can't be blameless in all this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 173
bogbrush
September 13, 2012, 12:26am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Yes, mistakes where made. It would have been better people had admitted this at the time. But instead it seems there was an attempt to cover things up and basically lied to cover thier own back, and that whats made me angry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 173
Mrs Doyle
September 13, 2012, 12:54am
Whiskey Drinker
I remember even at BP in the Pontoon them Horrible crush barriers and big fences they were death traps waiting to happen.

It is usually kids who get hurt first at Hillsborough it is now clear that big mistakes were made,worse still vital evidence in a criminal court case  were tampered with by the police and high up officials.

This whole lot stinks perhaps the saddest part is the 41 victims whose lives could have been saved if they had been allowed access to proper emergency services.

You think your family members kids etc are safe going to watch what should be a fun day out at the semi final of a FA cup game. You can't imagine the loss of a love one not coming home through that door again.
That pain will never ever go away.

R.I.P. the 96 and get those accidental death verdicts overturned.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 173
roundballovalhole
September 13, 2012, 1:00am
Guest User
Quoted from ExLeightonMariner

I heard on the radio that there were 400,000 pieces of evidence, I didn't realise you'd read them all and come up with a solution that some of the finest legal minds in the country had been missed for 23 years.  Please accept my apologies.

With such sn incapacity to comprehend information and the verdict of an independant inquiry. . . I  dont think you deserve 60k p.a. Private medical cover and a company car.  Your company would be far better advised to spend this money on ornamental trees, stylish office furniture and a new watercooler. . . It's times like this when I wish I had used the word 'fu(ktard' less often. . .

You Fu(ktard!!!!!!
Reply: 147 - 173
Grim up north
September 13, 2012, 1:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +689
Gold Stars: 1
These are my honest views having attended many games in this period and beyond , two of my friends being Liverpool fans who were in the middle pen at the game. Soccer violence at this time was probably at its worst, police trust in the football fan ,genuine or not was at its lowest ,what could look like fans trying to escape a disaster now ,at the time was an attempted pitch invasion. What is not acceptable is the massive police cover up of evidence /witness statements being changed or lost. What is fact and will be impossible to gain as evidence by any panel in the world (nor wanted for loss of votes or public opinion )is that many fans did force the gates without tickets the nearer the game got to kick off in the hope of getting in to the big game and this did not help the situation.This was not a one off , it happened many times before and even for a few years after.None of these would expect anybody to be injured by these actions but history shows what happened. Had it been my Son/Daughter lost that day then I would fight the rest of my life for the facts like they are doing to this day ,as will the parents of those who lost at Heysel /Ibrox/Bradford etc.Like any disaster different circumstances would have contributed to the events of the day not one individual act, what we have todo is ensure its never repeated. YNWA.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 173
Mrs Doyle
September 13, 2012, 6:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Grim up north
These are my honest views having attended many games in this period and beyond , two of my friends being Liverpool fans who were in the middle pen at the game. Soccer violence at this time was probably at its worst, police trust in the football fan ,genuine or not was at its lowest ,what could look like fans trying to escape a disaster now ,at the time was an attempted pitch invasion. What is not acceptable is the massive police cover up of evidence /witness statements being changed or lost. What is fact and will be impossible to gain as evidence by any panel in the world (nor wanted for loss of votes or public opinion )is that many fans did force the gates without tickets the nearer the game got to kick off in the hope of getting in to the big game and this did not help the situation.This was not a one off , it happened many times before and even for a few years after.None of these would expect anybody to be injured by these actions but history shows what happened. Had it been my Son/Daughter lost that day then I would fight the rest of my life for the facts like they are doing to this day ,as will the parents of those who lost at Heysel /Ibrox/Bradford etc.Like any disaster different circumstances would have contributed to the events of the day not one individual act, what we have todo is ensure its never repeated. YNWA.

Could not have worded it better well put Grim. One thing I will add however Margaret Aspinall said she and family members and friends had to find their own money for expensive court costs to launch appeals etc where as the media and high up police authorities were able to fund top lawyers to keep the truth at bay, this needs re-addressing.

The Sun and Rupert Murdock for a start can compensate for all the losses and legal fees involved to Mrs Aspinall and others who fought so hard to get this case to where it is now,also to pay for any future legal fees to ensure the truth is brought out.

There must now be another inquiry to clear all those 96 peoples names and get the right verdict this time, and to bring to justice ALL the people involved in this cover up including MP's.

Thatcher and in particular the sports minister at the time must have known what was going on.

If not i would urge everybody to stop buying the sun until it is forced to shut down Kelvin McKenzie must give a full apology on behalf of himself and the sun for that disgusting article he wrote.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 173
18 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.