Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,346 views. Print
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
February 22, 2012, 10:09am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
good work golly. can someone confirm that golly's logic is correct? i.e. the £200,000 that jf has promised to put in is simply the money he had previously pledged. if so not only has he pulled the wool over the trust's eyes about the bennett transfer situation but he's got another 200,000 shares simply for fulfilling his previous agreement with MP! Obviuosly a trick he learnt from Gordon brown - all smoke and mirrors and never any new money, just recycling old pledges in new packages
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 365
LeightonMariner
February 22, 2012, 10:19am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from headingly_mariner

No.

Okay, with all due respect, what the Trust does with it's shares has absolutely nothing to do with you.  If you want to influence the Trusts directions and decisions it's highly unlikely that you'll succeed via message board ranting.  Sign up and get involved.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 365
crusty ole pie
February 22, 2012, 10:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Okay, with all due respect, what the Trust does with it's shares has absolutely nothing to do with you.  If you want to influence the Trusts directions and decisions it's highly unlikely that you'll succeed via message board ranting.  Sign up and get involved.

I like it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 365
GollyGTFC
February 22, 2012, 10:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,976
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Ishould have  added to the above unless golly your sitting on millions to invest or you have  got a better plan I suggest you put all this anti fenty talk to bed cos one day he might just say intercourse you all

Run the football club within it's means? Last financial year (ending May 31st 2011) we spent 115% of turnover on Staff costs.

The financial report from May 31st 2004 (just days before Fenty became Chairman) showed an accumulated loss going forward of £1,592,722. On Fenty's watch that had risen to £3,573,604 by May 31st 2011. And you can add another £800,000 or so to that by May 31st 2012 minus anything we might earn if we play at Wembley this season.

And the May 31st 2004 accounts show we had a net debt £2,172,659. That now stands at a massive £2,944,100.

Also issued share capitol has sky rocketed. It's gone from £323,450 in 2004 to a present level of £1,856,900.

This means that in 2004 if somebody had wanted to buy all the issued shares in the club and clear/cover all current debts they would have had to spend £2,496,109 to buy a club playing their first season at League Two level for 14 years.

Fast forward to the time of the 2011 AGM and to do the same would cost at least £4,801.000 for a non-league club running at heavy losses.

And it's apparently the Mariners Trust's 28% shareholding that makes GTFC such an unattractive proposition for would be investors?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 365
gaz57
February 22, 2012, 10:53am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
As I have said before why did'nt Mr Fenty pay for the shares so the trust would have the funds to take a seat on the board.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 365
GollyGTFC
February 22, 2012, 10:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,976
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Pongo
Golly Mrs Molly you've certainly taken this one apart.

Sorry Mate you are just not right. Mr Fenty held 51% of the shares from way back. I attended an AGM where the shareholders approved this.

So one assume he cannot raise his holding above 50% again without shareholders approval.  And that would need agreement from the Trust as i understand it he could not use his own holding to support this kind of proposal(to me he just wants comfort not control like he once had). Maybe Shareholder could come on and confirm this??? Not seen him for a while????

Is it not!!!! about paying the bills going forward now!!!!!??????

A vast amount of money was lost at the joint decisions of Mr Parker and Mr Fenty IMO. I remember the crowing of we are maintaining a L2 budget and nothing will change.

Think you have to move on. Any deals between them broke down when Mr Parker tuned his back on the club and we have what we have. You seem to be quite specific about what each of them have done how do you know this????and is it fact.
Personally I suspect when Mr Parker pledged to acquire shares the board did not dare turn it down. So this left him with 54% and control and no responsibility. Think you need to get real, would you invest in someones company, particularly when they have control.

Oh and by the way its a bit rich to say Mr Parker gets grief, when in comparison Mr Fenty gets hammered and blamed for all the decisions!! isn't i??. and that's irrespective of him funding the club for years.(I think they are as bad as each other)

While responding a thought just occurred to me. there has been Lots of speculation about budgets and Fenty's benign loans and how he has supported barmy budgeting etc. Who paid of the tax man's £700k debt off from another regime??? Who paid the aborted relocation costs, presumably these are part of the loans too. are they his fault also.

My advice is to move on Mate and lets make sure the Trust plays a bigger role.

He didn't own 51% himself. A good proportion of the shares belonged to his partner (Helen Laight if my memory is correct). The board members themselves have never accounted for a majority of shares whilst Fenty has been involved with the club. Now, I appreciate with his partner's shares over 50% of the shares were friendly to him as Chairman and the board of directors. But is that still not the case now? Are the Mariners Trust really going to use their 28% aggressively? Of course not- it's a load of tripe and an excuse.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 365
STB
February 22, 2012, 11:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
The problems we had financially as a L2 team have not been resolved.
If we do gain promotion, I think we will need even more money to maintain equilibrium.
After watching that feature on Stevenage, it was clear that the cost of running a club at L2 level, despite all the extra income streams was much higher than running a BSBP club.
Until GTFC stops losing money year on year, I can't see how it can move forward.
Its all well and good congratulating JF for his generosity etc but costs should be cut so that we are not losing money.
Like I mentioned recently, we have twice as many non-footballing staff as Scunny - this needs resolving!!
Several clubs use YT players to man the turnstiles on match days and help with other duties as part of their contracts (eg ticket office/club shop etc) during busy times.
Quite why we need a 'marketing team' is beyond me, the PR at BP has never really been that good.
Social media is a great way to communicate with fans and its good that town have touched on this but it is free and relatively low maintenance which could again reduce the wage bill.
IMHO, we could be knocking on the door of the football league quite soon with the manager(s) and squad we have but the business part of the club needs streamlining and refreshing so that we don't need JF (or anyone else) to be haemorrhaging money every year. Only then, when we can balance the books, will we be able to move forward and properly attract potential new investors.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 365
headingly_mariner
February 22, 2012, 11:25am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,319
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from LeightonMariner

The decision will have an impact on the that should concern all fans not just the 300 who have put money into the trust. I waited to see what the aims of the new trust would be before i joined and i am not satisfied that me joining a the trust will give me any more voice than i already have. The Trust have shown themselves to be naive and weak and their aims are not consistent with what a supporters trust should be in my opinion.

With regards to the thread Golly has made some excellent points and has raised the real issues as to why the club has not been taken on by anyone else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 365
LeightonMariner
February 22, 2012, 11:53am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The decision will have an impact on the that should concern all fans not just the 300 who have put money into the trust. I waited to see what the aims of the new trust would be before i joined and i am not satisfied that me joining a the trust will give me any more voice than i already have. The Trust have shown themselves to be naive and weak and their aims are not consistent with what a supporters trust should be in my opinion.

With regards to the thread Golly has made some excellent points and has raised the real issues as to why the club has not been taken on by anyone else.

I agree, the OP raises some interesting points but consider this.  The board of GTFC has never in my lifetime had the best interests of the fans at heart, this is possibly the best and only chance we'll ever get to change that.  The Trust needs greater funds and a wider cross-section of opinion, that can only be achieved by (massively) increased membership.  Don't sit on the outside sniping when it's so easy to become part of the process.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 365
pier39
February 22, 2012, 12:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from STB
The problems we had financially as a L2 team have not been resolved.
If we do gain promotion, I think we will need even more money to maintain equilibrium.
After watching that feature on Stevenage, it was clear that the cost of running a club at L2 level, despite all the extra income streams was much higher than running a BSBP club.
Until GTFC stops losing money year on year, I can't see how it can move forward.
Its all well and good congratulating JF for his generosity etc but costs should be cut so that we are not losing money.
Like I mentioned recently, we have twice as many non-footballing staff as Scunny - this needs resolving!!
Several clubs use YT players to man the turnstiles on match days and help with other duties as part of their contracts (eg ticket office/club shop etc) during busy times.
Quite why we need a 'marketing team' is beyond me, the PR at BP has never really been that good.
Social media is a great way to communicate with fans and its good that town have touched on this but it is free and relatively low maintenance which could again reduce the wage bill.
IMHO, we could be knocking on the door of the football league quite soon with the manager(s) and squad we have but the business part of the club needs streamlining and refreshing so that we don't need JF (or anyone else) to be haemorrhaging money every year. Only then, when we can balance the books, will we be able to move forward and properly attract potential new investors.

i agree we have far to many staff we have managers over managers cull that right down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 365
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.