Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

This thread currently has 56,515 views. Print
37 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
sonik
February 29, 2012, 1:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from forza ivano

2 things - firstly you seem to be a pretty sensible fella, why not just stump up the tenner and start having a say? i'ts only by having more people on board and a wider range of views that the trust ,and therefore the fans'  representation becomes stronger. seems to me like you've something to contribute  and got nothing to lose, apart from a tenner!

Just done it fella.

Is that a discounted rate?  I thought it was £15 per year or £100 for life membership.

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 365
MuddyWaters
February 29, 2012, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from sonik

Just done it fella.

Is that a discounted rate?  I thought it was £15 per year or £100 for life membership.

Special rate for Old Codgers, no, it was £15. Forza short-sold me.

Private Message
Reply: 321 - 365
forza ivano
February 29, 2012, 1:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Special rate for Old Codgers, no, it was £15. Forza short-sold me.

well done that man .sorry ,it just slipped my mind that there was some vital financial information that may have impacted upon your decision (one of the first lessons learnt at the grimsby branch of the Fenty school of management )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 365
sonik
February 29, 2012, 1:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from forza ivano

well done that man .sorry ,it just slipped my mind that there was some vital financial information that may have impacted upon your decision (one of the first lessons learnt at the grimsby branch of the Fenty school of management )

No flies on me Forza. LOL!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 365
Ipswin
February 29, 2012, 1:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
[quote=170]

why not just stump up the tenner and start having a say? i'ts only by having more people on board and a wider range of views that the trust ,and therefore the fans'  representation becomes stronger. seems to me like you've something to contribute  and got nothing to lose, apart from a tenner!

quote]

I'd join the Trust today
a) if the original now compromised vote is cancelled and
b) a new vote called and all new Trust members were allowed to vote

a) seems unlikely unfortunately and even if it did happen b) is even less likely - I suspect fearing an influx of 'no' voters, the Trust board would only allow those who were members when the original vote was called to vote in any re-arranged ballot

I have no desire to be a member of the Trust once it has given half of its shareholding away to Fenty for nowt and any 'say' I might get by joining ain't gonna get Fenty to give 'em back!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 365
psgmariner
February 29, 2012, 2:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Ipswin
[quote=170]

why not just stump up the tenner and start having a say? i'ts only by having more people on board and a wider range of views that the trust ,and therefore the fans'  representation becomes stronger. seems to me like you've something to contribute  and got nothing to lose, apart from a tenner!

quote]

I'd join the Trust today
a) if the original now compromised vote is cancelled and
b) a new vote called and all new Trust members were allowed to vote

a) seems unlikely unfortunately and even if it did happen b) is even less likely - I suspect fearing an influx of 'no' voters, the Trust board would only allow those who were members when the original vote was called to vote in any re-arranged ballot

I have no desire to be a member of the Trust once it has given half of its shareholding away to Fenty for nowt and any 'say' I might get by joining ain't gonna get Fenty to give 'em back!

Genuine question. Why haven't you joined before now if those were the only reasons stopping you?

Private Message
Reply: 325 - 365
Pongo
February 29, 2012, 2:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Quoted from Chris
My only comment would be that is there a moral obligation for JF to fund a budget he and his fellow board members set?

Its point Chris but is it fair.

I suspect that if MP had not reneged on agreed future financial support beyond this season then all would be rosy.

With the MT and MP owning control, anyone would want their lumps feeling to carry on piling money in the their club.

Can anyone predict how the two are going to look, vote behave now, let alone in six months or a year and so on.

Fickle comes to mind. Meaning down right unpredictable.

last word on this dribble. Signing off BYE

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 365
Chris
February 29, 2012, 3:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Squarkus
why do you not want to speculate on that Chris, fenty has to look at all opptions as i see it, whilst the trust run around with the ace card, do you think he is stupid and doesn,t have a plan B, do the trust have a plan B, who is this new investor Chis you have posted this a couple of times now, as we are led to beleave there is not a queue of investors unless the trust and fenty are keeping somthing up there sleaves.

Squarkus, I cannot see how you genuinely believe that the Trust has an "ace" card. I too am led to believe that there is not a queue of invetors, but I guess that's something we would only find out if the worst ever happened and the club lurched into administration. What happens then depends upon negotiation with the administrators, creditors, and potential investors. Would Mr Fenty want to let the club go into admin and buy it back for a penny? Who knows. Maybe he would just walk away? I don't pretend to understand whats going through his mind. I don't think he has some devious masterplan from which he will make millions, but I do think he wants to control something he funds (which I've said many times I understand).

By the way, I'm a little confused as to where you think I've mentioned that there is a new investor?? I'm pretty sure both Mr Fenty and every GTFC supporter would rather there were others who were prepared to invest in the club, but as far as I know (which is admittedly nothing regarding potential investment) there isnt anyone who has put themselves forward for this? Perhaps you know otherwise?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 365
80sglory
February 29, 2012, 3:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
aaaahh, thank goodness , we seem to have resumed a higher level of debate - thanks to david b and the disappearance of 80s gloryhole!

Sorry to disappoint you !

Been reading this thread and see you're voting no.
Personally I think you're wrong.

There's one question I keep putting to the "No" camp myself that no-one can answer...
Where's the money coming from ?
You prefer to take god knows what risks instead of sorting it and moving forward ?

And as far as the ballot paper goes please step into reality mate it's a yes/no end of !

Quoted from shareholder
My suspicion is that JF will either walk away in the event of a NO vote and deal with the loans in a benign way. Or get the hump and take the club into a pre-pack and wash away other shareholders in the process. Simply his loans enable him to call the shots of and administration.

Whatever the way be careful what you wish for is my advice.

Totally agree !

There's a massive difference between chewing the pros and cons over in theory on the messageboards and taking decisions that we might regret later.

I won't be voting for the reasons I've given but all I can say is, think carefully before you vote "No" !

tbh I just hope this gets sorted so everyone can move forward.

Quoted from Ipswin

Obviously they're nice to have but it's not like they won't have any left.
At the end of the day Ipswin, given the precarious state of the clubs finances, does it make a lot of real difference how many shares the trust have right now ?
Personally I think the value and importance of the shares themselves is being overemphasised.
It's not like giving them up to resolve this boardroom control issue is stopping the trust move forward ?
Reply: 328 - 365
Ipswin
February 29, 2012, 4:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from psgmariner

Genuine question. Why haven't you joined before now if those were the only reasons stopping you?

But I had no reason to join before. The only reason I want to join now is to vote against giving Fenty shares Parker paid for and gave to the Trust.

By the time I knew this deviousness was happening the vote had been announced and it was too late to join and vote

I am a shareholder and I consider I make my contribution to GTFC in that way rather than paying £15 to an organisation which, prior to being given shares, was virtually dormant and powerless and which will be similarly powerless after they give the shares away

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 365
37 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The Share Issue statement from the OS last Friday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.