Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,529 views. Print
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
February 23, 2012, 8:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,963
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from STB
If Fenty was a town player, he may not be the most consistent or skilful in the team but he'd put a shift in every game and he'd stay at the club no matter what.

No, if Fenty was a Town player he would have been the first to have his contract paid up in full.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 365
Squarkus
February 23, 2012, 8:42am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295

Part of what Golly was saying is that the new cash he's pledging is money already committed to in his deal with Parker. It's a bit like saying the bloke who pays his bills after everyone else is the only one currently paying.
Parker broke the deal by fu king of,sholder to sholder was the deal not just for this season but for the future of GTFC he was the owner when all said and done, so as i look at it fenty is still the lone ranger picking up the tab, by the way can i be the first to kick his balls.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 365
Squarkus
February 23, 2012, 8:51am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from GollyGTFC

No, if Fenty was a Town player he would have been the first to have his contract paid up in full.
so you dont admire him then jolly dolly.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 365
Wrawby_Mariner
February 23, 2012, 8:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Squarkus
Parker broke the deal by fu king of,sholder to sholder was the deal not just for this season but for the future of GTFC he was the owner when all said and done, so as i look at it fenty is still the lone ranger picking up the tab, by the way can i be the first to kick his balls.

Can you kick your own balls?  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 63 - 365
dapperz fun pub
February 23, 2012, 9:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from STB
If Fenty was a town player, he may not be the most consistent or skilful in the team but he'd put a shift in every game and he'd stay at the club no matter what.

bit like ronnie bull put a shift in most weeks but was utter crap
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 365
GollyGTFC
February 23, 2012, 9:08am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,963
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Squarkus

Just a point. Parker and Fenty agreed a budget up to the end of this season. And both agreed to invest £500,000 to bridge the funding gap. Mike Parker, despite leaving the board a year ago and having no influence, kept to his word and invested £500,000 in shares. That money is funding this season (right until the end of May) just as much as John Fenty is. Infact John Fenty hasn't invested the full £500,000 yet has he? And now he is holding the Trust to ransom over the final £200,000 or so.

And there was no deal beyond this season. Parker has done everything he promised in terms of financing the club.

Without Mike Parker's money we would have had a hugely reduced playing budget this season. We wouldn't have been able to afford the fee to buy Liam Hearn. We wouldn't have been able to assemble the squad we have paying good money to key players like Disley, Elding and Miller. I very much doubt we would be sat 1 point off the play-offs with a game in hand and thinking we might reach Wembley twice.

Whatever we achieve this season Parker deserves equal credit with Fenty for financing it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 65 - 365
Informer the real one
February 23, 2012, 10:05am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Just a point. Parker and Fenty agreed a budget up to the end of this season. And both agreed to invest £500,000 to bridge the funding gap. Yes in loans not equity (shares)

Mike Parker, despite leaving the board a year ago and having no influence. Agreed no influence

kept to his word and invested £500,000 in shares. His agreement with fenty was to provide loans and share in the funding going forward lets get it right.

In-fact John Fenty hasn't invested the full £500,000 yet has he? Evidence please

And now he is holding the Trust to ransom over the final £200,000 or so. The trust have said they made proposals to fenty so dont see the ransom position you refer to. They didn't have to do anything then what would you have said if fenty in December as funding dried up Fcd/OFFFF

And there was no deal beyond this season. Parker has done everything he promised in terms of financing the club. Has he really. Someone posted an agreement on here a few months ago which implicitly said they were jointly funding the future of the club.

Without Mike Parker's money we would have had a hugely reduced playing budget this season. Wood we really!!! has fenty not provide competitive budgets every season then.

We wouldn't have been able to afford the fee to buy Liam Hearn. Really so fenty has always short changed the club than

We wouldn't have been able to assemble the squad we have paying good money to key players like Disley, Elding and Miller. You mean provide addition money for players like fenty has just recently which include Miller, Soars, Hughes-Mason

Whatever we achieve this season Parker deserves equal credit with Fenty for financing it. Really and what about turning the club on its head for a none issue and pulling the rip cord!!! Go on!!.

balderdash with bells on Golly. I dont like fenty but your blowing smoke up the wrong one here, if things do go well fenty deserves the credit, not your knight.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 365
Chris
February 23, 2012, 10:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Just a point. Parker and Fenty agreed a budget up to the end of this season. And both agreed to invest £500,000 to bridge the funding gap. Mike Parker, despite leaving the board a year ago and having no influence, kept to his word and invested £500,000 in shares. That money is funding this season (right until the end of May) just as much as John Fenty is. Infact John Fenty hasn't invested the full £500,000 yet has he? And now he is holding the Trust to ransom over the final £200,000 or so.

And there was no deal beyond this season. Parker has done everything he promised in terms of financing the club.

This is the question that most needs answering IMO.

As I can recall, Mr Fenty said that the agremeent was for he and Parker to put £500,000 in in loans, whilst Mr Parker said they had agreed to do this in shares. So when Parker bought shares and Fenty didnt, this is when this merry go round began spinning out of control. At this point, Parker owns over 50% of the shares, Fenty refused to put money into "someone elses" club, and GTFC was due to run out of money in December.

My question is, who is telling the truth about how this seasons budget was to be funded?

Why were no minutes of the agreement taken? And if minutes do exisit, in the interests of honesty and openness, would it not be a good idea to have them published?

For me, this situation was created by either Mike Parker, John Fenty or a combination of them both. The supporters of GTFC deserve to know the truth about this agreement, and while I am sure Squarkus will come and tell me to take my head out my bottom again, this question needs answering honestly by both parties.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 365
Chris
February 23, 2012, 10:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1

balderdash with bells on Golly. I dont like fenty but your blowing smoke up the wrong one here, if things do go well fenty deserves the credit, not your knight.

How many log ins do you have, John???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 365
dapperz fun pub
February 23, 2012, 10:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Chris

This is the question that most needs answering IMO.

As I can recall, Mr Fenty said that the agremeent was for he and Parker to put £500,000 in in loans, whilst Mr Parker said they had agreed to do this in shares. So when Parker bought shares and Fenty didnt, this is when this merry go round began spinning out of control. At this point, Parker owns over 50% of the shares, Fenty refused to put money into "someone elses" club, and GTFC was due to run out of money in December.

My question is, who is telling the truth about how this seasons budget was to be funded?

Why were no minutes of the agreement taken? And if minutes do exisit, in the interests of honesty and openness, would it not be a good idea to have them published?

For me, this situation was created by either Mike Parker, John Fenty or a combination of them both. The supporters of GTFC deserve to know the truth about this agreement, and while I am sure Squarkus will come and tell me to take my head out my bottom again, this question needs answering honestly by both parties.

the trust should ask the relevant questions and get it out in the open,something i suspect mr fenty wont be over keen to do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 365
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.