Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

E-Mail from the Trust

This thread currently has 72,748 views. Print
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lislemariner
February 15, 2012, 3:20pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Apologies if this has already been mentioned but just read tweet from John T  "Important news about the control of Grimsby Town FC coming up on @radiohumberside sport this afternoon" Sounds like we'll find out exactly what's been going on very shortly

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 309
sonik
February 15, 2012, 3:21pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Quagmire
Genuine question:

I believe Sonik is a Trust member, and maybe other Fenty family members are too (maybe even JF himself).

Obviously they have the right to vote on this issue BUT surely there is a conflict of interest here?

Yes I am member of the trust and a minor shareholder.  Because I'm a supporter first and foremost. I will read what the proposal is regarding this vote and vote accordingly.  To coin a phrase from John "I won't be brow beaten"  LOL!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 309
Rodley Mariner
February 15, 2012, 3:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Trawler

It is stated on the Mariners Trust website homepage that this an important postal ballot regarding our share ownership.

"shrouding what is done in mystery" may be an over statement.

Trust members get to vote postally - by 5th March 2012, a date in the correspondence.

So it would seem if non-members want a say then there's nothing to prevent them joining up prior to this date? There's plenty of time.

Shouldn't Trust members get sight of the specifics of what they are voting on prior to the rest of the GTFC community?

It says there is a vote but not the details of it - why should Trust members see it first when it affects all fans. Nobody seems willing to reveal details of it on this site, the Trust site or the official site. The attitude of most members on this thread is one of 'It's none of your concern if you're not a member'. Saying 'Something really important is being sent to all members but we're not telling everyone else what it is' kind of is shrouding it in secrecy isn't it?

I feel, as a member of the Trust myself, that it would be better to be totally open with members and non-members alike about what is happening and what John Fenty is demanding. The Trust can then openly demonstrate how important this is and use it to encourage people to join and have a say - as you rightly say they can. This wasn't supposed to sound critical of the Trust board, who I know are under resourced and massively busy - it's just I know that other clubs have had issued where a big divide has been created between members and non members. That's something we need to try and avoid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 309
forza ivano
February 15, 2012, 3:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,178
Gold Stars: 265
the fenty/shares issue is actually the next vote for trust members

the present vote is regarding ctering.Ihave the letter here to summarise there are 5 options

1) flasks but no mcdonalds to be allowed in the ground
2) mcdonalds but no flasks to be allowed in the ground
3) retain the status quo
4) fish n chips, maccy d's, flasks,drugs, alcohol, anything alowed in the ground
5) maccy d's to provide all catering

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 309
Quagmire
February 15, 2012, 3:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from sonik

Yes I am member of the trust and a minor shareholder.  Because I'm a supporter first and foremost. I will read what the proposal is regarding this vote and vote accordingly.  To coin a phrase from John "I won't be brow beaten"  LOL!

No dig at you Sonik btw but I do think the Trust need to take some legal advice on this.  There clearly is a conflict of interest here for any member of the Fenty family.  As a Trust member you absolutely have a right to vote on Trust matters but you can clearly influence a decision which could provide your brother with £400,000 worth of shares for £200,000

Someone from the Trust really needs to make a comment on this in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 309
forza ivano
February 15, 2012, 3:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,178
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Quagmire

No dig at you Sonik btw but I do think the Trust need to take some legal advice on this.  There clearly is a conflict of interest here for any member of the Fenty family.  As a Trust member you absolutely have a right to vote on Trust matters but you can clearly influence a decision which could provide your brother with £400,000 worth of shares for £200,000

Someone from the Trust really needs to make a comment on this in my opinion.

everyone's vote is equal quagmire! just because sonik is a fenty doesn't give him any more or any less voting power than myself. everyone knows who he is - it's exactly the same as an MP or a member of the house of lords who can vote on anything, even if there's a myriad of conflicts of interest.think you're getting your knickers ina twist about nothing, or else you're just trying to stir things up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 309
Quagmire
February 15, 2012, 3:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from forza ivano

everyone's vote is equal quagmire! just because sonik is a fenty doesn't give him any more or any less voting power than myself. everyone knows who he is - it's exactly the same as an MP or a member of the house of lords who can vote on anything, even if there's a myriad of conflicts of interest.think you're getting your knickers ina twist about nothing, or else you're just trying to stir things up

Not trying to stir anything up, just a genuine question.

John Fenty has the potential to financially benefit from a decision that his own brother (and potentially other family members) can directly influence via his / their vote(s).

I think it's best someone looks into the legalities of this.

Don't know about MP's and conflicts of interest but several councillors had to abstain from the Great Coates stadium vote because there was supposedly a conflict of interest as they were Town fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 309
STB
February 15, 2012, 3:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from Devonmatt

WHS.  If you haven't joined the trust then quite frankly you have no basis from which to comment on the actions there of.

That is precisely the reason I haven't joined the trust.

I respect the people who have dedicated their time to run it.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 309
gymadman
February 15, 2012, 3:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
I am not a trust member, or a long lost Fenty family member, but with my limited knowledge of all the facts, the one issue that concerns me is, if John Fenty does not get the majority shareholding, who is going to fund the club in the mid to long term future
I was led to believe from several posters on here that the town was full of potential benefactors waiting for JF to stand down and ride to our rescue, it never materialised.
We have the bases of a decent managership duo, the first signs of a decent squad and hopefully a successful future over the next few seasons.
I think we need to be careful what we wish for, and be realistic in what we expect of other people.

U T M
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 309
Sixpence
February 15, 2012, 4:03pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -6
Quoted from gymadman
I am not a trust member, or a long lost Fenty family member, but with my limited knowledge of all the facts, the one issue that concerns me is, if John Fenty does not get the majority shareholding, who is going to fund the club in the mid to long term future
I was led to believe from several posters on here that the town was full of potential benefactors waiting for JF to stand down and ride to our rescue, it never materialsed.
We have the bases of a decent managership duo, the first signs of a decent squad and hopefully a successful future over the next few seasons.
I think we need to be careful what we wish for, and be realist in what we expect of other people.

U T M

WHS.  Good post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 309
31 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › E-Mail from the Trust

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.