Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

The truth of hillsborough

This thread currently has 27,691 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
September 12, 2012, 4:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from psgmariner

Boris Johnson has some apologising to do as well.

His article on Scousers certainly laid the blame at drunken fans and not the police. Still he is such a ruddy character isn't he?

You mean this ?

He's a typical politician; a chancer, an opportunist who will waffle the things that (regrettably) some people can nod and agree with.
He'll go far  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 173
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 12, 2012, 4:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
A lot of gut reaction today isn't there? The Indy is full of righteous indignation. The Mail would bring back hanging as usual. What has come out today is nothing new though, just more of it.

It was obvious that up to 41 more people might possibly have survived if they had treatment straightaway. The doctored police statements were already published a few years ago. We knew that the very few police had even fewer radios. We knew the coroner's illegal blood samples showed none of the victims had alcohol in them. (Well they wouldn't would they? The victims were the innocent first ones into the cage and the last ones to charge in couldn't have their blood tested could they?) We knew that the field gates were not opened in time. We knew that the exit gate was wrongly opened. We knew people were not guided into the empty side areas. We knew the man in charge had no experience and froze because he said so. All we have is more confirmation of all this.

If it is possible to apportion blame then stop talking about it and do it. Sue the police. Petition the Attorney General over the inquests, charge somebody over the falsification of evidence. Get on with it if the families think that will help them. Will it? Will it help anyone to shove a few long retired coppers in an open prison for a year or two after some hugely expensive show trials? I have my doubts.

At the risk of annoyance to some posters I have to say that today proves nothing new at all, at least to me. We know what happened. Those of us old enough to have seen football grounds before, during and after the cages know exactly why it happened too. That combination of circumstances cannot be repeated.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 173
Super Clive
September 12, 2012, 4:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
flipping twits, thatcher thatcher thatcher.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 173
Rodley Mariner
September 12, 2012, 4:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177

At the risk of annoyance to some posters I have to say that today proves nothing new at all, at least to me. We know what happened. Those of us old enough to have seen football grounds before, during and after the cages know exactly why it happened too. That combination of circumstances cannot be repeated.

I can't help but wonder why you feel better placed to know what happened than an independent panel who've spend hundreds of hours pouring over evidence and concluded that their is no evidence of excessive drunkenness, violence or people forcing entry without tickets. I'm sure some people were drunk but the police should have done their jobs properly and protected those innocent fans at the front.

I also wonder, had you lost a 15 year old child, would you feel it so pointless to seek justice through the prosecution of those culpable. What are your views on the systematic falsification and destruction of evidence and the deliberate attempt to shift blame onto the people who'd suffered?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 173
semilapsedmariner
September 12, 2012, 4:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +0
Quoted from Gary Haddock

I think he should stand in the middle of anfield in front of a packed scouse crowd, and let him apoligise then and see what the scouser think to his apoligy.

Public Stonings are not allowed in this country.
But surely an exeption could be made.

Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred,jealousy,boastfullness,
disregard of all rules and a sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence;
In other words it is war without the shooting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 173
Rodley Mariner
September 12, 2012, 4:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
A lot of gut reaction today isn't there?

Just to add RRFC - is it not the case that the reaction on here is based on fact, evidence and legal ruling, whilst your knowledge of what happened is based on your gut reaction of what you assume to have happened?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 173
AndyGTFC
September 12, 2012, 5:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
A lot of gut reaction today isn't there? The Indy is full of righteous indignation. The Mail would bring back hanging as usual. What has come out today is nothing new though, just more of it.

Some of the info might not be new but I don't think the sheer scale of the cover-up had ever been properly exposed until today. Stories of police corruption aren't exactly new but not to this level. It's absolutely disgusting and there's no way that the people responsible should be allowed to get away with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 173
lawless29
September 12, 2012, 5:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
Quoted from aaron rattray
I watched it on itv and as a Liverpool fan i shall be eagerly awaiting the verdict tomorrow, to be fair to pc david duckenfield he didn't mean for people to die and it isn't his fault he was so inexperienced, but he shouldn't of lied, also one person who lost his 2 daughters went to get a coffee and went into a side pen, that probably saved his life, reminds of alfreton away last season

how old are you ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 173
lawless29
September 12, 2012, 5:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
Quoted from aaron rattray
my respect for david cameron has gone up through the roof as i suspect many others will regard david cameron much higher now

no cameron is still a twit regardless

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 173
I am Um Bongo
September 12, 2012, 5:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +3
Comparing Alfreton away to the Hillsborough disaster... Gobsmacked.

I love you Um Bongo, we will be best friends forever <3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 173
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.