Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,752 views. Print
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 2:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from Dan

I see no evidence of this in this thread. And since this thread is titled 'E-Mail from the Trust' you would be well aware that contents of said email do not involve you or need your input, because, well, people who aren't in the trust need to realise that they do not speak for the entire trust membership

If you have the necessary I.T. skills to recieve Emails and communicate within the trust, why not keep it to the trust members and not spoiut it on a non-trust forum. . . The actual thread IS the evidence!!!

Wood for the trees anyone???
Reply: 50 - 309
Bullitt
February 15, 2012, 2:06pm
Guest User
So the gist of it is, give Fenty 200,000 shares, he buys 200,000 new shares which are considered "new money", he then supports the club up until May 2013, with him holding 47% of the shares.
Reply: 51 - 309
Trawler
February 15, 2012, 2:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm a member of the Trust but I don't think shrouding what is done in mystery is a positive thing. The Trust needs to be careful that it doesn't create an 'us and them' scenario - whilst non-members aren't entitled to vote, I do think they're entitled to know what's happening and to have an opinion. Alienating and excluding people completely won't persuade anybody to join up.

It is stated on the Mariners Trust website homepage that this an important postal ballot regarding our share ownership.

"shrouding what is done in mystery" may be an over statement.

Trust members get to vote postally - by 5th March 2012, a date in the correspondence.

So it would seem if non-members want a say then there's nothing to prevent them joining up prior to this date? There's plenty of time.

Shouldn't Trust members get sight of the specifics of what they are voting on prior to the rest of the GTFC community?

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 309
roundballovalhole
February 15, 2012, 2:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from Trawler

It is stated on the Mariners Trust website homepage that this an important postal ballot regarding our share ownership.

"shrouding what is done in mystery" may be an over statement.

Trust members get to vote postally - by 5th March 2012, a date in the correspondence.

So it would seem if non-members want a say then there's nothing to prevent them joining up prior to this date? There's plenty of time.

Shouldn't Trust members get sight of the specifics of what they are voting on prior to the rest of the GTFC community?

I think the difficulty that I am having with some of the trust members who post on here is that they think that paying ten pounds to the trust gives them some kind of mandate as if they were elected.  I get the feeling that they think they have some kind of right when it comes to GTFC.  Have that right if you wish so long as you are able to shoulder the burden of responsibility when it all goes to sh1t and Fenty wants some money off you (soon)!!!

Reply: 53 - 309
Quagmire
February 15, 2012, 2:26pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +931
Gold Stars: 43
Genuine question:

I believe Sonik is a Trust member, and maybe other Fenty family members are too (maybe even JF himself).

Obviously they have the right to vote on this issue BUT surely there is a conflict of interest here?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 309
Devonmatt
February 15, 2012, 2:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from 1054

I think the difficulty that I am having with some of the trust members who post on here is that they think that paying ten pounds to the trust gives them some kind of mandate as if they were elected.  I get the feeling that they think they have some kind of right when it comes to GTFC.  Have that right if you wish so long as you are able to shoulder the burden of responsibility when it all goes to sh1t and Fenty wants some money off you (soon)!!!

Funny, I think the majority of trust members think that joining the trust advances the interests of the trust and ultimately assists in the running of GTFC, nothing more, nothing less.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 309
Trawler
February 15, 2012, 2:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 2075
So the gist of it is, give Fenty 200,000 shares, he buys 200,000 new shares which are considered "new money", he then supports the club up until May 2013, with him holding 47% of the shares.

Or not. It's a vote.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 309
Bullitt
February 15, 2012, 3:01pm
Guest User
It is, and I think I will vote yes!
Reply: 57 - 309
sam gy
February 15, 2012, 3:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from 1054

I don't think anyone particularly thinks that, sounds like you've pretty much made this situation up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 309
ticker_1610
February 15, 2012, 3:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
The reason I havnt yet joined the trust, is because of this current issue. I heard about the proposals to transfer trust shares to JF and the rest of the proposals, I mentioned it to a member of the trust board n I was suprised by the reaction it made me feel that no one but trust board members should know about the proposal. I didn't bother posting what I'd heard because I felt if things were in negotiation with JF then it wasn't the right thing to start speculative arguments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 309
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.