18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
September 13, 2012, 6:50am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Ihave downloaded all 389 pages on the panel's findings and i am horrified i have also got every single book what has been written about it, seen hundreds of hours of footage of the disaster and i am horrified, they blood and alcohol tested a 10 year old boy who died in it, the police was not sympathetic or compassionate the questions they asked the families, how much alcohol did you have? Etc one of my uncles is a forest fan and he was there in the forest end closest to the crush, he was horrified, alot of coppers failed that day, not all of them but a lot, disgusting

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 173
lawless29
September 13, 2012, 7:56am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11

photo hosting per·ju·ry [pur-juh-ree] Show IPA
noun, plural per·ju·ries. Law .
the willful giving of false testimony under oath or affirmation, before a competent tribunal, upon a point material to a legal inquiry. Lying in Court under Oath
3-5yrs prison sentence

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 173
lawless29
September 13, 2012, 7:56am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11

photo hosting per·ju·ry [pur-juh-ree] Show IPA
noun, plural per·ju·ries. Law .
the willful giving of false testimony under oath or affirmation, before a competent tribunal, upon a point material to a legal inquiry. Lying in Court under Oath
3-5yrs prison sentence

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 173
Chrisblor
September 13, 2012, 9:37am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,781
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Grim up north
These are my honest views having attended many games in this period and beyond , two of my friends being Liverpool fans who were in the middle pen at the game. Soccer violence at this time was probably at its worst, police trust in the football fan ,genuine or not was at its lowest ,what could look like fans trying to escape a disaster now ,at the time was an attempted pitch invasion. What is not acceptable is the massive police cover up of evidence /witness statements being changed or lost. What is fact and will be impossible to gain as evidence by any panel in the world (nor wanted for loss of votes or public opinion )is that many fans did force the gates without tickets the nearer the game got to kick off in the hope of getting in to the big game and this did not help the situation.This was not a one off , it happened many times before and even for a few years after.None of these would expect anybody to be injured by these actions but history shows what happened. Had it been my Son/Daughter lost that day then I would fight the rest of my life for the facts like they are doing to this day ,as will the parents of those who lost at Heysel /Ibrox/Bradford etc.Like any disaster different circumstances would have contributed to the events of the day not one individual act, what we have todo is ensure its never repeated. YNWA.

Wrong. The police opened the gate next to the turnstiles in an effort to relieve the crowds that had built up outside the ground (there is CCTV footage of this happening which mysteriously only turned up in Yorkshire Television's archives in the mid-90s). They then lied and stated the fans forced the gate open. Please read a summary of yesterday's report before continuing to perpetuate this nonsense.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 173
codcheeky
September 13, 2012, 10:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Perhaps the blackest day in the history of the police force in this country and also the ambulance service, this cover up would shame a third world dictatorship, at last the truth is out, i am guilty of thinking drunken fans were a lot to blame a line the authorities have pushed since the day the tragedy, whether we will see any justice with many involved in this deceit part of the establishment will remain to be seen, the police have a habit of losing evidence and delay when it comes to prosecuting their own
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 173
Grim up north
September 13, 2012, 11:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +689
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Chrisblor

Wrong. The police opened the gate next to the turnstiles in an effort to relieve the crowds that had built up outside the ground (there is CCTV footage of this happening which mysteriously only turned up in Yorkshire Television's archives in the mid-90s). They then lied and stated the fans forced the gate open. Please read a summary of yesterday's report before continuing to perpetuate this nonsense.

Chris, this is my last post on this subject , my wording you highlighted was indeed wrong ,I meant as in turned up late and surged the gate in the hope of getting in to the game,anyone around at the time would remember or seen this happening at numerous grounds holding the big games.Being in my late Teens at the time friends and I attended many fixtures like this , remember tickets were harder to obtain them days with no Internet/mobile phones around like today. No one act causes a disaster of this scale, many events lead up to it with all the cogs lining up for it to occur.I don't rely on reports from men in suits I go by what I witnessed countless times around the Eighties /early nineties, believe me this could have happened at a number of games of that time indeed some will remember on a smaller scale our game away at Chesterfield.I was recalling this incident with a friend a while ago who was in the middle pen and spent years having nightmares of what he saw under his feet ,details that i wont put on a public forum.Lets hope the families involved get the outcome they are looking for, at the end of the day what matters is that 96 fans just like us left the house to watch a game of football and never came home,that should never happen again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 173
Ipswin
September 13, 2012, 12:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Gary Haddock

No

Wanna bet? I wouldn't be at all surprised if Michael Mansfield's reps were handing out flyers to all and sundry (irrespective of whether they lost loved ones or if they were just a bit upset 23 years ago) at the meeting in Liverpool last night.

The legal profession and half of Liverpool will be all over it like a rash especially as the police are such an easy target

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 173
aaron rattray
September 13, 2012, 12:44pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
The police said that the CCTV cameras didn't have a zoom in facility but yet the day after the disaster the man in charge of the cameras went into the police control box ( which was situated in the leppings lane end where the crush happened) and the camera zoomed in so much you could see the time on the groundsmans watch

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 173
Chrisblor
September 13, 2012, 1:00pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,781
Gold Stars: 233
Chris, this is my last post on this subject , my wording you highlighted was indeed wrong ,I meant as in turned up late and surged the gate in the hope of getting in to the game,anyone around at the time would remember or seen this happening at numerous grounds holding the big games.

Oh there's no doubt there was a large build up of supporters outside the turnstiles just before kick-off. In the previous two years before the semi-final the police had been checking tickets at roadblocks in the streets leading up to the Leppings Lane end. This was mainly to ensure that only fans with tickets got near the stadium but also had the added effect of staggering crowds which meant there was much less crowding directly outside the turnstiles. For some unexplained reason the experienced police officer who had supervised the two previous finals was replaced only weeks before the 1989 semi-final by David Duckenfield who decided not to operate the ticket checks in streets outside the ground. This meant that a bigger crowd of spectators gathered outside the turnstiles than in previous years and the decision to open Gate C to let them in created a more severe rush.

If police had controlled the crowd more effectively and sent late arriving fans into the side entrances to the stand instead of through the main tunnel which led to the middle two pens the disaster would have been avoided. There were many complaints from supporters who previously attended semi-finals at Hillsborough about crushing in the middle of the stand but the FA never acted on these complaints or took the issue seriously. That is why the FA have finally issued an apology this lunch-time for holding the game at a stadium considered to be unsafe.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 173
The Yard Dog
September 13, 2012, 2:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
These are my honest views having attended many games in this period and beyond , two of my friends being Liverpool fans who were in the middle pen at the game. Soccer violence at this time was probably at its worst, police trust in the football fan ,genuine or not was at its lowest ,what could look like fans trying to escape a disaster now ,at the time was an attempted pitch invasion. What is not acceptable is the massive police cover up of evidence /witness statements being changed or lost. What is fact and will be impossible to gain as evidence by any panel in the world (nor wanted for loss of votes or public opinion )is that many fans did force the gates without tickets the nearer the game got to kick off in the hope of getting in to the big game and this did not help the situation.This was not a one off , it happened many times before and even for a few years after.None of these would expect anybody to be injured by these actions but history shows what happened. Had it been my Son/Daughter lost that day then I would fight the rest of my life for the facts like they are doing to this day ,as will the parents of those who lost at Heysel /Ibrox/Bradford etc.Like any disaster different circumstances would have contributed to the events of the day not one individual act, what we have todo is ensure its never repeated. YNWA.

Actually it was the POLICE which opened gates C and not the Liverpool supporter's section 22 of Hillsborough's Panel Report
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 173
18 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.