Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,531 views. Print
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Chris
February 22, 2012, 9:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Read his post that you quoted 'love him or loathe him'.  We all have opinions, Sadly that's fuelled by the internet mis-information era.  However, opinions aside in one form or another he's put a fortune into the club.  That's a fact, to see if I believe it's been done effectively just check my other posts.  He's still here and there still isn't an alternative so let's use the Trust as a vehicle to influence.

There is an argument that the Trust will be less influential with less shares. Others believe by settling this situation, the Trust will ensure a much better working relationship with JF. What is certainly true is that the trust will only be as influential as JF allows them to be, he'll never give anything away he doesnt want to give away. The only way the Trust can TRULY influence is if as many people as possible join up. Barralad made this pooint previously, and the Trust promotional papers say it too, that together, we are stronger. A cliche I know but still true non the less.

There are some very able minds on this forum, and I'd love to see some of them actively involved with the trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 365
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 22, 2012, 9:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Quoted from LeightonMariner

Read his post that you quoted 'love him or loathe him'.  We all have opinions, Sadly that's fuelled by the internet mis-information era.  However, opinions aside in one form or another he's put a fortune into the club.  That's a fact, to see if I believe it's been done effectively just check my other posts.  He's still here and there still isn't an alternative so let's use the Trust as a vehicle to influence.

Don't disagree with the highlighted bit Leighton. Two questions that arise from that:
(a) it depends on which way you want to influence him;
(b) is the proposed gifting of shares the best way to influence him.

Part of the relevance of Golly's history lesson is to highlight apparent weaknesses in the arguments about "putting control back in the boardroom" and  clarifying whether the extra £200k really is new money.  If he's right then it undermines the rationale for the deal and the credibility of the statement. Shaky ground is no basis for a good decision.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 365
Chris
February 22, 2012, 9:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus

What makes you think Wally Golly is right??

Good one. I'm sure Golly feels well and truly put in his place with that one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 365
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 22, 2012, 9:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus
so you like to play russian roulett do you, as banded on previous posts if the club are in 3.5 million of debt, do you not think thats why MP scampered of, and where do you come from with investment, what lunatic would invest in a football club, JF does it because he first and formost is a fan and is passionate about GTFC and quite clearly a lunatic, we are enjoying the best spell of football we have seen in 10 years and all you can bang on about is shares ect ect, ffs wake up and smell the coffee, the only way forward is to back JF and the trust and see if we can get out of this sh t league.UTM

The game of Russian roulette was already started when this whole fiasco kicked off. The Trust Board blinked first.

As for the question of who would invest in a football club, you've partly answered this yourself. The other one was Mike Parker. Also in a small way, every other shareholder, inc the Trust from day one of its existence.

As for people banging on about shares, well that is kind of the whole point of the issue. The Trust Board has proposed a major transfer of shares from common ownership to a club director. How can people fail to "bang on" about it whether for or against. If they'd never proposed it, we wouldn't be bangng on about it.

To coin a popular phrase, if you don't fackin like it darnt fackin read a thread called "Reply to 'The  Share Issue....'"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 365
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 22, 2012, 9:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Chris
I'd just like to clarify that the Trust board have not been hoodwinked by anyone.

There is virtually nothing contained within any of the threads on any forum I have seen that was not mentioned, brought  up, debated, discussed or even argued about. The Trust board came to a MAJORITY verdict, not a unanimous one. One board member has publicly declared how he voted and why, another resigned his position because he voted no. As much as this has been debated on the forums, it was debated by the Trust board, I can 100% assure anyone of that.

Must have missed something here Chris. Who was it?  Not mentioned on the Trust site as far as I can see.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 365
Chris
February 22, 2012, 10:33pm
Table Wine Drinker

Must have missed something here Chris. Who was it?  Not mentioned on the Trust site as far as I can see.

Argh. must proof read! Should read "nearly resigned because he voted no". Apologies.

The other member who declared how he voted was Barralad, on here on another thread a few days ago, and he explained his reasoning in full. Pretty persuasive arguments were made by him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 365
LeightonMariner
February 22, 2012, 10:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3

Don't disagree with the highlighted bit Leighton. Two questions that arise from that:
(a) it depends on which way you want to influence him;
(b) is the proposed gifting of shares the best way to influence him.

Part of the relevance of Golly's history lesson is to highlight apparent weaknesses in the arguments about "putting control back in the boardroom" and  clarifying whether the extra £200k really is new money.  If he's right then it undermines the rationale for the deal and the credibility of the statement. Shaky ground is no basis for a good decision.

The answer to b. In my opinion is no.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 365
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 22, 2012, 11:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Chris

Argh. must proof read! Should read "nearly resigned because he voted no". Apologies.

The other member who declared how he voted was Barralad, on here on another thread a few days ago, and he explained his reasoning in full. Pretty persuasive arguments were made by him.

Phew!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 365
STB
February 23, 2012, 12:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
If Fenty was a town player, he may not be the most consistent or skilful in the team but he'd put a shift in every game and he'd stay at the club no matter what.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 365
Wrawby_Mariner
February 23, 2012, 1:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from STB
If Fenty was a town player, he may not be the most consistent or skilful in the team but he'd put a shift in every game and he'd stay at the club no matter what.

Like Makofo?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 59 - 365
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.