Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,756 views. Print
31 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next All Recommend Thread
voice of reason
February 16, 2012, 5:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Can anyone from the trust explain to me what transferring these shares solves long term, or is it a case of at the end of 2013 JF will ask for another 200,000 shares you will just give them to him...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 309
Chris
February 16, 2012, 5:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from voice of reason
Can anyone from the trust explain to me what transferring these shares solves long term, or is it a case of at the end of 2013 JF will ask for another 200,000 shares you will just give them to him...???

There will be a question and answer set up by the Trust. Please email all questions such as that one directly to enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 309
Trawler
February 16, 2012, 5:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Chris

On the advice of Supporters Direct I understand. There is only so much that can be said in 140 characters!!

Chris - do you happen to know what SD's reasoning was for a freeze on members eligible to vote?

Apologies - just seen your post above.  I'll email this question.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 309
80sglory
February 16, 2012, 6:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
Show me this or retract the statement because it just not true.

I give my honest impression based on what I see on here (and I can't read everything).
I don't have full knowledge of who's a member and who isn't but for those that are(or say they are), I'm struggling to find any arguments in favour of the No" cause. (to be fair Rodley Mariner was one)

If you or anyone else knows better I'd honestly appreciate to hear or see them simply to help me make a more informed decision.

That's all I'm asking.
Some of us have considered opinions, were not all idiots on the Fenty warpath !

No need for the your over-defensiveness IMO.
Reply: 233 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 16, 2012, 6:24pm
Guest User
Were supoorters direct consulted throughout?

It is hard not to feel that the gift of these shares is a fricking albatross around the fans neck. . .

we seem divided at a time when we have been doing the biz on the pitch because up crops all of this sh1t!

I just cant help thinking that this plays into the hands of people with their own intrrests. . . Not denying fenty is a fan but i dont think for a second that his interest is completely altruistic.  He knows the fans are split on many issues and that there wont be a consensus. . . dovide and rule is the phrase!  

Consider this. . . if parker put in a million at the start of the season; we have a playing budget of 500k. . . why was it imperative that the tryst hand over their votes or else hearn has to leave.

I have a great deal of respect for folk who give up their free time and i cant fault their commitment yo the cause but overall. . . wuth no firm game plan, no knowledge of finances; no dealings regarding selling ir buying
Reply: 234 - 309
Chris
February 16, 2012, 6:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1600

I give my honest impression based on what I see on here (and I can't read everything).
I don't have full knowledge of who's a member and who isn't but for those that are(or say they are), I'm struggling to find any arguments in favour of the No" cause. (to be fair Rodley Mariner was one)

If you or anyone else knows better I'd honestly appreciate to hear or see them simply to help me make a more informed decision.

That's all I'm asking.
Some of us have considered opinions, were not all idiots on the Fenty warpath !

No need for the your over-defensiveness IMO.

I'm not getting involved in this discussion other that to say that as the release clearly communicates to you, the Trust board came to a majority decision, not a unanimous one. This was a difficult decision as it will be for the membership we are sure. Vote how you see fit and I hope you make the right choice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 309
80sglory
February 16, 2012, 6:30pm
Guest User
I understand that and thanks for pointing it out but I was talking about the arguments flying around on the fishy.

I'll be voting yes but not sure I fully understand the advantages of a "no" (or even the disadvatages of a "yes") - that's all I'm saying.

Who knows, maybe there are none ?
God knows !
Reply: 236 - 309
February 16, 2012, 6:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1600
I understand that and thanks for pointing it out but I was talking about the arguments flying around on the fishy.

I'll be voting yes but not sure I fully understand the advantages of a "no" (or even the disadvatages of a "yes") - that's all I'm saying.

Who knows, maybe there are none ?
God knows !

Agree and mine is already in Pat's post bag
Reply: 237 - 309
Dan
February 16, 2012, 6:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
80's Glory is back then. This forum had a brief nirvana at least...

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 309
BlackBoots
February 16, 2012, 6:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from voice of reason

I could wrong but surely the point of the share transfer and JF's proposed purchase, is to put him in a position wereby he holds sufficent shares that he can not be voted off the board by those other large share groups(Trust and Parker).

If this goes through Fenty wouldnt need, or want, anymore shares as, if he did he would have to make an offer for all the shares in GTFC.

I therefore deduce that he will not be coming back for anymore shares although I am no expert in this matter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 309
31 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.