Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,755 views. Print
31 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 10:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

You seem to fail to understand what the Trust is. It does not "represent the fans views" in the way you seem to think it should. It is a collection of people who have paid to join and have their say on issues like this one. Clearly all of the people involved are fans and want the best for the club but they have no obligation to canvas opinions of non-trust members.

No there is no reason to canvas opinion but I think they have a RESPONSIBILITY that has been gifted to them which appears to have been thrown away . . . . .  they have been ridden like a Cleethorpes donkey by hardened businessman Fenty!  Who do you think got the better deal? The trust or Mr Fenty?
Reply: 130 - 309
psgmariner
February 15, 2012, 10:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 1054

No there is no reason to canvas opinion but I think they have a RESPONSIBILITY that has been gifted to them . . . . . and they have been ridden like a Cleethorpes donkey by hardened businessman Fenty!  Who do you think got the better deal? The trust or Mr Fenty?

What do you propose a fishy poll ffs?!

Private Message
Reply: 131 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 10:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from psgmariner

What do you propose a fishy poll ffs?!

Er? no FFS
Reply: 132 - 309
psgmariner
February 15, 2012, 10:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1054

Er? no FFS

So how can they canvass all the fans then? Surely balloting members on the big decisions is the best option and this is the option they have taken.

Private Message
Reply: 133 - 309
davmariner
February 15, 2012, 10:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Jesus I've been away for a few hours and then all this?!? What the hell has gone on?! Anyone kind enough to summarise to avoid me starting a new thread?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 10:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from psgmariner

So how can they canvass all the fans then? Surely balloting members on the big decisions is the best option and this is the option they have taken.

Read my post, I have said that there is no reason to canvas the fans. . . Before you start FFSing at me FFS!
Reply: 135 - 309
psgmariner
February 15, 2012, 10:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1054

No there is no reason to canvas opinion but I think they have a RESPONSIBILITY that has been gifted to them which appears to have been thrown away . . . . .  they have been ridden like a Cleethorpes donkey by hardened businessman Fenty!  Who do you think got the better deal? The trust or Mr Fenty?

Apologies if I have misread your post. From the above I interpreted it as you saying they had no reason for canavassing opinion but did have a responsibility to do so.

Private Message
Reply: 136 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 10:20pm
Guest User
No worries, tbh I am very confused with what is going on right now. . . but worried what it might mean!
Reply: 137 - 309
MeanwoodMariner
February 15, 2012, 10:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 1054

No there is no reason to canvas opinion but I think they have a RESPONSIBILITY that has been gifted to them . . . . . and they have been ridden like a Cleethorpes donkey by hardened businessman Fenty!  Who do you think got the better deal? The trust or Mr Fenty?

But what does that responsibility involve? Asking every Town fan? Who counts as a Town fan. Season ticket holders? Fishy members? People who have been to a game at some point in the last 5 years? I'm not being a d1ck, I'm just pointing out that there isn't a definition of a Town fan and even if there was how do you begin to gather a consensus? It seems a pretty fair system to me to have an organisation like the Trust that anyone can join if they want and have their say.

As for the deal itself, I dont know the full details as I am not a Trust member (yet). I suspect Fenty could have got a much better for a deal for himself if he had really wanted to fu(k the Trust over. The Trust still have a significant proportion of shares and can continue to grow with time. Right now Fenty is in a better position to sustain the club and IMO the club are better off with those shares in Fenty's control right now. But as i'm not a member of the Trust yet my opinion is not relevant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 10:23pm
Guest User
I don't mean a responsibility to listen to my or any other non trust member's opinion just a huge (and possibly unwanted) responsibility given to them by Mr Parker and on behalf of all fans

Reply: 139 - 309
31 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.