Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,012 views. Print
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
BlackBoots
February 22, 2012, 8:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

With an offensive, patronising opening to a post like that you're bound to get people onside. But nevermind, I will continue reading and I look forward to the part where you propose an alternative plan of action to negotiating/not insulting the one person on the planet who is able and willing to financially support the club.

I think your last point is a valid one.

I have already voted 'Yes' for the simple reason that i cannot see any alternative. There are some good points made as to why the trust members shouldn't support John Fenty BUT i have yet to read anyone put up a reasoned alternative.

It is easy to say don't do this or that but have an alternative.

I think the Trust influence will be best used if in trying to control the spending from the inside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 365
Chris
February 22, 2012, 9:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
I'd just like to clarify that the Trust board have not been hoodwinked by anyone.

There is virtually nothing contained within any of the threads on any forum I have seen that was not mentioned, brought  up, debated, discussed or even argued about. The Trust board came to a MAJORITY verdict, not a unanimous one. One board member has publicly declared how he voted and why, another nearly resigned his position because he voted no. As much as this has been debated on the forums, it was debated by the Trust board, I can 100% assure anyone of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 365
LeightonMariner
February 22, 2012, 9:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from sonik

Bet Mrs F would like to give him a kicking in his sack for all the sh*t he brings home.

Bet a lot of fans would like to kick the same sac for 10 years of crap.  HOWEVER, if he's finally got it right, and it looks that way, I forgive him.  

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 365
Chris
February 22, 2012, 9:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The decision will have an impact on the that should concern all fans not just the 300 who have put money into the trust. I waited to see what the aims of the new trust would be before i joined and i am not satisfied that me joining a the trust will give me any more voice than i already have. The Trust have shown themselves to be naive and weak and their aims are not consistent with what a supporters trust should be in my opinion.

With regards to the thread Golly has made some excellent points and has raised the real issues as to why the club has not been taken on by anyone else.

Please seek to join the Trust board and I guarantee you will see things differently.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 365
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 22, 2012, 9:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Quoted from LeightonMariner
There's nothing wrong with your opinion but, yesterday's investments are yesterday's news.  MP did invest heavily but it appears he isn't going to in the future.  JF for all his poor decisions is still here and prepared to put his money where his mouth is.  I don't see any option but to back him (and the Trust) unless a clear alternative shows.  Particularly in the present bright spot.

In other words, don't let the facts get in the way of opinions?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 365
Chris
February 22, 2012, 9:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
copy of email sent to the Trust today. I await the answer with interest....(hope you don't mind the unattributed quotes golly!)

One further question: Re the £200,000 that Mr Fenty is spending on new shares. Earlier in the season it was stated by Mike Parker (and confirmed on the company accounts) that JF had so far put in £150,000 of his promised £500,000. He did this by way of a £75,000 loan and by purchasing a further £75,000 of shares.

From this it seems that the £150,000 he put in to see us through to January was actually money he had already pledged nearly a year previously, making his spend £300,000 of the £500,000 that each of them had agreed to spend.

Which leaves £200,000 left of his pledged £500,000 (to match Parker). So is the £200,000 share purchase simply the balance of his pledge from last year or is it brand new money? If the latter, when was the £200,000 balance paid and how?

Its a fantastic question Forza, I know you had a very prompt reply from Dave Roberts.

It's a question I have asked myself and never gotten a satisfactory answer to. What happened to the budget being agreed and funded for this year? Where has the shortfall come from, and why do minutes of the agreed deal not to exist/not been made public to clarify what was agreed and when.

Far too many questions unanswered for my comfort, and, like so many others, I am angry and frustrated that just as things might seem to be looking better on the pitch, this comes along and plays party pooper. I long for the day when GTFC is not dependant upon one person for its funding, and in fact long for a day where external funding being a requirement may well become a thing of the past.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 365
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 22, 2012, 9:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from crusty ole pie
You can quote history as much as you like, but it is the future we Are concerned about Parker has gone fenty is still here propping up our club love him or loath him one thing  is clear without him we would very quickly become The next Darlington.

The points Golly was making, is firstly that Fenty is only spending money already pledged, and secondly that control has not been held by the board for years.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 365
TWAreaTownSupporter
February 22, 2012, 9:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
The fact is that JF is currently the only person willing to put cash into the club. In order to do that he wants a bigger stake in the club, which is fair enough.  I wouldn't invest in the club under his current circumstance, and no one else will either. Without JF we would be another Kettering or Darlington.

We now have a good management team, a fine squad, and a generous and committed benefactor. Let's get behind them all.

Part of what Golly was saying is that the new cash he's pledging is money already committed to in his deal with Parker. It's a bit like saying the bloke who pays his bills after everyone else is the only one currently paying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 365
LeightonMariner
February 22, 2012, 9:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3

The points Golly was making, is firstly that Fenty is only spending money already pledged, and secondly that control has not been held by the board for years.

Read his post that you quoted 'love him or loathe him'.  We all have opinions, Sadly that's fuelled by the internet mis-information era.  However, opinions aside in one form or another he's put a fortune into the club.  That's a fact, to see if I believe it's been done effectively just check my other posts.  He's still here and there still isn't an alternative so let's use the Trust as a vehicle to influence.

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 365
Chris
February 22, 2012, 9:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
I also thing Rob's/The Fishy's coverage of the share issue is excrement by the way. He is so biased it is unbelievable and makes his opinions sound like they are factual. They are not facts, merely assumptions, that's all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 365
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.