Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,513 views. Print
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
LeightonMariner
February 22, 2012, 2:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from Squarkus

Not being funny but who balances books repeatedly in football!!! you are joking surely

Sorry but I'm with STB on this one.  As more and more clubs go into admin the 'Chester and Maidstone' scenarios will become commonplace.  It's just damn right naive to believe that any business can be run at a constant loss and rely on windfalls and sugar daddies to continue trading.  We all want success but surely not at any risk and total reliance on being a rich mans hobby.  The club simply has to find its feet financially and get into a position where it can be in control of it's own destiny.  The Trust in my opinion needs to become the custodian of common sense and use it's considerable influence effectively.

I'm really torn on the share situation, one part of me is saying do whatever it takes to keep the funding coming into the club, while the other part is saying call his bluff.  Mike Parker gifted a considerable share holding to the trust, effectively making Trust members part owners.  It isn't Mr Fentys personal possession, he simply has a larger ownership share and has put the club into a position where it is wholly liable to him.  Unfortunately there isn't a quick fix, at the moment we really do need John Fenty, or at least his money.  The only way forward is to change that.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 365
Ipswin
February 22, 2012, 3:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from cleefish

he is honest unlike a certain share holder who threw his rattle and ran

Is that certain 'shareholder' the one who put in the £500,000 he promised (and in shares too not as a silly 'benign loan') unlike the 'honest' one, who only now is prepared to make his final investment of the £500,000 he also promised, but only in return for £200,000 worth of shares the other poor sucker paid for?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 365
arryarryarry
February 22, 2012, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from cleefish

but no he is honest unlike a certain share holder who threw his rattle and ran

So you are calling Mr Parker dishonest then, I hope someone on here reports you to him and he sues the shitout of yourarse.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 365
LeightonMariner
February 22, 2012, 3:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from cleefish

well put imho Iam with you 100% if I was him and got all the slagging off he gets I would with draw and say enough your on your own I will have whats owed me but no he is honest unlike a certain share holder who threw his rattle and ran give him a go.
He as not done a bad job this season as he so far with SD&H and the players.utmD

Listen, two rich boys played a game that none of us were party to and perhaps wouldn't understand if we were.  The only thing we have to go on are facts.  JF LOANED the club the vast majority of his input, he can call those loans in at any time.  Mike Parker BOUGHT shares which means he cannot get his money back unless he sells the remaining shares.  I have a very strong feeling that if it wasn't for John Fentys loans, then Mike Parker would still be on the scene trying to make sure that his INVESTMENT was being put to good use.  

Maybe it will take the Trust refusing to hand over their INHERITANCE, to see if John Fenty picks up his ball and goes home.  If he does and we end up as the next Darlo will Mike Parker then re-enter the fray?  I suspect so, but never while John Fenty has the clubs testicles gripped firmly in his fist.

Have a nice day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 365
Squarkus
February 22, 2012, 5:53pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Listen, two rich boys played a game that none of us were party to and perhaps wouldn't understand if we were.  The only thing we have to go on are facts.  JF LOANED the club the vast majority of his input, he can call those loans in at any time.  Mike Parker BOUGHT shares which means he cannot get his money back unless he sells the remaining shares.  I have a very strong feeling that if it wasn't for John Fentys loans, then Mike Parker would still be on the scene trying to make sure that his INVESTMENT was being put to good use.  

Maybe it will take the Trust refusing to hand over their INHERITANCE, to see if John Fenty picks up his ball and goes home.  If he does and we end up as the next Darlo will Mike Parker then re-enter the fray?  I suspect so, but never while John Fenty has the clubs testicles gripped firmly in his fist.

Have a nice day.
so you like to play russian roulett do you, as banded on previous posts if the club are in 3.5 million of debt, do you not think thats why MP scampered of, and where do you come from with investment, what lunatic would invest in a football club, JF does it because he first and formost is a fan and is passionate about GTFC and quite clearly a lunatic, we are enjoying the best spell of football we have seen in 10 years and all you can bang on about is shares ect ect, ffs wake up and smell the coffee, the only way forward is to back JF and the trust and see if we can get out of this sh t league.UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 365
Sixpence
February 22, 2012, 6:03pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -6
FFS.  Can we not draw a line under this poxy share issue and concentrate on the job in hand.  We have someone that is willing but still get this urine poor nit picking that could do more harm than good.  Believe me!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 365
LeightonMariner
February 22, 2012, 6:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Squarkus
so you like to play russian roulett do you, as banded on previous posts if the club are in 3.5 million of debt, do you not think thats why MP scampered of, and where do you come from with investment, what lunatic would invest in a football club, JF does it because he first and formost is a fan and is passionate about GTFC and quite clearly a lunatic, we are enjoying the best spell of football we have seen in 10 years and all you can bang on about is shares ect ect, ffs wake up and smell the coffee, the only way forward is to back JF and the trust and see if we can get out of this sh t league.UTM

Yes, the club are 3.5 million in debt, because of mis-management.  By the way, I don't drink coffee, I prefer tea, without sweeteners of course.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 365
Pongo
February 22, 2012, 6:59pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Yes, the club are 3.5 million in debt, because of mis-management.  By the way, I don't drink coffee, I prefer tea, without sweeteners of course.

Hang on just a cotton picking minute, where does the £3.5million debt come from Leighton i don't understand.

Last Years accounts show the operating shareholders funds at minus £1.068million at May 2011 which is an improvement over minus £1.128million at May 2010 the year before.

I have PMd Shareholder to verify that this is the position of the balance sheet as i read the accounts.

Some interesting info as i look through them. To start with player acquisitions were 30k which i guess is Liam Hearn (terrific Value and business i would say)

Fenty has guarantees to the Bank to support Bank Loans of £325k plus some heavy loans

Should we cut some slack when you think about problems inherited by Fenty
ITV Dgital £2.5mill times 2 years (£5million)
£700 k Tax debt inherited from previous administration

Don't know what i am talking about, as don't others i suspect.

Some are banging on about breaking even, do you do that solely on trading? do you include speculative income from player sales, cup runs etc.

Bet its no a science with gate variance etc.

Not so long ago i recall some having a right go at Fenty for forecasting 3000 gates. Since the turn of fortune have we not massively improved on this when some were saying it should be as low as 2000 and 2500.

Suspect a little speculation might pay off at some stage and lets hope its going to now because there isn't too many with Fenty's balls as i see it.

Maybe we should give his Balls some slack bet Mrs F would like that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 365
sonik
February 22, 2012, 7:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Pongo

Hang on just a cotton picking minute, where does the £3.5million debt come from Leighton i don't understand.

Last Years accounts show the operating shareholders funds at minus £1.068million at May 2011 which is an improvement over minus £1.128million at May 2010 the year before.

I have PMd Shareholder to verify that this is the position of the balance sheet as i read the accounts.

Some interesting info as i look through them. To start with player acquisitions were 30k which i guess is Liam Hearn (terrific Value and business i would say)

Fenty has guarantees to the Bank to support Bank Loans of £325k plus some heavy loans

Should we cut some slack when you think about problems inherited by Fenty
ITV Dgital £2.5mill times 2 years (£5million)
£700 k Tax debt inherited from previous administration

Don't know what i am talking about, as don't others i suspect.

Some are banging on about breaking even, do you do that solely on trading? do you include speculative income from player sales, cup runs etc.

Bet its no a science with gate variance etc.

Not so long ago i recall some having a right go at Fenty for forecasting 3000 gates. Since the turn of fortune have we not massively improved on this when some were saying it should be as low as 2000 and 2500.

Suspect a little speculation might pay off at some stage and lets hope its going to now because there isn't too many with Fenty's balls as i see it.

Maybe we should give his Balls some slack bet Mrs F would like that.

Bet Mrs F would like to give him a kicking in his sack for all the sh*t he brings home.

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 365
MeanwoodMariner
February 22, 2012, 7:28pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I posted this on the Grim Outlook and someone suggested it should get a wider audience. So here it is, slightly edited because I know you Fishy lot are sensitive/scared of Fenty objecting to a fans and shareholders opinion, for you to consider...

With an offensive, patronising opening to a post like that you're bound to get people onside. But nevermind, I will continue reading and I look forward to the part where you propose an alternative plan of action to negotiating/not insulting the one person on the planet who is able and willing to financially support the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 365
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.